Ferrandis vs Herlings MXGP of Trentino 2016

Fantastic race this. Ferrandis was on his game that season.

|
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
8/28/2018 9:59am
This was two years ago. Stop living in the past. Irrelevant.
bro your profile picture is what 22 years ago?
8/28/2018 11:00am Edited Date/Time 8/28/2018 11:01am
That was a great race. That was back when I didn't yet subscribe to the MXGP-TV package, and I only saw brief highlights of the first motos. Wow. (Fuck what Mr. Irrelevant said.)

It's hard to pass at Trentino, and both of those guys found their ways through without crashing. Great rides. Back then I thought Ferradis might be another prodigy with exceptional talent; now I just think he's a good rider. Makes me wonder how Prado will progress.

Of course Herlings won the second moto and took the overall.

The Shop

DP#201
8/28/2018 11:10am
Great race, Ferrandis whas hanging it out Woohoo to bad he could only manage 3th in the 2nd moto though Whistling
Aryen
8/28/2018 12:04pm
Ferrandis. Stellar rider. One of very few to beat Herlings straight up when he’s going balls out.
cookies
8/28/2018 12:45pm
Same track where Gajser beat Herlings in his MX2 days, to get his first ever GP win. Hardpack used to be Herlings' achilles heel. He's improved so much in that regard.
WCRider
Fantasy
2287th
8/28/2018 12:46pm
This was two years ago. Stop living in the past. Irrelevant.
crusty_xx wrote:
bro your profile picture is what 22 years ago?
LaughingLaughingLaughing
es337
8/28/2018 1:55pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2018 2:22pm
why do the gps have such greater attendance and support from the fans. No fans in the us that Ive seen bring sick national flags or have mx1 drinking teams. All we have is the old dirty man ronnie mac fingering girls in the pits. Also trentino is beautiful with the mountainside in the background, and comparing that to glen helen...
roninho
8/28/2018 2:05pm
When healthy Ferrandis was the next best rider in mx2 gp's
early
Fantasy
2212th
8/28/2018 2:12pm
es337 wrote:
why do the gps have such greater attendance and support from the fans. No fans in the us that Ive seen bring sick national flags or...
why do the gps have such greater attendance and support from the fans. No fans in the us that Ive seen bring sick national flags or have mx1 drinking teams. All we have is the old dirty man ronnie mac fingering girls in the pits. Also trentino is beautiful with the mountainside in the background, and comparing that to glen helen...
Motorcycle racing in general has more fan support in Europe, there are 5x crowds for motogp, speedwaygp and others compared to the Austin MotoGP or American dirt track.

Trentino is beautiful no doubt, but if there was a National track in the foothills of east side of the Sierra's near Mammoth that would look really impressive too.
ayearinmx
8/28/2018 5:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2018 5:12pm
es337 wrote:
why do the gps have such greater attendance and support from the fans. No fans in the us that Ive seen bring sick national flags or...
The way i always put it is this:
When 5 American fans go to the track, one guy supports Tomac, one likes Roczen, one likes Anderson, one for Webb and i guess one likes Musquin (although i cant keep up if he is hated or liked right now)...
If 5 Slovenian guys go to the track, all 5 support Gajser. If 5 French go, they may support different French riders... But they want a Frenchman doing well. 5 Dutch support Herlings etc etc

Now spread that across a GP/Nationals crowd and you get one partizan one and one diverse one.
drt410
8/28/2018 7:34pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2018 7:35pm
es337 wrote:
Lol so are the people who are Irish supposed to randomly wave an Irish glag... wtf. The GPs go to different countries, with riders from different countries... Although you sometimes will see a French flag for Musquin like at Southwick its not as diverse a crowd or among the racers.. for obvious reasons. Would you like to see 10,000 American flags and people rooting for Americans? Theres already plenty of that.
TDeath21
8/28/2018 7:58pm
Is this post trying to make us believe that Ferrandis and Herlings are equal? I can pull up a race where Bogle laid wood to the likes of Tomac, Musquin, and other top pros. Bogle better than all of them? Herlings is the best rider in the world at the moment and I wish more US fans would just pony up and admit it.
8/28/2018 8:13pm Edited Date/Time 8/28/2018 8:13pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Is this post trying to make us believe that Ferrandis and Herlings are equal? I can pull up a race where Bogle laid wood to the...
Is this post trying to make us believe that Ferrandis and Herlings are equal? I can pull up a race where Bogle laid wood to the likes of Tomac, Musquin, and other top pros. Bogle better than all of them? Herlings is the best rider in the world at the moment and I wish more US fans would just pony up and admit it.
I don't think that was the purpose of this particular post at all. I think it was just showing that -- on one freakish day -- a good rider can have a great ride. And that was some great racing by both parties.

You'd have to be insanely ignorant to think Ferrandis is in Herlings' class. But, hey, I know what you mean: There's a contingent of people here who still convince themselves that Cooper Webb is better than Herlings because of one moto two years ago. Oh wait, Jason Anderson is better than Herlings too. These douches exist, so point taken.

TDeath21
8/28/2018 8:22pm
TDeath21 wrote:
Is this post trying to make us believe that Ferrandis and Herlings are equal? I can pull up a race where Bogle laid wood to the...
I don't think that was the purpose of this particular post at all. I think it was just showing that -- on one freakish day --...
I don't think that was the purpose of this particular post at all. I think it was just showing that -- on one freakish day -- a good rider can have a great ride. And that was some great racing by both parties.

You'd have to be insanely ignorant to think Ferrandis is in Herlings' class. But, hey, I know what you mean: There's a contingent of people here who still convince themselves that Cooper Webb is better than Herlings because of one moto two years ago. Oh wait, Jason Anderson is better than Herlings too. These douches exist, so point taken.

It was posted immediately after Plessinger said that Herlings was the only threat from the GPs and Ferrandis was battling with him. This statement implied that Ferrandis is equal to Herlings and then this video was posted. So I put two and two together.
TDeath21
8/28/2018 8:24pm
Pure speed yes Tomac is there. Problem is those first five laps and the start. Herlings gets good starts and gets out front to check out. Tomac doesn't and if he waits too long to move through the pack if he gets a bad start, Herlings will be gone. He won't be able to do those late race charges against Herlings. Wouldn't be able to against a healthy Roczen either. I think Tomac will come into Red Bud with a different mindset though and won't wait around. We should see some great racing. I'm just worried about the AMA guys having that huge layoff affecting them.
Taddy
Fantasy
4119th
8/28/2018 11:27pm
great race!
and i own that Ferrandis bike KissingCool
8/29/2018 12:11am
Aryen wrote:
Ferrandis. Stellar rider. One of very few to beat Herlings straight up when he’s going balls out.
Funny, they always come up with this battle in Italy, where Herlings won race 2 and the GP. But I never read anything about Herlings beating Ferrandis straight up 15 of the 16 heats they raced each other that year?

Ferrandis was never and will never be on the level Herlings is, forget about that.
St Ann More
8/29/2018 10:55am
TDeath21 wrote:
I don't think that was the purpose of this particular post at all. I think it was just showing that -- on one freakish day --...

TDeath21 wrote:
It was posted immediately after Plessinger said that Herlings was the only threat from the GPs and Ferrandis was battling with him. This statement implied that...
It was posted immediately after Plessinger said that Herlings was the only threat from the GPs and Ferrandis was battling with him. This statement implied that Ferrandis is equal to Herlings and then this video was posted. So I put two and two together.
Plessinger has a chance, it's just a small one!

Herlings vs Ferrandis - 112 GP motos, Herlings has beaten Ferrandis in 106 of them.

Post a reply to: Ferrandis vs Herlings MXGP of Trentino 2016

The Latest