Ferris at Matterly Basin

Dougy1
3/23/2019 3:42am
Where you got him. Top 10 or top 5 ?
I got a six pack on Ferris for 8th or higher.
Happy to be proved wrong.
|
3/23/2019 3:54am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2019 3:55am
Depends what on. Just stopped for first meal break of the night so haven't seen anything yet
3/23/2019 4:08am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2019 4:12am
wouldnt be surprised to see him end up top 5 at least one moto , he did similar in AMA in 2017 at Highpoint
3/23/2019 4:16am
So on Febvre's bike. I hoped this would happen. Any more details on this? A top 5 is possible but I'm not expecting it first ride on this bike and race for the year.

The Shop

3/23/2019 4:22am
So on Febvre's bike. I hoped this would happen. Any more details on this? A top 5 is possible but I'm not expecting it first ride...
So on Febvre's bike. I hoped this would happen. Any more details on this? A top 5 is possible but I'm not expecting it first ride on this bike and race for the year.
3/23/2019 4:22am
I would be extremely surprised to see him inside the top five on sunday evening.
Even without Herlings and Febvre behind the gate.
More realistic to see him in the top ten.
3/23/2019 4:26am
4th-8th place. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the podium although if he already has a ride lined up in America he might ride more conservatively.
3/23/2019 4:27am

Press Release

Yamaha Motor Europe is pleased to welcome Australian MXGP star Dean Ferris into the Monster Energy Yamaha Factory MXGP team as a temporary replacement for the injured Romain Febvre.

After an exciting start to the MXGP season, which was celebrated with an emphatic qualifying-race win, Febvre was unfortunately unable to finish the first Grand Prix of the year after a heavy fall in race two. The former MXGP world champion broke his talus in the incident and was later informed that the injury required surgical repair.

Febvre underwent a successful operation on Wednesday 13 March at the University Antwerp Hospital (UZA). The injury is expected to take six weeks to heal therefore Monster Energy Yamaha Factory MXGP has called upon Ferris to fill the Frenchman's seat for the next three rounds of the MXGP World Championship.

Ferris is the current Australian Motocross champion in the premier class and has been undefeated in the title chase for the last three years. All three titles were won on Yamaha's popular YZ450F and in 2018 he put his name in the history books as the first rider to win all ten rounds of the series.

No stranger to the podium or the tracks and venues in Europe, the 28-year-old is relishing the chance to race three rounds of the MXGP world championship with a Factory YZ450FM as a substitute for Febvre. Having achieved his current goals in Australia, he is now looking for opportunities to compete in other areas of the world and new challenges that will allow him to further hone his skills as a top motocross rider.

Ferris will make his 2019 MXGP debut on the weekend of March 24 at Matterley Basin in Winchester, England, where he will line up on a Monster Energy Yamaha Factory MXGP YZ450FM for the second round of the FIM Motocross World Championship. Matterley Basin is the first of three back-to-back MXGP rounds. Ferris will also contest the two rounds that follow. Round three in Valkenswaard, The Netherlands, and round four in Pietramurata, Italy.

Dean Ferris: "I'm really grateful for the opportunity. I know the next GP is close, but we still have a few days to get comfortable with the bike. I have ridden these three tracks before so I will be pulling on my experience a lot. It's great that I can stay with Yamaha as I've had a great experience with them in the past few years. It's a bummer that Romain got hurt, we never want to see that, but it can happen. I will be trying my very best for these GPs and I look forward to the experience
Dougy1
3/23/2019 4:32am
Motofinne wrote:
Around top 5.
It Would be super impressive if he can top 5
He would have to get a ride in the US if he did,
agn5009
3/23/2019 5:23am
I don’t see him running anywhere near top 5. I’m thinking more like 10th-15th which would be great for his first race back.
3/23/2019 5:54am
agn5009 wrote:
I don’t see him running anywhere near top 5. I’m thinking more like 10th-15th which would be great for his first race back.
15th Place would be great ??? I think there are 17 riders on the gate.
7th is great
3/23/2019 6:30am
agn5009 wrote:
7th is great
36 riders ...
3/23/2019 6:32am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2019 6:51am
Fields not that deep. 5-7 moto scores give or take
Total BS. You dont even know what you re talking about...
agn5009
3/23/2019 6:38am
agn5009 wrote:
7th is great
You should learn how to count. And the fields not deep?? Lol wut
Motofinne
3/23/2019 6:40am Edited Date/Time 3/23/2019 6:42am
Motofinne wrote:
Around top 5.
Dougy1 wrote:
It Would be super impressive if he can top 5
He would have to get a ride in the US if he did,
Yeah i'm not expecting him to get 5th but i think he can get close to 5th if he gets good starts and has some luck with him!

24th in free practice but that is exactly what it is, a practice session. I'm sure that he will be up to speed later today in the quali race.
tek14
3/23/2019 6:41am
From 24th is long way to your top 5 hopes..
3/23/2019 7:27am
tek14 wrote:
From 24th is long way to your top 5 hopes..
its just free practice ..
keinz
3/23/2019 7:43am
Jep. 24th is nothing, but 6sc per lap is something
Motofinne
3/23/2019 7:51am
16th in the timed practice session.
Nuffsaid
3/23/2019 9:12am
12th overall
MagMx08
3/23/2019 9:18am
Nuffsaid wrote:
12th overall
Think you got it! I’m going with 12th too.
Motofinne
3/23/2019 11:06am
He got better every time he hit the track. He was well inside the top 10 and racing with the guys fighting for 6th-10th place but then he crashed.
ATKpilot99
3/23/2019 12:43pm
I think 12th or so is a reasonable expectation.
Sir
3/25/2019 10:16am
What is the point of having Lisa Leyland as a pitlane reporter? Ferris has to retire from race 2 because of a crash (with a suspected knee injury a result of said crash) and not a word of it on the broadcast. Shouldn't this be Lisa's job to find out why a rider is in the pits/retired during a race? Was it a crash, bike problem, rider not feeling well, who knows, so why don't you find out for us viewers Lisa instead of asking utterly mundane, useless questions to team managers like "your riders going well at the moment can he keep up this performance?" Bullshit questions like that add nothing to the broadcast.

There was a rider in the MX2 class (an Aussi I think) who came into the pits (the cameras even showed him parked up and talking to his crew) he got back into the race and may have even finished in the points, but again not a word from Lisa about why the rider had come in.

Just not good enough.
mmcmx
3/25/2019 2:28pm
Sir wrote:
What is the point of having Lisa Leyland as a pitlane reporter? Ferris has to retire from race 2 because of a crash (with a suspected...
What is the point of having Lisa Leyland as a pitlane reporter? Ferris has to retire from race 2 because of a crash (with a suspected knee injury a result of said crash) and not a word of it on the broadcast. Shouldn't this be Lisa's job to find out why a rider is in the pits/retired during a race? Was it a crash, bike problem, rider not feeling well, who knows, so why don't you find out for us viewers Lisa instead of asking utterly mundane, useless questions to team managers like "your riders going well at the moment can he keep up this performance?" Bullshit questions like that add nothing to the broadcast.

There was a rider in the MX2 class (an Aussi I think) who came into the pits (the cameras even showed him parked up and talking to his crew) he got back into the race and may have even finished in the points, but again not a word from Lisa about why the rider had come in.

Just not good enough.
I find her voice really anoying so I just fast forward when she talks.
jemcee
3/25/2019 4:06pm
Sir wrote:
What is the point of having Lisa Leyland as a pitlane reporter? Ferris has to retire from race 2 because of a crash (with a suspected...

Just not good enough.
I was ready to come in and defend her place mainly cause I think she's cute.. but you brought up points that I can't argue with haha..
Yep Ferris went down first turn and got 'pummeled' I don't think the knee is serious..

On his performance though.. I dunno if I'm gonna read too much into it 3 days on the bike (he's been riding his '16 championship bike at home) hasn't seen a gate drop for 6 months and that one was an aussie sx haha.. The crash in the quali stuffed his gate pic.. That enough excuses? haha
I reckon we'll get a better idea these next 2 rounds
3/25/2019 10:45pm
Sir wrote:

Just not good enough.
I'm not defending her but you misunderstand her function. She's a presenter/host, not a reporter.

Post a reply to: Ferris at Matterly Basin

The Latest