Ferrandis on a new team, new bike.

Related:
Create New Tag

10/12/2020 4:07 PM

Interview with racer x says new team, new bike.

For sure not riding for star on a 450?

|

10/12/2020 4:21 PM

Star 450 program = new team
YZ450f = new bike
450 class = new championship

|

10/12/2020 4:23 PM

Turtle soup tonight. Oh!

|

10/12/2020 4:27 PM

Am I the only one that wanted to see him on an Austrian bike of some sort?

|

10/12/2020 4:36 PM

T-Fish wrote:

I'm a bit more curious to see how someone like Ferrandis, with smooth but aggressive style, does on the Yamaha 450. There's so much internet chatter around the bike or the team being an issue. I don't know that I buy into any of it, but I'm interested to see how much of that could be debunked based on how he and Star perform over the next 1-2 years on that platform.

|

10/12/2020 4:43 PM

T-Fish wrote:

JohnMatrix wrote:

I'm a bit more curious to see how someone like Ferrandis, with smooth but aggressive style, does on the Yamaha 450. There's so much internet chatter around the bike or the team being an issue. I don't know that I buy into any of it, but I'm interested to see how much of that could be debunked based on how he and Star perform over the next 1-2 years on that platform.

I was just listening to Matthes interview Tickle. Matthes asked about more power making the Yamahahaha worse, and Tickle confirmed that seems to be the deal.

|

10/12/2020 5:22 PM

Only time will tell I guess to see if the Yz450 with a different team can be turned into a champ contender. I dont think Ferrandis will set the world on fire and win like how a lot of people thought Coop's first year on the 450 was going to be.

|

2019 CRF250R
"Suck less, get better"

10/12/2020 5:26 PM

I think Ferrandis will do really well on the 450. He rides with a lot of body language, and when I think of similar riders—Herlings, Cianciarulo, Tomac—they're all well-suited to the 450. I guess the Yamaha is the only question.

|

10/12/2020 6:13 PM

Ferrandis will do great, just like AC and Sexton have been great on the 450. Ferrandis can and will win a race on the 450 I think.

|

10/12/2020 6:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2020 6:32 PM

Although it's probably the most likely, I'm hoping he doesn't end up wasting the first 2 years of his 450 career on a blue pig.

And I say this with 2 Yamahas in my shed.

|

10/12/2020 8:36 PM

If he rides yamaha it is good that Villopoto is testing for them. I think Ferrandis and Villo have similar riding styles.

|

10/12/2020 8:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/12/2020 8:46 PM

Hopefully what Barcia has found recently transfers to Ferrandis.

|

2019 TX300
'10 200 XC-w

10/13/2020 6:19 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2020 7:05 AM

The true asset of Dylan to make this tricky/touchy blue 450 a proper weapon to allow him to be in title chase, it's David Vuillemin.

|

10/13/2020 6:43 AM

I think he will make everyone who moans about the yamaha look a bit silly.

|

10/13/2020 6:48 AM

T-Fish wrote:

I was pretty excited for the YZ450f to get the fair shake that it deserves. We haven't seen many top riders be on one or be in contention for a premier class title in a long time.

|

10/13/2020 7:00 AM

We will see but for me he can just as good as AC this year if not better.

Yes the 450 YZF seems to be the question but i supposed Dylan thought about it too !

For sure Dylan asked himself the same question about the 450 YZF ! He knows Webb and Plessinger.

If the bike really was an issue Dylan would have gone somewhere else.

Same for Vuillemin, he probably advised Dylan on the question.
If Vuillemin thought the 450 YZF was not capable of winning he would'nt have let Dylan go that route.

It is common sense, i don't see both Dylan and Vuillemin gambling, i believe it is a thoughtful decision.

The only thing i see slowing done his success is injuries, hopes he stays free of injuries during his 450 years.

Anyway we will see, but one more thing. Last year, in order to prepare for the supercross of Bercy, Dylan rode the 450 quite a lot in SX on the yamaha track and he was indeed faster than Barcia...even if it was just practice it can tell he is ready for the 450.

|

10/13/2020 7:23 AM

philG wrote:

I hope so much that he will.

But until now, top-notch pilots (Cooper, Plessinger, in particular) under perform frankly with this 450 Yamaha. (also I'm really curious of how Barcia will perform with the austrian GasGas...)

|

10/13/2020 7:46 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2020 8:18 AM

Baton Rouge wrote:

Yes the 450 YZF seems to be the question but i supposed Dylan thought about it too !

For sure Dylan asked himself the same question about the 450 YZF ! He knows Webb and Plessinger.

If Vuillemin thought the 450 YZF was not capable of winning he would'nt have let Dylan go that route.

It is common sense, i don't see both Dylan and Vuillemin gambling, i believe it is a thoughtful decision.

The only thing i see slowing done his success is injuries, hopes he stays free of injuries during his 450 years.

Anyway we will see, but one more thing. Last year, in order to prepare for the supercross of Bercy, Dylan rode the 450 quite a lot in SX on the yamaha track and he was indeed faster than Barcia...even if it was just practice it can tell he is ready for the 450.

Yes, "toughtful decision"... but the potential of the bike isn't the only parameter when you have to choose a contract. And when there is pretty much one contract offer...

It seems that Yamaha have been the only one to propose at Dylan, a "SX/MX250 defending champion and 450 contender" salary for 2021.
Dylan received only one other offer (GasGas), way under the one of Yamaha from a salary point of view.
In this chaotic covid era, it seems that he did not have the choice.

Also DV is well know to be a ardent defender of some sort of "all brands allow a bike for the championship win" (like he was always prompt to declare that start doesn't matter...). But nothing is all white or all black...

|

10/13/2020 8:09 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2020 8:10 AM

Id say Barcia has proven the yami can challange for wins, I think DF going to be consistantly fast and with all pressure off he most likely going to have a good season. Looking forward to it.
Open letter to DF: Practice starts bro

|

Titanium reinforced throttle wrist since 18/05 2007

10/13/2020 8:25 AM

philG wrote:

If anyone is going to do that, it'll be Ferrandis. Ferrandis and DV seem like a "no excuses" kind of team.

Will be interesting to see if Ferrandis struggles or excels on the Yamaha.

|

10/13/2020 8:45 AM

T-Fish wrote:

JohnMatrix wrote:

2nd verse same as the 1st. I think his results will mirror, Webb, Plessinger, Barcia, Tickle.....Maybe Star will be able to make a few changes to the bike to suit him better. I just don't see them being able to make the bike better than Factory Yamaha did. Every other week the bike was " Fixed" and then a week later it was the SOS.

If Ferrandis was truly chasing a Championship the blue bike is not the proven route to go. Money talks, being familiar with the Team is a big plus. He made his choice now he will find out it if was the right choice.

The interesting thing will be Barcia's results on the Gas Gas. If he improves his consistency and overall results you know its the bike.

|

10/13/2020 8:48 AM

Crisp wrote:

Ferrandis will do great, just like AC and Sexton have been great on the 450. Ferrandis can and will win a race on the 450 I think.

Not with his b level starts he wont. 450 class is too fast and starts are too critical. If he gets tomac like speed he might have a shot at it

|

10/13/2020 9:01 AM

T-Fish wrote:

JohnMatrix wrote:

deluxeman wrote:

2nd verse same as the 1st. I think his results will mirror, Webb, Plessinger, Barcia, Tickle.....Maybe Star will be able to make a few changes to the bike to suit him better. I just don't see them being able to make the bike better than Factory Yamaha did. Every other week the bike was " Fixed" and then a week later it was the SOS.

If Ferrandis was truly chasing a Championship the blue bike is not the proven route to go. Money talks, being familiar with the Team is a big plus. He made his choice now he will find out it if was the right choice.

The interesting thing will be Barcia's results on the Gas Gas. If he improves his consistency and overall results you know its the bike.

The ultimate litmus test for sure

|

10/13/2020 9:04 AM

Ferrandis will show speed on a 450 but imo he is a little over eager at times. If he bumps the wrong person in the 450 class, it will come back to him. I think that might occur a few times during '21 SX and he is going to find himself put on the ground.

|

10/13/2020 9:24 AM

Teej317 wrote:

Ferrandis will show speed on a 450 but imo he is a little over eager at times. If he bumps the wrong person in the 450 class, it will come back to him. I think that might occur a few times during '21 SX and he is going to find himself put on the ground.

Barcia has bumped the entire field and it has never come back to him.

|

10/13/2020 9:52 AM

Teej317 wrote:

Never going to happen, who is going to do it? Hell Marv took out Eli 2 years ago and Tomac has never retaliated. Maybe Webb.............. but even then I am not so sure.

Barcia will take him out just on principle to welcome him to the big boy show.

|

10/13/2020 10:05 AM

I think Webb or Anderson would come back at him without a second thought. Zacho ain’t no push over either

|

10/13/2020 10:47 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/13/2020 10:48 AM

Teej317 wrote:

yz133rider wrote:

Barcia has bumped the entire field and it has never come back to him.

Barcia has an established reputation for being aggressive that has been built up over several years. The guys know to stay clear of him because he is always like that. I’m just saying that Ferrandis is a rookie coming in, so if he starts trying to bump his way to the front, it ain’t gonna work out. Barcia isn’t retaliated against very often because it’s a lose lose situation going that route because of how he is. But a rookie bumping an established 450 guy? You know that ain’t gonna sit over well, I don’t care how hyped he is coming in. Ferrandis will be good tho. 2021 is going to be STACKED.

|

10/13/2020 11:34 AM

Baton Rouge wrote:

Antonioni wrote:

Yes, "toughtful decision"... but the potential of the bike isn't the only parameter when you have to choose a contract. And when there is pretty much one contract offer...

It seems that Yamaha have been the only one to propose at Dylan, a "SX/MX250 defending champion and 450 contender" salary for 2021.
Dylan received only one other offer (GasGas), way under the one of Yamaha from a salary point of view.
In this chaotic covid era, it seems that he did not have the choice.

Also DV is well know to be a ardent defender of some sort of "all brands allow a bike for the championship win" (like he was always prompt to declare that start doesn't matter...). But nothing is all white or all black...

I find it very interesting that so many people on here know what was on the table for Dylan and how he chose to do what he is going to do next year. I find it funny that you think the best 250 rider only had Gas Gas and Yamaha as an option. Given that I am his agent and I do everything for him I am one of the few people that know everything that has transpired over the past 18 months. Don't speculate with your vision of what was offered by whomever. Dylan had plenty of opportunities and it took months to finally make a decision that could have gone several ways.

|

10/13/2020 11:42 AM

jbutton wrote:

I find it very interesting that so many people on here know what was on the table for Dylan and how he chose to do what he is going to do next year. I find it funny that you think the best 250 rider only had Gas Gas and Yamaha as an option. Given that I am his agent and I do everything for him I am one of the few people that know everything that has transpired over the past 18 months. Don't speculate with your vision of what was offered by whomever. Dylan had plenty of opportunities and it took months to finally make a decision that could have gone several ways.

BAM!

|

Take it to the limit, one more time!