Ferrandis thread

Related:
Create New Tag

1/19/2020 2:37 AM

Watching both i've got more of an issue with the attempted pass on Jett. He didn't really have either pass made, and there should be a little onus or understanding of what the other rider is doing.

Jet coulda really been fucked up. Block passing over a triple face isn't awesome, especially if you don't have the move made.

Not dirty, but really dumb on both counts.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/19/2020 2:53 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2020 2:54 AM

Wasn’t a great move by Ferrandis and a little over optimistic to say the least. But to me Craig has to be more aware of what’s around him as well. You can’t just leave the door open like that and expect someone like Ferrandis not to have a go

|

1/19/2020 2:57 AM

This is a weekly happening n NASCAR and penalties are rarely handed out and it works pretty well . They allow the drivers to work it out (meaning next race Craig puts Dylan on his ass) It’s up to CC to dish out the penalty

|

1/19/2020 2:58 AM

I like Dylan a ton. I wanted him to win the title last yr and I want him to win it again this yr, but honestly that attempted pass (let's be generous) was way too much, regardless of intent... At best it was terrible judgement - which of course happens with all of us sometimes, but I can understand Craig being pissed. There's literally nothing Craig can do at that point, he's well past the apex and accelerating hard - ALL the riders understand that you can't cut across/into a rider at that point. Pro amateur, anything in between, we all understand. Same for the attempted pass on Jett (though as above arguably worse) - Jett is well past the apex and committed at that point. He's totally relying on the good etiquette of his competitor.

|

1/19/2020 3:02 AM

Motocross83 wrote:

I like Dylan a ton. I wanted him to win the title last yr and I want him to win it again this yr, but honestly that attempted pass (let's be generous) was way too much, regardless of intent... At best it was terrible judgement - which of course happens with all of us sometimes, but I can understand Craig being pissed. There's literally nothing Craig can do at that point, he's well past the apex and accelerating hard - ALL the riders understand that you can't cut across/into a rider at that point. Pro amateur, anything in between, we all understand. Same for the attempted pass on Jett (though as above arguably worse) - Jett is well past the apex and committed at that point. He's totally relying on the good etiquette of his competitor.

I agree with what you’re saying. But when you have someone so close to you, especially on the last lap like Lawrence did, why put yourself in a situation where you are relying on the good etiquette of your competitor? The crash was Ferrandis’ fault no doubt, but Craig literally couldn’t leave the door more open if he’d tried

|

1/19/2020 3:04 AM

ferrandis apologizing at 5:00
|

1/19/2020 3:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2020 3:08 AM

"He didn't see or hear me". Great apology laughing Dude was way behind and came in with way too much speed.

|

1/19/2020 3:08 AM

Taking out a back wheel on a fast exit is always shithouse. Craig flew big time... it was NO block pass. It was a full jail house rapin

|

1/19/2020 3:10 AM

KennyT wrote:

This is a weekly happening n NASCAR and penalties are rarely handed out and it works pretty well . They allow the drivers to work it out (meaning next race Craig puts Dylan on his ass) It’s up to CC to dish out the penalty

Sounds like a fast way to get a lot of injuries.

|

1/19/2020 3:15 AM

Isn't supercross dangerous enough without riders using each other as berms?

|

I no longer regret my username.

1/19/2020 3:37 AM

Mr. Afterbar wrote:

Not true. Eli would never ride like that so we will never know.

lostboy819 wrote:

You must be new to the sport,what about this one ?

CPR wrote:

Yup pretty similar actually. Did Tomac get booed that night?

Context is key, Dean was playing with fire and was burned. He was messing with Eli quite a bit before this happened.

|

1/19/2020 3:44 AM

I was so pisssst off with Ferrandis. After that move on Craig he should of gotten a black flag and shouldn’t have been left in a position to race for a win!
If rider safety is a priority why would you allow a rider on the track who would take such a blatant cheap shot at another competitor? (Intentional or not)
I get that riders come together at times but that move was something else, it wasn’t well thought out at all and risked rider safety. If Craig’s race was over as a result then the person responsible should have been pulled as well.

He stalked Lawrence and I knew exactly what was going to happen. Jett followed the narrative of 99% of all rookie riders leading main events late.

I wish he just took a breath and settled for 2nd. He crashed The first time and then almost crashed 100 other times... just mail it in kid and try again next week, no stress. (I get that it’s not easy to do especially being a 16yo, but these scenarios should of been run through with him- ie if the past champ has caught you on last lap and passed you, do not bonzai through the most treacherous whoop section 1 corner before finish whilst in a podium position in your 3rd professional SX)

Heal up mate, can’t wait to see you back out there!

|

1/19/2020 3:48 AM

Paul333 wrote:

Carmichael doesn’t do these situations any favors being the T.V. commentator. He always condones dirty riding. As in 100% of time UNLESS a rider on his team is the victim. Otherwise it’s 100% fine.

Maybe because he rode like an ass? Getting away with it because nobody in charge had the balls to call him out?

CPR wrote:

Or maybe because once upon a time it was just a part of racing.....

Trust me I don’t buy this crap for a second. It’s internet tough guy horseshit.

Probably don’t race.

Go to your local track, then clearly take out two friends/teammates/whatever...

See what happens..

|

1/19/2020 3:57 AM

aFACEdismembered wrote:

Poorly timed but racing incident. Tuff Blok made it more violent looking. Osborne won a championship with worse. Change my mind.

This. All fucking day long.

Was a result of Craig leaving the door wide open, and Dylan committing to the pass on the other side of the finish jump.

If the track didn't have the berm , nobody crashed there all night. Racing incident. Hard racing incident, but hey , its why we got to watch, right.

If that isn't the race of the season , I will be amazed.

|

1/19/2020 4:02 AM

His pass was more of a dipsh*t move than a take out. Get it out of your system in the 250 class. Was more ill timed than anything but he wants the Gold so what can you say.

|

1/19/2020 4:05 AM

Dylan 'Topedo' Ferrandis

|

1/19/2020 4:14 AM

Rough move by Ferrandis but the amount of comments on social media telling him to "go home", "French fries" and other derogative by grown men.

Get a grip.

|

1/19/2020 4:15 AM

Park Boys wrote:

Context is key, Dean was playing with fire and was burned. He was messing with Eli quite a bit before this happened.

I'd also say that pass was fucking telegraphed it was coming. It's a 180 berm, you know he's there, you've just tapped him and you go wide. Deano knew that Eli was likely gonna pass and rightfully so, the opportunity was on.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1/19/2020 4:16 AM

It's all about who it is. If Webb did this to Musquin you'd all be voting him Man of the Year.

|

1/19/2020 4:17 AM

Dirtydeeds wrote:

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Looks like Seely is still butthurt.

xrmark wrote:

I mean frenchy isn’t making it look too good lol

How many titles or wins did Seely lock down with the no.14?

|

1/19/2020 4:19 AM

The universe always settles the score.

|

1/19/2020 4:20 AM

I have a feeling that Christian will be doing a little payback. If he gets another lead and Ferrandis catches him, I hope he fights fire with fire. Dude is so good on a bike, he can

|

1/19/2020 4:23 AM

Crush wrote:

I don't think it was the dirtiest pass I've seen, but it was dumb. Like the Alessi/Tickle one dumb.

He would have made it soon pretty easily and if you both go down it's probably not the best move. Didn't love his hit on Jett either, again, unnecessary.

That's it, it was just a dumb pass and way to early in the race to take a risk that big.

Final lap or in the last couple of laps you can understand, certainly not the dirtiest move ever a long way from it, just one of the dumbest when you consider he was easily quickest on track and it was early in the race and all his title competitors where behind him.

He went down and lost about the same amount of time Jett did with his bobble late in the race, if he settles passes Craig one or two corners later he still probably catches Jett late in the race and still wins without the drama.

I know easy to say from the couch watching and we are not in his position making that decision in that moment, but we all seen it coming, as soon as he landed he just dive bombed from the inside from a long way out.

But it is done now, DF has s couple more riders on the track that won't care if they have to slam him to make a pass, and that could prove to be pivotal down the stretch when he is trying to reel in the final points to Cooper and Forkner for the title.

|

1/19/2020 4:27 AM

M-M wrote:

Rough move by Ferrandis but the amount of comments on social media telling him to "go home", "French fries" and other derogative by grown men.

Get a grip.

And people hating on his girlfriends instagram too. They were even comments that said that she should be "raped" by craig and lawrence after the race. People are disgusting.

|

1/19/2020 4:36 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

Looks like Seely is still butthurt.

xrmark wrote:

St Ann More wrote:

He was the Craig of his time, getting punted out of the way by guys winning titles

|

1/19/2020 4:47 AM

if AC would have made same move on Webb he would be cheered for ... double standards

|

1/19/2020 4:52 AM

Mugeneco wrote:

if AC would have made same move on Webb he would be cheered for ... double standards

Not really. AC doesn't have a hiostory of riding dirty and/or tough against others. Riders like Webb,Osborne, Barcia, Ferrandis has. Sometimes it happens, when it's repeating people often start to have a problem with it

|

1/19/2020 4:54 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2020 4:55 AM

Mugeneco wrote:

Prntscrn wrote:

Not really. AC doesn't have a hiostory of riding dirty and/or tough against others. Riders like Webb,Osborne, Barcia, Ferrandis has. Sometimes it happens, when it's repeating people often start to have a problem with it

lets try this one ...Tomac on Webb .... here you go , you think Tomac would get boo'd ??

|

1/19/2020 5:02 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2020 5:04 AM

xrmark wrote:

St Ann More wrote:

RG1 wrote:

He was the Craig of his time, getting punted out of the way by guys winning titles

Exactly! He was Anderson's bitch, time and time again!

Dylan achieved what Seely couldn't in the 250 class, he'll probably be more successful in the 450 class too.

Get out of town with the my number bullshit, Cole. You gave it up, as others before you, just like Dylan will down the line.

|

1/19/2020 5:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/19/2020 5:06 AM

Mugeneco wrote:

Prntscrn wrote:

Mugeneco wrote:

lets try this one ...Tomac on Webb .... here you go , you think Tomac would get boo'd ??

You gonna have to remind me of where and when. Also I don't understand I said if it's a one time thing people rarely have a big problem, because shit happens. But when it's a reoccurring theme people generally starts to have problems with it.

And no I don't think Tomac would get boo'd. Foreigners, specially French for sure gets a harder time.

|