Ferrandis bike after crash

fullfloater
Fantasy
13th
3/5/2018 12:35am
Hope he didn't try to enter the back up bike in the next moto.
Lightning78
3/5/2018 1:14am
I know....what the FAAAAACK do they continue to put tuff blocks on the takeoff of triples???? They serve ZERO purpose there ......that's AT LEAST one safety improvement Feld could make that I'm sure all of us Vitalians can agree on right?

Those goddam tuff blocks on the triple took out at least 4 high level riders

Peick
Ferrandis
Hill - I think that was his problem no?
Marty "The Party" crashed there too right?

The Shop

3/5/2018 1:45am
This is a massive disappointment. He was really starting to come on strong and he would of got a win soon! All this talk of rider safety and they place tuff blocks on the face of a triple where everyone is fading left from previous corner.
There was already a massive crash earlier in the day (Peick) and they still don’t fix the issue.
Motofinne
3/5/2018 1:52am
This is a massive disappointment. He was really starting to come on strong and he would of got a win soon! All this talk of rider...
This is a massive disappointment. He was really starting to come on strong and he would of got a win soon! All this talk of rider safety and they place tuff blocks on the face of a triple where everyone is fading left from previous corner.
There was already a massive crash earlier in the day (Peick) and they still don’t fix the issue.
I think it's a joke that they didn't do something about it.

Irsuti crashed also on that triple earlier that day. I don't know if he also clipped the tuff block but i would guess that's what happened also to him.

And yes, the riders are responsible for not drifting too wide on a triple but why have tuff blocks there in the first place? Such a stupid thing since they have zero, absolutely zero function on the face of a triple.
One-Hander
3/5/2018 2:31am
MotoMo165 wrote:
I saw a tweet earlier from either Keefer or Matthes (they were both on the PulpMX Twitter account during the race) but read broken jaw and...
I saw a tweet earlier from either Keefer or Matthes (they were both on the PulpMX Twitter account during the race) but read broken jaw and missing teeth
Baggett looks the wise one out there his gum guard.
kb228
3/5/2018 3:33am
Serious question. Will the team be able to salvage anything? Front end maybe? Engine?
Id assume everything is good except the subframe and plastics.
3/5/2018 4:34am
Looks like one of RCs old Hondas.
Hope Ferrandis heals up quick. He was riding great!
Crush
3/5/2018 4:47am
Crush wrote:
Fuck me. That has to be a record for a bike being twisted up at a SX crash right?
TDeath21 wrote:
David Pingree might dispute that claim.
Yep good point. Pings bike sheeted st the head right? How messed up was the rest of it? Dylan’s bike is pretty bent!
kkawboy14
3/5/2018 6:02am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 9:54am
I know....what the FAAAAACK do they continue to put tuff blocks on the takeoff of triples???? They serve ZERO purpose there ......that's AT LEAST one safety...
I know....what the FAAAAACK do they continue to put tuff blocks on the takeoff of triples???? They serve ZERO purpose there ......that's AT LEAST one safety improvement Feld could make that I'm sure all of us Vitalians can agree on right?

Peick
Ferrandis
To mark the boundary’s of the track! That’s there purpose. If there is a tree on the boundary of my local track, I don’t ask them to cut it down, I don’t hit it.
These guys have the whole track to use not just the outside 3 inches
tkimb
3/5/2018 6:14am
kkawboy14 wrote:
To mark the boundary’s of the track! That’s there purpose. If there is a tree on the boundary of my local track, I don’t ask them...
To mark the boundary’s of the track! That’s there purpose. If there is a tree on the boundary of my local track, I don’t ask them to cut it down, I don’t hit it.
That's a lot different from purposely putting something in the way. Pretty sure everyone can tell how to follow the track for 10 feet up a jump face.
tingo
3/5/2018 6:35am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 6:45am
Monte122 wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/03/05/247570/s1200_6B272EF5_9B01_4932_BB90_64727AC7CBB6.jpg[/img]

Paging mcread to tell us how much better the doctors are in Europe.

It sounds mighty miserable to sit through a long flight with a busted mouth, broken arm, and possibly jaw. Bummed for Ferrandis.
tcallahan707
3/5/2018 6:56am Edited Date/Time 3/5/2018 6:57am
Serious question. Will the team be able to salvage anything? Front end maybe? Engine?
kb228 wrote:
I think I'd add in the shock/linkage/frame mount plus a new pipe and some handlebars.
Forty
3/5/2018 7:39am
Sucks. He has great speed and I was looking forward to his Daytona ride and also the outdoors.
Rhody
3/5/2018 7:52am
I can't believe all the bitching about tough blocks. If you take them away the riders will go wider and wider until there is a rut cut into the side of the jump. That rut will eventually collapse, pitching the rider onto the concrete and launching his bike at track workers on the side of the track. Then Vital will explode because there was nothing to keep the riders from launching off the side of the jump face.
captmoto
3/5/2018 9:22am
Oil air filter changed after every ride. Low hours. Tons of extra parts. 4200$ OBO
Ran when parked too.
omalley
3/5/2018 9:46am
yak651 wrote:
Craigslist Ad: ...fresh top end, raced one time, low hours, could use a new seat...
Damn, beat me to the CL ad...
kkawboy14
3/5/2018 9:55am
Rhody wrote:
I can't believe all the bitching about tough blocks. If you take them away the riders will go wider and wider until there is a rut...
I can't believe all the bitching about tough blocks. If you take them away the riders will go wider and wider until there is a rut cut into the side of the jump. That rut will eventually collapse, pitching the rider onto the concrete and launching his bike at track workers on the side of the track. Then Vital will explode because there was nothing to keep the riders from launching off the side of the jump face.
Exactly!
3/5/2018 10:12am
Told the service manager,” I was just riding along and...so Yamaha better take care of it!”
kb228
3/5/2018 10:17am
kb228 wrote:
I think I'd add in the shock/linkage/frame mount plus a new pipe and some handlebars.
Duh thats visually broken lmao
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
3/5/2018 10:40am
Rhody wrote:
I can't believe all the bitching about tough blocks. If you take them away the riders will go wider and wider until there is a rut...
This.
3/5/2018 10:47am
Rhody wrote:
Maybe something that doesn’t catch on the pegs might be a better option though, boards?
RichieW13
Fantasy
2916th
3/5/2018 10:51am
Rhody wrote:
That's what I was thinking. The guys are going to push to the very edge of the track, no matter what is (or isn't) there. And sometimes they'll go too far and cause a crash.
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
3/5/2018 11:01am
bvm111 wrote:
I can fix it... my dad is a tv repairman and has a killer set of tools.... yeah I can fix it!
If ya can't fix it with a hammer it's an electrical problem.
Lightning78
3/5/2018 11:28am
I know....what the FAAAAACK do they continue to put tuff blocks on the takeoff of triples???? They serve ZERO purpose there ......that's AT LEAST one safety...

Peick
Ferrandis
kkawboy14 wrote:
To mark the boundary’s of the track! That’s there purpose. If there is a tree on the boundary of my local track, I don’t ask them...
Bro i get it that it was marking the boundaries of the track but on the takeoff of a triple jump why even have boundaries if they go out of bounds they're surely screwed anyways cuz they're going to jump into nothingness on either side of the jump and crash in a slightly less aggressive manner the top blocks on the take off really don't serve a purpose because the riders going to control how far they get to the edge and not having a tough block to clip means that you don't see a wild amount of crashes because of that riders have always toed the line on the edge of the track trying to find a smoother line and arcing through to maintain speed much like apexing a corner in car racing.....anywhere else on the track i would 110% agree with you but in this situation, youre just inviting disaster bec a foitpeg snags the tuffblock on the takeoff of one of the largest jumps on the track amd as we saw with at least 3 top riders, its game over once the footpeg snags it and the rider is already committed, theres no backing out at that point amd it happens so fast they usially dont know whats about to happen until its .2 seconds passed "too late" ......what advantage could a rider gain by not having tuff blocks on the takeoff of a triple? Those Tuff blocks are not going to absorb any impact either because one of the rarest crashes on the Earth would be on the face of the takeoff of a triple and if you want to go back to Justin Barcia crash not having those Tuff blocks on the face of the triple would have allowed him to back out of it and jump off to the side as well and I don't think any Rider in his right mind would miss the boundary of the track and jump off into the next Lane just because those Tuff blocks weren't there honestly I'm trying to see both sides of it but I cannot see a reason why there would be any disadvantage to not having them on the face of a triple other than a little less advertisement but to me it seems like more of a danger and problem then a benefit to the riders or the advertisers....shit' we lost at least two MORE top riders in Atlanta. At this rate Reed might just win himself a main event before this year is over if he survives the war of attrition.

Post a reply to: Ferrandis bike after crash

The Latest