Ferrandis penalty

hippie
1/19/2020 2:53pm
No one would care if this pass was for 10th. Dylan was the quickest dude in the class last night whether the haters want to accept it or not. There’s been plenty worse in the past. Racing incident, line back up next weekend.
KYFHO699
1/19/2020 3:01pm
Motodave15 wrote:
Still a fan of ferrandis.... And winnings winning!! And the reason craig got spit off so hard was because of rear wheel to rear wheel contact.
LOL.... Granny shifting, not double clutching like you should.
dingo94
1/19/2020 6:49pm
deluxeman wrote:
Ferrandis is a punk. The move was really unnecessary, he had the speed to get him without destroying him. Craig is very lucky to escape without...
Ferrandis is a punk. The move was really unnecessary, he had the speed to get him without destroying him. Craig is very lucky to escape without a big injury. I hope Dylan gets a really good payback for this one, Craig owes him a huge T-bone for this.
MudPup545 wrote:
Detroit 2017 qualifiers.
Take a look at Craig’s move on Martin.
After watching it answer me this, is Craig a punk?
Bingo
Ranman68
1/20/2020 8:13am
Ranman68 wrote:
I think Ferrandis did get overly aggressive and reckless, so the punishment is valid. I dont think what he did was unforgivable or rare by any...
I think Ferrandis did get overly aggressive and reckless, so the punishment is valid. I dont think what he did was unforgivable or rare by any stretch. In my opinion, Ferrandis just needs to realize that sometimes it's better to own it and give a sincere apology.....or at least make it look sincere. Just stop trying to make it ok or "not his fault". If he can do that, the fans will forgive and forget. If he doesnt do that, he's gonna catch more hell for longer. Some compare this to the incident between Osborn and Savatgy, but that isn't valid. This wasnt the final lap in the final race , and it wasnt for the title. Additionally, there was the incident with Jett Lawrence. It wasnt malicious, but one incident was over the top aggressive and the other incident was right after that (which makes it seem worse), and involving Jett Lawrence (who was a 16 year old kid who had just won everybody's heart). It was just bad all around. Not fully owning it and not apologizing was the wrong way to handle it if you dont want to get boo'd. That's just my opinion on this thing.
APLMAN99 wrote:
What incident with Jett are you talking about? He didn't do anything to Lawrence, in fact Lawrence attempted to rub Ferrandis a little bit it just...
What incident with Jett are you talking about? He didn't do anything to Lawrence, in fact Lawrence attempted to rub Ferrandis a little bit it just didn't work that well.

Yeah you're right about that. My error on the part with Lawrence.

The Shop

TDeath21
1/20/2020 10:48am
TDeath21 wrote:
Thank you! Proves my statement perfectly.
Hardly....Zacho made the turn and rode away from it. When you see the head on shot, you can see Zacho's front wheel hit the rut. He...
Hardly....Zacho made the turn and rode away from it. When you see the head on shot, you can see Zacho's front wheel hit the rut. He had that turn made regardless whether Savatgy was there or not. The only reason Savatgy hit the deck is that his handlebars caught on Zacho's bike. Zach basically pulled Savatgys' bike out from under him
He made the turn because he pinned it into Savatgy, displacing him completely from the rut and placing himself there instead. He catches the rut because his momentum was stopped considerably when he smashes into Savatgy and the force is transferred to Savatgy so he flies up out of the rut and crashes. This isn’t rocket science. Without Savatgy there to slow Osborne considerably, he doesn’t catch that rut and ride away. As I said before it’s for a championship so it’s whatever but don’t try to say he was making that turn without Joey there.
davistld01
1/20/2020 10:53am
TDeath21 wrote:
Thank you! Proves my statement perfectly.
Hardly....Zacho made the turn and rode away from it. When you see the head on shot, you can see Zacho's front wheel hit the rut. He...
Hardly....Zacho made the turn and rode away from it. When you see the head on shot, you can see Zacho's front wheel hit the rut. He had that turn made regardless whether Savatgy was there or not. The only reason Savatgy hit the deck is that his handlebars caught on Zacho's bike. Zach basically pulled Savatgys' bike out from under him
TDeath21 wrote:
He made the turn because he pinned it into Savatgy, displacing him completely from the rut and placing himself there instead. He catches the rut because...
He made the turn because he pinned it into Savatgy, displacing him completely from the rut and placing himself there instead. He catches the rut because his momentum was stopped considerably when he smashes into Savatgy and the force is transferred to Savatgy so he flies up out of the rut and crashes. This isn’t rocket science. Without Savatgy there to slow Osborne considerably, he doesn’t catch that rut and ride away. As I said before it’s for a championship so it’s whatever but don’t try to say he was making that turn without Joey there.
That move used to be called using someone for traction back in the 90's.
TDeath21
1/20/2020 11:50am
TDeath21 wrote:
He made the turn because he pinned it into Savatgy, displacing him completely from the rut and placing himself there instead. He catches the rut because...
davistld01 wrote:
That move used to be called using someone for traction back in the 90's.
I don’t disagree. Just saying it’s silly to claim he was making that turn lol
1/22/2020 9:21am
This is all about AMA politics...officials were ready to call it a day....they would have never met to discuss a penalty without the reaction of the fans during Ferrandis interview. Ive seen less agressive incidents in the past get docked points, positions, fines, etc. I bet it would be a different story all together if craig was wheeled away in a stretcher. Just because it seems he walked away fine from the incident they come out with this lame "probation" penalty. One guy gets a DNF and Ferrandis keeps his first place...ridiculous.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/22/2020 10:37am
This is all about AMA politics...officials were ready to call it a day....they would have never met to discuss a penalty without the reaction of the...
This is all about AMA politics...officials were ready to call it a day....they would have never met to discuss a penalty without the reaction of the fans during Ferrandis interview. Ive seen less agressive incidents in the past get docked points, positions, fines, etc. I bet it would be a different story all together if craig was wheeled away in a stretcher. Just because it seems he walked away fine from the incident they come out with this lame "probation" penalty. One guy gets a DNF and Ferrandis keeps his first place...ridiculous.
Really? If you’re going to present stuff like this as fact, I’m guessing you have some evidence to back it up?
Momus
1/22/2020 11:15am
hippie wrote:
No one would care if this pass was for 10th. Dylan was the quickest dude in the class last night whether the haters want to accept...
No one would care if this pass was for 10th. Dylan was the quickest dude in the class last night whether the haters want to accept it or not. There’s been plenty worse in the past. Racing incident, line back up next weekend.
DF won the race, yes. Lawrence had a faster average lap time and set the fastest race lap- only behind the #3, #4 and #94 in the 450 class for fastest out right.

Lawrence also convincingly smoked Ferrandis in the heat.
Momus
1/22/2020 11:20am
This is all about AMA politics...officials were ready to call it a day....they would have never met to discuss a penalty without the reaction of the...
Lol.

Ferrandis was in front -sliding it must be noted- when contact was made and Craig literally rode over the top of his bike because he was heemed in by the rut/berm side.

Just as much fault with CC for not rolling off for a charging rider he would have heard and seen.
kiwifan
1/22/2020 1:50pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2020 3:26pm
Momus wrote:
Lol. Ferrandis was in front -sliding it must be noted- when contact was made and Craig literally rode over the top of his bike because he...
Lol.

Ferrandis was in front -sliding it must be noted- when contact was made and Craig literally rode over the top of his bike because he was heemed in by the rut/berm side.

Just as much fault with CC for not rolling off for a charging rider he would have heard and seen.
Good point, CC should of remembered to cut out holes in his helmet to be able to see what DF was going to do before he hit him, and fire his Psychic as he/she should of warned him it was going to happen....silly silly CC, all your fault CC
1/22/2020 2:07pm
robkinuk wrote:
So Ferrandis is now public enemy No 1, yet when Zac Osbourne took out Savatgy in Vegas for the title, it's all okay?????
So when Fernandis did the same to Hill in Paris and it obviously hurt and the other times I have seen mentioned in a career that includes a number of riders he rode through in GPs should all be brushed aside because some other rider did it once. Having seen Fernandis a lot in his GP career he is what I call a serial offender. He is no angel.
a22
1/22/2020 4:13pm
Undecided if it was dirty or not- its racing I guess and they are giving it their all.

Ferrandis has however had loads of bangs and scrapes throughout this series especially at the starts and somehow always seems to stay upright somehow, whilst others who have been involved have fell. He has been lucky to stay upright in these scrapes.
APLMAN99
1/22/2020 5:48pm
hippie wrote:
No one would care if this pass was for 10th. Dylan was the quickest dude in the class last night whether the haters want to accept...
Momus wrote:
DF won the race, yes. Lawrence had a faster average lap time and set the fastest race lap- only behind the #3, #4 and #94 in...
DF won the race, yes. Lawrence had a faster average lap time and set the fastest race lap- only behind the #3, #4 and #94 in the 450 class for fastest out right.

Lawrence also convincingly smoked Ferrandis in the heat.
The faster average lap time has already been disproven.....
tp4
1/22/2020 6:11pm
in Hine site..it would be best if Dylan left his bike and gone pickup Craigs...then got going ..he was rolling he even ran it up on Jett...just racing hard.
1/22/2020 6:39pm
Its supposed to be racing, not rollerball. If your faster make the pass without t-boning your opponent and taking him out. Cheap dirty move. Really makes Yamaha look bad for employing him.
VRR7
1/22/2020 7:21pm
Ranman68 wrote:
I think Ferrandis did get overly aggressive and reckless, so the punishment is valid. I dont think what he did was unforgivable or rare by any...
I think Ferrandis did get overly aggressive and reckless, so the punishment is valid. I dont think what he did was unforgivable or rare by any stretch. In my opinion, Ferrandis just needs to realize that sometimes it's better to own it and give a sincere apology.....or at least make it look sincere. Just stop trying to make it ok or "not his fault". If he can do that, the fans will forgive and forget. If he doesnt do that, he's gonna catch more hell for longer. Some compare this to the incident between Osborn and Savatgy, but that isn't valid. This wasnt the final lap in the final race , and it wasnt for the title. Additionally, there was the incident with Jett Lawrence. It wasnt malicious, but one incident was over the top aggressive and the other incident was right after that (which makes it seem worse), and involving Jett Lawrence (who was a 16 year old kid who had just won everybody's heart). It was just bad all around. Not fully owning it and not apologizing was the wrong way to handle it if you dont want to get boo'd. That's just my opinion on this thing.
APLMAN99 wrote:
What incident with Jett are you talking about? He didn't do anything to Lawrence, in fact Lawrence attempted to rub Ferrandis a little bit it just...
What incident with Jett are you talking about? He didn't do anything to Lawrence, in fact Lawrence attempted to rub Ferrandis a little bit it just didn't work that well.

Ranman68 wrote:
Yeah you're right about that. My error on the part with Lawrence.
He tried to block pass Jett on the face of a triple ! Jett cased that jump but it could have been much worse. Who does that ??? POS. Who here wants to ride with any body that would attempt a cross over block maneuver on the face of any big jump ! Right I am sure you would all like that career ending option increased ten fold by introducing that as a legit move.
jdj727
1/22/2020 7:27pm
I’m not a fan of the pass.. but anyone remember Bradshaw/Bayle 1990 colosseum race..
Momus
1/22/2020 8:06pm Edited Date/Time 1/22/2020 8:11pm
APLMAN99 wrote:
How has it been disproven?

Even when you remove Ferrandis' crash lap time from the total Lawrence's average is still faster.
Momus
1/22/2020 8:09pm
Its supposed to be racing, not rollerball. If your faster make the pass without t-boning your opponent and taking him out. Cheap dirty move. Really makes...
Its supposed to be racing, not rollerball. If your faster make the pass without t-boning your opponent and taking him out. Cheap dirty move. Really makes Yamaha look bad for employing him.
Ferrandis was ahead of Craig when they made contact: no T bone. Craig was as much at fault.

Here is a black flag worthy touch up:

https://youtu.be/7NxE5Sm8u8Y
APLMAN99
1/23/2020 5:20am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Momus wrote:
How has it been disproven?

Even when you remove Ferrandis' crash lap time from the total Lawrence's average is still faster.
The averages were shown to you to be wrong, yet you keep parroting that falsehood.

The kid is blazing fast, there is no need to repeat a shown falsehood in order to try to pad that. If you want to alter the data, you could just as easily say that Jett's 18th lap is still running...…

Cool

Post a reply to: Ferrandis penalty

The Latest