Ferrandis bike after crash

DemoDick
3/5/2018 12:34pm
Shit was right in front of me.

Made an ugly sound when he hit the dirt.

mxjon454
3/5/2018 12:43pm
Instead of putting tuff blocks on the jumps lips and landings, why dont they put the plastic track markers that they use for the outdoors there instead? That would be a safer option IMO.
mxjon454
3/5/2018 12:47pm
I know....what the FAAAAACK do they continue to put tuff blocks on the takeoff of triples???? They serve ZERO purpose there ......that's AT LEAST one safety...
I know....what the FAAAAACK do they continue to put tuff blocks on the takeoff of triples???? They serve ZERO purpose there ......that's AT LEAST one safety improvement Feld could make that I'm sure all of us Vitalians can agree on right?

Those goddam tuff blocks on the triple took out at least 4 high level riders

Peick
Ferrandis
Hill - I think that was his problem no?
Marty "The Party" crashed there too right?
kkawboy14 wrote:
To mark the boundary’s of the track! That’s there purpose. If there is a tree on the boundary of my local track, I don’t ask them...
To mark the boundary’s of the track! That’s there purpose. If there is a tree on the boundary of my local track, I don’t ask them to cut it down, I don’t hit it.
These guys have the whole track to use not just the outside 3 inches
Bro i get it that it was marking the boundaries of the track but on the takeoff of a triple jump why even have boundaries if...
Bro i get it that it was marking the boundaries of the track but on the takeoff of a triple jump why even have boundaries if they go out of bounds they're surely screwed anyways cuz they're going to jump into nothingness on either side of the jump and crash in a slightly less aggressive manner the top blocks on the take off really don't serve a purpose because the riders going to control how far they get to the edge and not having a tough block to clip means that you don't see a wild amount of crashes because of that riders have always toed the line on the edge of the track trying to find a smoother line and arcing through to maintain speed much like apexing a corner in car racing.....anywhere else on the track i would 110% agree with you but in this situation, youre just inviting disaster bec a foitpeg snags the tuffblock on the takeoff of one of the largest jumps on the track amd as we saw with at least 3 top riders, its game over once the footpeg snags it and the rider is already committed, theres no backing out at that point amd it happens so fast they usially dont know whats about to happen until its .2 seconds passed "too late" ......what advantage could a rider gain by not having tuff blocks on the takeoff of a triple? Those Tuff blocks are not going to absorb any impact either because one of the rarest crashes on the Earth would be on the face of the takeoff of a triple and if you want to go back to Justin Barcia crash not having those Tuff blocks on the face of the triple would have allowed him to back out of it and jump off to the side as well and I don't think any Rider in his right mind would miss the boundary of the track and jump off into the next Lane just because those Tuff blocks weren't there honestly I'm trying to see both sides of it but I cannot see a reason why there would be any disadvantage to not having them on the face of a triple other than a little less advertisement but to me it seems like more of a danger and problem then a benefit to the riders or the advertisers....shit' we lost at least two MORE top riders in Atlanta. At this rate Reed might just win himself a main event before this year is over if he survives the war of attrition.
If they need to have markers for bounderies on lips and landings then they should use the plastic markers that they use for the nationals. That seems like a no brainer to me. Ferrandis is lucky that his legs and feet are ok after that. He couldve easily had an injury like Izzi had in '09 whem he faced the triple with his body. He's lucky it wasnt worse.
gt80rider
3/5/2018 1:02pm
I hate broken teeth, can't imagine a mouth full of them on a longggg flight to France....

The Shop

gt80rider
3/5/2018 1:05pm
Bro i get it that it was marking the boundaries of the track but on the takeoff of a triple jump why even have boundaries if...
Bro i get it that it was marking the boundaries of the track but on the takeoff of a triple jump why even have boundaries if they go out of bounds they're surely screwed anyways cuz they're going to jump into nothingness on either side of the jump and crash in a slightly less aggressive manner the top blocks on the take off really don't serve a purpose because the riders going to control how far they get to the edge and not having a tough block to clip means that you don't see a wild amount of crashes because of that riders have always toed the line on the edge of the track trying to find a smoother line and arcing through to maintain speed much like apexing a corner in car racing.....anywhere else on the track i would 110% agree with you but in this situation, youre just inviting disaster bec a foitpeg snags the tuffblock on the takeoff of one of the largest jumps on the track amd as we saw with at least 3 top riders, its game over once the footpeg snags it and the rider is already committed, theres no backing out at that point amd it happens so fast they usially dont know whats about to happen until its .2 seconds passed "too late" ......what advantage could a rider gain by not having tuff blocks on the takeoff of a triple? Those Tuff blocks are not going to absorb any impact either because one of the rarest crashes on the Earth would be on the face of the takeoff of a triple and if you want to go back to Justin Barcia crash not having those Tuff blocks on the face of the triple would have allowed him to back out of it and jump off to the side as well and I don't think any Rider in his right mind would miss the boundary of the track and jump off into the next Lane just because those Tuff blocks weren't there honestly I'm trying to see both sides of it but I cannot see a reason why there would be any disadvantage to not having them on the face of a triple other than a little less advertisement but to me it seems like more of a danger and problem then a benefit to the riders or the advertisers....shit' we lost at least two MORE top riders in Atlanta. At this rate Reed might just win himself a main event before this year is over if he survives the war of attrition.
Ain't nobody read'n all that Mr Hawking... Just sayn...
SKEEZER36
3/5/2018 1:06pm
Look, these guys can put a bike wherever they want to with pretty exacting accuracy. Why don't they just move in a hair and not get so close to them? I get that thats the line they wanna run, but I don't think that its the tuff blox fault for them crashing unless a dig dug put it a foot too far in. Im a former local pro and had my fair share of hay bale incidents but I never got mad at the hay bale. Im not saying that the riders are blaming them but it seems a bit lame.
Not trying to offend anyone either, just my thoughts. Dilly Dilly
Donovan759
3/5/2018 1:07pm
mxjon454 wrote:
Instead of putting tuff blocks on the jumps lips and landings, why dont they put the plastic track markers that they use for the outdoors there...
Instead of putting tuff blocks on the jumps lips and landings, why dont they put the plastic track markers that they use for the outdoors there instead? That would be a safer option IMO.
I was thinking the same thing as I was reading through this.
Donovan759
3/5/2018 1:11pm
SKEEZER36 wrote:
Look, these guys can put a bike wherever they want to with pretty exacting accuracy. Why don't they just move in a hair and not get...
Look, these guys can put a bike wherever they want to with pretty exacting accuracy. Why don't they just move in a hair and not get so close to them? I get that thats the line they wanna run, but I don't think that its the tuff blox fault for them crashing unless a dig dug put it a foot too far in. Im a former local pro and had my fair share of hay bale incidents but I never got mad at the hay bale. Im not saying that the riders are blaming them but it seems a bit lame.
I think you're missing the point Skeeter. Good first post though.
300exc
3/5/2018 1:15pm
The tough blocks keep the riders from jumping into on coming lanes.
There is no "nothingness " anywhere on a SX track in most csses.
How on earth did the b and c level riders miss them when the top guys can't?
That is just amazing.....
thorns
3/5/2018 1:41pm
gt80rider wrote:
I hate broken teeth, can't imagine a mouth full of them on a longggg flight to France....
Just saw the replay which doesn't catch it clearly. Did he knee himself in the jaw when he landed?

Doesnt look like he hit head anywhere else?
yak651
Fantasy
214th
3/5/2018 1:49pm
crockett wrote:
#41 where you at??
Yeah, where is he at? Made a big deal about his new position at A1 but not a word since. Did Field get rid of the position? Is he not able to travel to the races? Any journalist around to shed some light on this? Was brought up during the head on collision also.
thorns
3/5/2018 2:12pm
Where’s the video? Still haven’t seen it
Where’s the video? Still haven’t seen it
kkawboy14
3/5/2018 2:16pm Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 2:17pm
kkawboy14 wrote:
To mark the boundary’s of the track! That’s there purpose. If there is a tree on the boundary of my local track, I don’t ask them...
To mark the boundary’s of the track! That’s there purpose. If there is a tree on the boundary of my local track, I don’t ask them to cut it down, I don’t hit it.
These guys have the whole track to use not just the outside 3 inches
mxjon454 wrote:
If they need to have markers for bounderies on lips and landings then they should use the plastic markers that they use for the nationals. That...
If they need to have markers for bounderies on lips and landings then they should use the plastic markers that they use for the nationals. That seems like a no brainer to me. Ferrandis is lucky that his legs and feet are ok after that. He couldve easily had an injury like Izzi had in '09 whem he faced the triple with his body. He's lucky it wasnt worse.
Have you seen what the riders do to those things? Yeah they ignore those.

My guess is Ferrandis will not ignore tuff blocks again.
Asimo
3/5/2018 2:17pm
Monte122 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/05/247570/s1200_6B272EF5_9B01_4932_BB90_64727AC7CBB6.jpg[/img]

tingo wrote:
Paging mcread to tell us how much better the doctors are in Europe. It sounds mighty miserable to sit through a long flight with a busted...
Paging mcread to tell us how much better the doctors are in Europe.

It sounds mighty miserable to sit through a long flight with a busted mouth, broken arm, and possibly jaw. Bummed for Ferrandis.
No bill. No bankruptcies, no insurance companies to deny the claim due to "In competition. extreme sports injury etc etc"
Mit12
3/5/2018 2:26pm
Razer sharp pegs and tuff blocks don't work out that great.
mxjon454
3/5/2018 2:32pm
mxjon454 wrote:
If they need to have markers for bounderies on lips and landings then they should use the plastic markers that they use for the nationals. That...
kkawboy14 wrote:

Yaa well let them ignore them going up a triple. Would be better then tagging a tuff block. And the triples would still have the emergency flashers at the top of them on both sides so they wouldnt be able to use that tiny part of the triple lip. Id rather see a guy on the edge of the triple and hit that plastic marker then see them tag a tuff block and have a Ferrandis/Pieck incident happen again.
mxjon454
3/5/2018 2:33pm
mxjon454 wrote:
kkawboy14 wrote:

And if theres such a problem with the riders ignoring those markers outdoors, then why havent they been replaced with tuff blocks?
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
3/5/2018 2:36pm
mxjon454 wrote:
And if theres such a problem with the riders ignoring those markers outdoors, then why havent they been replaced with tuff blocks?
Because the tracks are twice as long?
SKEEZER36
3/5/2018 2:54pm
SKEEZER36 wrote:
Look, these guys can put a bike wherever they want to with pretty exacting accuracy. Why don't they just move in a hair and not get...
Donovan759 wrote:
I think you're missing the point Skeeter. Good first post though.
Can you enlighten me please?
Drtbykr
3/5/2018 3:20pm
I love JS7, tough blocks have saved his life about 30x. (and a photographers in Daytona).

I’m glad Ferrandos back is not injured, it compressed so hard.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1942nd
3/5/2018 6:38pm
I know....what the FAAAAACK do they continue to put tuff blocks on the takeoff of triples???? They serve ZERO purpose there ......that's AT LEAST one safety...
I know....what the FAAAAACK do they continue to put tuff blocks on the takeoff of triples???? They serve ZERO purpose there ......that's AT LEAST one safety improvement Feld could make that I'm sure all of us Vitalians can agree on right?

Those goddam tuff blocks on the triple took out at least 4 high level riders

Peick
Ferrandis
Hill - I think that was his problem no?
Marty "The Party" crashed there too right?
McAdoo (or however you spell it) crashed there too, but nobody gave a fuck or said anything cuz he's not a top guy
acres951
3/5/2018 7:23pm
crockett wrote:
#41 where you at??
yak651 wrote:
Yeah, where is he at? Made a big deal about his new position at A1 but not a word since. Did Field get rid of the...
Yeah, where is he at? Made a big deal about his new position at A1 but not a word since. Did Field get rid of the position? Is he not able to travel to the races? Any journalist around to shed some light on this? Was brought up during the head on collision also.
Before throwing #41 under the bus, I believe he was only used for the 1st round as a proof of concept type thing.
I’m sure he would have stuck around if he was asked or able to. Seemed like he had good intentions.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
3/5/2018 7:44pm
crockett wrote:
#41 where you at??
yak651 wrote:
Yeah, where is he at? Made a big deal about his new position at A1 but not a word since. Did Field get rid of the...
acres951 wrote:
Before throwing #41 under the bus, I believe he was only used for the 1st round as a proof of concept type thing. I’m sure he...
Before throwing #41 under the bus, I believe he was only used for the 1st round as a proof of concept type thing.
I’m sure he would have stuck around if he was asked or able to. Seemed like he had good intentions.
I'm not trying to throw Trey under the bus, just pointing out a big deal was made out of his safety position at the first race and it's been crickets since. Was it just for show? Is there a reason he hasn't been mentioned since A1?
Lightning78
3/5/2018 7:47pm
gt80rider wrote:
Ain't nobody read'n all that Mr Hawking... Just sayn...
Yea ...sorry about that .... I got a little carried away trying to explain my logic lol

Post a reply to: Ferrandis bike after crash

The Latest