Ferrandis interview

A lot of frustration after race 2 it seems. He was saying he really wanted to come back and pass Kenny and he was coming back on him. He was 10 sec behind at the start of the race and came back to 5 sec before he crashed with a lapper. Then he saw an opportunity to come back again on the last 2 laps but there was 4 yamaha staff members screaming to let the bike breath and settle for 3rd so he decided to let it go.

He also said that his settings were based on Lommel's condition at the 1st practice session which was a mistake because the track had a really hard based with sandy ruts. So he came back to what he had at Red Bud which was a good decision. He recognized that a sandy thechnical rider like Herlings would put a clinic over anyone else at the Wick though.
|
Tumic
7/11/2021 2:20am
A lot of frustration after race 2 it seems. He was saying he really wanted to come back and pass Kenny and he was coming back...
A lot of frustration after race 2 it seems. He was saying he really wanted to come back and pass Kenny and he was coming back on him. He was 10 sec behind at the start of the race and came back to 5 sec before he crashed with a lapper. Then he saw an opportunity to come back again on the last 2 laps but there was 4 yamaha staff members screaming to let the bike breath and settle for 3rd so he decided to let it go.

He also said that his settings were based on Lommel's condition at the 1st practice session which was a mistake because the track had a really hard based with sandy ruts. So he came back to what he had at Red Bud which was a good decision. He recognized that a sandy thechnical rider like Herlings would put a clinic over anyone else at the Wick though.
He’s right. Very few riders went ”up on the sand”, surfing the burms and flowing on top of it. Most of them just went in to the turns as hard as they could, thrashing the burms and beating the shit out of the clutch.

I thought Ken would ride better but nobody actually rode the track as a good sand rider would have done today.

The Lawrence brothers had some good flow but still over rode the burms a little to much.
CPR
7/11/2021 2:43am
To be fair it looked like Roczen settled for 2nd after Tomac passed him and then managed the gap to Ferrandis. I think he would have been able to respond if Ferrandis had got closer, but it definitely would have been interesting if Dylan didn’t have to worry about his bike.
What was great to see though, was Ferrandis’s level of frustration and passion on the podium. He wants to win bad and has that driven mentality that it takes to be a champion.
Tumic
7/11/2021 4:35am
CPR wrote:
To be fair it looked like Roczen settled for 2nd after Tomac passed him and then managed the gap to Ferrandis. I think he would have...
To be fair it looked like Roczen settled for 2nd after Tomac passed him and then managed the gap to Ferrandis. I think he would have been able to respond if Ferrandis had got closer, but it definitely would have been interesting if Dylan didn’t have to worry about his bike.
What was great to see though, was Ferrandis’s level of frustration and passion on the podium. He wants to win bad and has that driven mentality that it takes to be a champion.
Yeah he did not force the issue, but he rode terrible the first moto by Ken’s standards. Sitting down in the breaking bumps in to the turns and not flowing as he does when he rides at his top.
7/11/2021 4:54am
Tumic wrote:
Yeah he did not force the issue, but he rode terrible the first moto by Ken’s standards. Sitting down in the breaking bumps in to the...
Yeah he did not force the issue, but he rode terrible the first moto by Ken’s standards. Sitting down in the breaking bumps in to the turns and not flowing as he does when he rides at his top.
I noticed the same!This wasn‘t prime Roczen yesterday.

The Shop

Talisker
7/11/2021 6:13am
Glad to see that they are not grooming the tracks as much this year. That track was brutal for 30 plus 2. We are starting to see who the real pros are.
7/11/2021 6:42am
A lot of frustration after race 2 it seems. He was saying he really wanted to come back and pass Kenny and he was coming back...

A world class rider called Eli put a clinic on in moto 2, was around 4 seconds a lap faster than Kenny at one point..
BroFoSho
7/12/2021 9:25am

Why/how would Star Yamaha have a "Lommel setting"?

Have they ever even put a bike on the track before? lol
agn5008
Fantasy
256th
7/12/2021 9:53am

Tumic wrote:
He’s right. Very few riders went ”up on the sand”, surfing the burms and flowing on top of it. Most of them just went in to...
He’s right. Very few riders went ”up on the sand”, surfing the burms and flowing on top of it. Most of them just went in to the turns as hard as they could, thrashing the burms and beating the shit out of the clutch.

I thought Ken would ride better but nobody actually rode the track as a good sand rider would have done today.

The Lawrence brothers had some good flow but still over rode the burms a little to much.
Really.
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2562nd
7/12/2021 9:55am
I thought everybody’s bike looked like ass at southwick. Seemed as if they all went with sand settings and then bounced around on the hard base.
PNWRider
7/12/2021 10:30am

BroFoSho wrote:
Why/how would Star Yamaha have a "Lommel setting"?

Have they ever even put a bike on the track before? lol
Perhaps they spoke to a Yamaha MXGP team, and/or DF14 recalled what type of setup he ran there?
zehn
7/12/2021 11:20am
Lol vital strikes again! Don’t those guys know they were riding the track all wrong?
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
7/12/2021 11:31am
I love the "southwick is not a proper sand track" and in the next sentence "a sand rider would put on a clinic at southwick"...lol
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
7/12/2021 11:41am
yak651 wrote:
I love the "southwick is not a proper sand track" and in the next sentence "a sand rider would put on a clinic at southwick"...lol
Nicoletti said it himself, the Wick has nothing on Gopher Dunes. I've ridden a lot of laps at Gopher, that place gets BRUTAL.

Having said that I don't think it compares to the sand tracks on the other side of the pond.
ATKpilot99
7/12/2021 11:49am Edited Date/Time 7/12/2021 4:44pm
yak651 wrote:
That's it ....they got their proper and improper settings confused.
bigk218
Fantasy
3159th
7/12/2021 1:58pm
I would sure hope herlings work work Eli. We only ride outdoors half the year.
JMMTB69
7/12/2021 2:09pm
bigk218 wrote:
I would sure hope herlings work work Eli. We only ride outdoors half the year.
Pretty sure Herlings is only thinking about Tim Gasjer at this point.....

Post a reply to: Ferrandis interview

The Latest