Ferrandis is amazing

Related:
Create New Tag

2/1/2020 9:34 PM

That guy is amazing to watch ride a dirt bike. Outdoors and indoors. Shit it doesn’t matter. His corner speed is incredible but what I love most about him is his mind. He just has that fire and desire to win.

Sure the move on Craig was boneheaded and over excited but he went for it not thinking it would turn out like that.

I hate that he gets booed. I feel like he gets booed only because he is French and that’s messed up.

|

2/1/2020 9:43 PM

He races hard, doesn’t give an inch and isn’t afraid to make contact. Doesn’t surprise me, DV12 rubs off on ferrandis. They’re out to win races. They could careless about getting booed. Until forkner and cooper steps it up you’re gonna see DF defend that title.

|

GP740
Since 1987

2/1/2020 9:45 PM

He crushed it at Oakland. The pass was completely clean, but the crowd thought otherwise. Bunch of crybabies.

|

2/1/2020 9:46 PM

Agreed. I told my buddies he’s got it in the bag way before he passed Forkner. I actually think Forkner and cooper are shook by what he’s doing right now. And we know he’s done it before so probably won’t toss it away under pressure.

|

"Shifting gears and passing queers" GL

2/1/2020 9:47 PM

level wrote:

That guy is amazing to watch ride a dirt bike. Outdoors and indoors. Shit it doesn’t matter. His corner speed is incredible ...more

Agreed. I don’t fully understand why he gets booed. If Tomac raced the same way there would be no boos. Excited to keep seeing this guy race for years to come.

|

2/1/2020 9:56 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2020 9:57 PM

level wrote:

That guy is amazing to watch ride a dirt bike. Outdoors and indoors. Shit it doesn’t matter. His corner speed is incredible ...more

MW19 wrote:

Agreed. I don’t fully understand why he gets booed. If Tomac raced the same way there would be no boos. Excited to keep seeing ...more

If Tomac races the same way in France while winning over French riders he’d be boo’d equally. It’s the sad truth of nationalism. Ferrandis is a fantastic racer. We’re lucky he races here. I hope he takes his talent to the 450 Nationals and 2021 SX.

|

2/1/2020 10:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2020 10:58 PM

level wrote:

MW19 wrote:

Agreed. I don’t fully understand why he gets booed. If Tomac raced the same way there would be no boos. Excited to keep seeing ...more

Nighttrain wrote:

If Tomac races the same way in France while winning over French riders he’d be boo’d equally. It’s the sad truth of ...more

I like the guy, that being said, he gets a win and during the interview with Will there are people booing him for a normal racing incident, that's shitty.. you could tell he was kind of stunned again at the boo's. Not so sure about that nationalism comment. I don't see people booing Kenny even when he did the move on cooper in 2018. Come to think of it, I couldn't see kenny, chad or even jett get booed if they get in contact with another rider, the crowd would most likely cheer. Is it a French thing? Marv did it one time and he got booed, while plenty of other riders (barcia, anderson, short, alessi, any lcq...) did much worse and nothing.

|

2/1/2020 11:00 PM

He's on another level. One of those "elite" guys in my opinion.

|

2/1/2020 11:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/1/2020 11:02 PM

MW19 wrote:

Nighttrain wrote:

If Tomac races the same way in France while winning over French riders he’d be boo’d equally. It’s the sad truth of ...more

x3no22 wrote:

I like the guy, that being said, he gets a win and during the interview with Will there are people booing him for a normal ...more

It’s certainly a French thing.

Most ironic part is that especially out here on the west coast, all the idiots booing are most likely just a couple generations or less removed from immigrants 😂 and I’m certain a percentage of them are French 😂

|

2/1/2020 11:19 PM

One of the best things in the sport is watching the 3-5 year small bike vets rail their bike.... they e typically got lots of raw speed, confidence, aggression and can ride that class to the limit....

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/1/2020 11:20 PM

When he first came over I thought he'd be a top 5 rider not dominating like he is now, crazy to think that Herlings used to beat him with ease.

|

2/1/2020 11:28 PM

DrinkMoreWater wrote:

When he first came over I thought he'd be a top 5 rider not dominating like he is now, crazy to think that Herlings used to ...more

Outdoors yes ( but not always easy ). Indoors?......Dylan would and will eat Jeffrey for lunch on an SX track. Outdoors , Jeffrey is the best of the best , but this is SX , and a totally different game.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

2/2/2020 12:05 AM

His style is so much different to other frenchies that have done well in SX (and MX for that matter). He is far more aggressive and ragged, as opposed to the smooth style like Musquin and Pourcel.

|

2/2/2020 12:46 AM

Derpin' DJ wrote:

His style is so much different to other frenchies that have done well in SX (and MX for that matter). He is far more ...more

He’s like RonRon... can manufacture speed through aggression or technique.

|

Cheers, Crush
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2/2/2020 12:52 AM

He got booed again? What a bunch of cunts.

|

Current fleet of two wheeled vehicles:
- KTM SX 250 2020
- Suzuki GSX-R 600 K7 track spec
- Canyon Sender CF 8.0 2018 Downhill
- Canyon Spectral:ON 7.0 2019 EMTB
- White GX Pro 20 Gravel

2/2/2020 12:55 AM

I just love how he runs a really high barbend and still corners fast then everybody else.

|

2/2/2020 12:58 AM

Crush wrote:

This post is useless without video.tongue

Crazy to think about what he was dealing with at this time.

|

2/2/2020 2:03 AM

Ferrandis is sandbagging...

|

2/2/2020 2:07 AM

I’ve watched a lot of french riders over the years and none of them have been afraid to bang bars, ride ‘aggressive’ so maybe that’s got something to do with it.

Whatever anyone says about DF I like his style & attitude. It looks like him & DV are a good team

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

2/2/2020 3:07 AM

level wrote:

MW19 wrote:

Nighttrain wrote:

I think you will find Americans going to bercy and the likes for years and beating French riders and non of that vile xenophobic chanting.
If it ever did happen to Tomac in France then same thing it’s repulsive to treat sports people like that

|

2/2/2020 4:46 AM

I agree about the booing, it’s of poor taste and completely uncalled for. There was nothing wrong with the pass this time. I get it if you don’t root for a particular rider, but at least respect their race craft.

|

2/2/2020 4:55 AM

Anyone booing him tonight can go ahead and fuck off. Two weeks ago I still didn’t like it but hey I get it. To people there at the track who might not have seen the numerous replays we did I’m sure it looked really bad. Like a complete take out. Obviously from the TV broadcast we were able to see it was just a stupid pass attempt. But tonight to boo him? What the fuck? He showed remorse for what he did and personally apologized to Craig. No offense to Craig, but Ferrandis would never want to crash with him in a corner as he likely doesn’t see him as a championship contender. Why make that enemy? Ferrandis is a great rider and by all accounts I’ve seen a great person. To boo the guy tonight just shows the stupidity of a lot of the “fans” who attend the races.

|

2/2/2020 5:27 AM

He does have nice style.

|

2/2/2020 7:05 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2020 7:07 AM

Ferrandis is an old school, get after it kind of racer. Always races forward, always goes for it-I mean he just pins it so it seems. I'm a huge fan and he is going to be a force indoors and out on a 450 when he moves up. Dude is balls to the wall fast.

|

"If you don't put your work ahead of your talent, you won't win." Mike Babcock

2/2/2020 7:17 AM

level wrote:

MW19 wrote:

Nighttrain wrote:

That’s a good point.

|

2/2/2020 7:20 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/2/2020 7:20 AM

Derpin' DJ wrote:

His style is so much different to other frenchies that have done well in SX (and MX for that matter). He is far more ...more

Crush wrote:

EZZA 95B wrote:

This post is useless without video.tongue

Crazy to think about what he was dealing with at this time.

I think I read he was high on pain killers at that race. I remember that race it was awesome to see roncada going at it.

|

2/2/2020 7:31 AM

I felt kind of bad for him on the podium . I know he should just let it roll off and not let the idiots bother him but that's easier said than done .

|

2/2/2020 8:31 AM

Ferrandis did do an amazing ride with a good start finally. If he starts up in the front 5 he will continue his winning ways. Kudos to Forkner for admitting he made a small mistake. He was actually quite humble in his interview. He has not been one of my favorites but last night he may have changed my mind.

|

2/2/2020 8:44 AM

I can’t take my eyes off Dylan when he’s on the track. His body stays very compact and rigid kind of like Villo did which always looked cool to me. Dylan has that fire like Zacho did in 2017-2018 when you knew he was going to make a pass if he was even close.

|

2/2/2020 8:56 AM

I didnt think so at the beginning of the year but he might dominate outdoors. Who's gonna beat him? Cooper is better outdoors and he's made a huge progression speed wise indoors. Will that translate to outdoors? Forkner? Been so long since we've seen him race mx I kinda forget what his speed is like

|