Ferrandis vs. Hill

Related:
Create New Tag

11/9/2019 6:51 PM

What do you think of the move?

View Results

|

11/9/2019 6:56 PM

Dylan made a mistake, said he was sorry, and was disappointed he won that way. NBD.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

11/9/2019 7:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2019 7:18 PM

That’s always been Supercross. The only bad part was the hug and handshake. Settle it on the track.

|

11/9/2019 7:05 PM

Hill took it well, imagine this happening to guys like Anderson lol.
But Ferrandis later did genuinely aplogise and state it wasn't his intention for such a hard move, rather it being a result of him overshoothing the triple into the corner.

|

11/9/2019 7:17 PM

Think they'll both be fine. Maybe some Sparks tomorrow though. Be a different story if that happened in the SX series here I think , where points matter. These are just warm up races where these guys can make some extra coin.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

11/9/2019 7:20 PM

Looked bad at first, but the replay made it look much different. Ferrandis definitely came in hot, but he was at least turned before there was any big contact.

|

11/9/2019 7:23 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

Think they'll both be fine. Maybe some Sparks tomorrow though. Be a different story if that happened in the SX series here I think , where points matter. These are just warm up races where these guys can make some extra coin.

True but think of it this way if he got hurt this is a meaningless unlike the series

|

11/9/2019 7:37 PM

APLMAN99 wrote:

Looked bad at first, but the replay made it look much different. Ferrandis definitely came in hot, but he was at least turned before there was any big contact.

Yup, i agree, nothing wrong with that move. Hill got spooked hence him going off the track.

Good on DF for apologizing. Hill and his guys will look at the footage and can only deduct that it was a solid pass without any attention of aggressiveness. Absolutely within the rules of racing.

Here's the twist, had it been Hill running in and DF going off the track...the frenchies in the stands would have eaten Hill for dinner...

|

11/9/2019 7:40 PM

Not a typical move for Ferrandis, and he apologized for it too. I tend to believe he did not intend for it to be as aggressive as it turned out to be, especially since he went our of his way to make amends. Hill seemed ok with Ferrandis' explanation/apology as well. I'd rather it end that way than on the track..if there was no intent.

|

11/9/2019 8:17 PM
Edited Date/Time: 11/9/2019 8:19 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

rob162 wrote:

True but think of it this way if he got hurt this is a meaningless unlike the series

Not entirely meaningless Rob, the seat time in racing conditions, gathering of data, the start money, prize money and vacation can be refreshing for these guys - all positives.

Let me use Mookie for example, he missed a bunch of racing and races like this allow for him to get seat time under racing conditions. These ad-hoc races are beneficial for him and the team, plus he will have the extra $$$ for a fat Christmas turkey.

For the most these races are beneficial for different reasons.

For established front runners like Roczen, Tomac and those guys...meaningless...probably yes.

|

11/9/2019 8:19 PM

Ferrandis OJ'd the triple out and the suspension rebounded, making it nearly impossible to slow down as quickly as he intended. I wouldn't say it was poor judgement, it was just a mistake.

|

11/9/2019 8:25 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

Ferrandis OJ'd the triple out and the suspension rebounded, making it nearly impossible to slow down as quickly as he intended. I wouldn't say it was poor judgement, it was just a mistake.

I was going to say the same thing, he overjumped just a little and it looked like he tried as hard as he could go get it turned at the last second.

No harm no foul, looks like they talked it out and all is well.

|

Make Hillclimb Great Again

Ratbeach Racing

Instagram / YouTube: @485Josh

3dpmoto.com

11/9/2019 8:26 PM

rob162 wrote:

No such thing as a meaningless race.

|

Ed Johnson

11/9/2019 8:51 PM

I’m just glad to see Hill up front of a race. This is promising the dude is awesome. And yes I’d be worried if it was Hill doing that to Die-Lon the bleachers would
Empty into the pits. It would be not good for Hill

|

11/9/2019 8:56 PM

devindavisphoto wrote:

you really think he accidentally oj'd that triple? please, that whole pass was planned out way ahead... obviously. maybe the takeout wasn't, but the rest was.
hill owes him one, apology or not...

|

11/9/2019 8:57 PM

DV’s reaction on camera is the best!

|

11/9/2019 9:00 PM

Always cracks me up how people’s reactions to stuff like this changes depending on the riders involved.

|

11/9/2019 9:03 PM

Hill should have known he was coming, fair enough pass on a tight track, you need to be aware of whos can come up the inside,

|

11/9/2019 9:18 PM

Hate to ask, but is Ferrandis on a 450 ? I know the white plate is for the big bike's, just don't know the rules over there. I would vote Mistake if that was an option, and he looks to be genuinely apologetic.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

11/9/2019 9:20 PM

scott_nz wrote:

Hill should have known he was coming, fair enough pass on a tight track, you need to be aware of whos can come up the inside,

Track looks like a freeway...
|

11/9/2019 9:25 PM

Hill was cool about it...

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

11/9/2019 11:34 PM

I've seen much much worse, but when someone goes flying off the track, it's a bit much. It wasn't dangerous though.

|

11/9/2019 11:39 PM

ledger wrote:

Hate to ask, but is Ferrandis on a 450 ? I know the white plate is for the big bike's, just don't know the rules over there. I would vote Mistake if that was an option, and he looks to be genuinely apologetic.

Yes, he’s on a 450

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hamdaddyof2 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

11/10/2019 4:06 AM

shortcourse wrote:

Track looks like a freeway...

If you were aiming to win the 'dumbest post of the night ' award , i reckon you nailed it.

What do you want them to do, build jumps on the start straight in the 15 seconds they have before they come back up it.?

|

11/10/2019 4:23 AM

The outrage when someone goes down from a Block pass in Sx is almost always puzzling.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11/10/2019 4:58 AM

Reminds me of the Musquin/Tomac incident, but Ferrandis handled it way better with words after.

|

11/10/2019 5:14 AM

More aggressive than I expected here. Most of the guys are in a mode where they want to get some racing and testing in, but they also want to go home safe and start getting ready for the next season.

On one hand, Justin did leave about enough room on the inside to drive a Mack truck through. But DV's reaction kind of said it all.

|

11/10/2019 5:26 AM

devindavisphoto wrote:

This.
That's what Dylan said as well.

|

11/10/2019 6:37 AM

Leave the door open, somebody will shove their way through... It's that simple...

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

11/10/2019 7:57 AM

Looked like a racing incident to me. Nothing malicious or intentional.

|