Ferrandis said post race

drt410
“Im glad 2 French riders won today and I hope it can inspire kids back home to come to the US to race Supercross, its the best championship in the world, I gave up everything in Europe to come here because I just love it too much and its unique, thats why Im here”.

|
kb228
3/25/2019 3:16am
I agree. SX has historically attracted top riders from all over the world for years and is the biggest focus of the OEMs.
keinz
3/25/2019 4:30am
Is there any doubt it’s the best SX championship in the world?
Compared to what championship?Smile

The Shop

ATKpilot99
3/25/2019 4:45am
Is there any doubt it’s the best SX championship in the world?
Well the 250 regional sx championship is certainly not the best one.Wink
teamddr
3/25/2019 4:47am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 4:48am
What else is he going to say, I came over here because I cant hack it eating Herlings roost (for the first lap) for the next ten years,
Good rider but world champ material he isn’t.
Cortami79
3/25/2019 4:53am
teamddr wrote:
What else is he going to say, I came over here because I cant hack it eating Herlings roost (for the first lap) for the next...
What else is he going to say, I came over here because I cant hack it eating Herlings roost (for the first lap) for the next ten years,
Well he is of World Champion calibre if he can compete an entire season healthy. He had some major injuries in the GP's. Hopefully he can keep it on two wheels this season.

crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
3/25/2019 5:12am
He never liked the GPs, even before he even went to the states and knew what it would be like he said that.
Good for him that he doesn't regret it. Hopefully he stays healthy this season and probably next year we see him in 450.
ATKpilot99
3/25/2019 5:40am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 5:40am
crusty_xx wrote:
He never liked the GPs, even before he even went to the states and knew what it would be like he said that. Good for him...
He never liked the GPs, even before he even went to the states and knew what it would be like he said that.
Good for him that he doesn't regret it. Hopefully he stays healthy this season and probably next year we see him in 450.
You think so ? Tips me off as a career 250 guy . Not sure if he's close to pointing out of 250 sx yet.
TheLsho
Fantasy
821st
3/25/2019 9:17am
teamddr wrote:
What else is he going to say, I came over here because I cant hack it eating Herlings roost (for the first lap) for the next...
Beat Herlings straight up in his last year racing GPs. What more do you want?
3/25/2019 9:29am
Herlings just took his shirt off, then was told to put it back on! Lol
3/25/2019 9:34am
teamddr wrote:
Sure would be a pretty boring race if everyone who can't beat Herlings didn't bother showing up. Defend the precious series however you must.
Ray_MXS
3/25/2019 9:37am
Well it is the WORLD SUPERCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP so yeah, it's the best sx series on the planet. It's not even comparable to anything else.
Are people again trying to make a US>MXGP thing about this?
When he's saying "the best championship in the world" we should probably assume he's talking about the discipline he's competing in and not comparing it to something else. Apples and oranges and all that jazz
Question
3/25/2019 10:14am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 10:15am
teamddr wrote:
Maybe true, maybe B.S., and disrespecful for sure because you have no clue about the french mx culture who for instance train in sx from the 65 and 85 categories, but 1 thing to consider is he wasn't on a ktm/husky in the GPs.

Example, when is the last time Kawi won a world championship title ? 2006, with CP. Other example, I don't know if you watched the race yesterday, but you may have seen how much Jacobi had to push to keep up with Olsen.

Since more than 10 years, the manufacturers are taking titles mainly when the leading KTM/Husky rider is injured or is injured at some point before or during the season.

It is not like that in the US yet, it is still pretty balanced, but we see their big effort, for instance by having sometimes like 5 ktm/husky riders in the top 10, and as I predicted it would be full of orange/white in the 85 class, which is now the case, I also think there is a good probability that they will be as dominant within 5 or 10 years in the US.
mx_563
3/25/2019 11:04am
Beaudzz118 wrote:
Herlings just took his shirt off, then was told to put it back on! Lol
Laughing
drt410
3/25/2019 11:17am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 11:17am
Why every thread turns into a Herlings thread....

Tomac vs Herlings is next..
3/25/2019 11:48am Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 12:02pm
drt410 wrote:
Why every thread turns into a Herlings thread....

Tomac vs Herlings is next..
The US/Tomac hate force has been out in full effect since MXdN. Unfortunately they can't contain themselves so it spills over into threads that have nothing to do with it.

Edit: I also can't deny that there is a decent chunk of people who dislike Herlings/MXGP, and they tend to be just as obnoxious.
roninho
3/25/2019 12:17pm
teamddr wrote:
Cortami79 wrote:
Well he is of World Champion calibre if he can compete an entire season healthy. He had some major injuries in the GP's. Hopefully he can...
Well he is of World Champion calibre if he can compete an entire season healthy. He had some major injuries in the GP's. Hopefully he can keep it on two wheels this season.

Yeah a healthy Ferrandis would be a championship contender in MX2 right now. Good for him that he wants to be in the US and is winning. With so many French guys doing good in GP's it isnt hurting the French presence in GP's that much anyway so not an issue from that perspective.
3/25/2019 2:07pm
teamddr wrote:
Question wrote:
Maybe true, maybe B.S., and disrespecful for sure because you have no clue about the french mx culture who for instance train in sx from the...
Maybe true, maybe B.S., and disrespecful for sure because you have no clue about the french mx culture who for instance train in sx from the 65 and 85 categories, but 1 thing to consider is he wasn't on a ktm/husky in the GPs.

Example, when is the last time Kawi won a world championship title ? 2006, with CP. Other example, I don't know if you watched the race yesterday, but you may have seen how much Jacobi had to push to keep up with Olsen.

Since more than 10 years, the manufacturers are taking titles mainly when the leading KTM/Husky rider is injured or is injured at some point before or during the season.

It is not like that in the US yet, it is still pretty balanced, but we see their big effort, for instance by having sometimes like 5 ktm/husky riders in the top 10, and as I predicted it would be full of orange/white in the 85 class, which is now the case, I also think there is a good probability that they will be as dominant within 5 or 10 years in the US.
Maybe Jacobi had to push that hard because Olsen is a better rider, not because he's on a husky.
3/25/2019 2:15pm
roninho wrote:
Yeah a healthy Ferrandis would be a championship contender in MX2 right now. Good for him that he wants to be in the US and is...
Yeah a healthy Ferrandis would be a championship contender in MX2 right now. Good for him that he wants to be in the US and is winning. With so many French guys doing good in GP's it isnt hurting the French presence in GP's that much anyway so not an issue from that perspective.
aged out ... so he wouldnt be
crf250pilot
3/25/2019 2:57pm
crusty_xx wrote:
He never liked the GPs, even before he even went to the states and knew what it would be like he said that. Good for him...
ATKpilot99 wrote:
You think so ? Tips me off as a career 250 guy . Not sure if he's close to pointing out of 250 sx yet.
Well we are going to need a Martin Davalos replacement in the next 5 to 10 years or so.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
3/25/2019 3:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 3:09pm
crusty_xx wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Afaik he wanted to make the move to 450 this year already but didn't because of his 2018. Had he won SX and/or MX last season he would maybe be on a 450 already.

edit: actually I believe he has a contract with Star Yamaha through 2020... So, I'm not that sure anymore...
Nuffsaid
3/25/2019 3:28pm
He made a good choice, Being up in the top circle of SX as opposed to a mid pack also ran in MX1.
crowe176
3/25/2019 3:40pm
Is he making more money racing a regional SX series than he would be contending a MX2 world championship?
3/25/2019 3:46pm
crusty_xx wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Ferrandis is also a decent rider on a 450. You should watch last years Paris SX.
Question
3/25/2019 4:02pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2019 4:03pm
crusty_xx wrote:
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Ferrandis is also a decent rider on a 450. You should watch last years Paris SX.
True, he was on par with the leaders which impressed me a lot.

I was a bit bummed he didn't get the call this year to get his feet wet in the 450 class.

So maybe a good move, a good invest, would be to have a 450 ready in the Star truck to get more experience and prove he can be "450 material" to the teams to get signed or fill in later on.

I think it was a great strategy back in the days to do both coasts, I know it worked for McGrath and Emig !

Post a reply to: Ferrandis said post race

The Latest