Ferrandis Star Yamaha extension

Related:
Create New Tag

5/13/2018 11:30 AM

He just posted on IG that he signed an extension for 2 more years.
Awesome news. Hope he can stay healthy and win a title.
By the way, does that mean that he will stay in 250s for two more years? I thought he was looking to move up in a year

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiujLlfBJ-d/

|

5/13/2018 11:47 AM

crusty_xx wrote:

He just posted on IG that he signed an extension for 2 more years.
Awesome news. Hope he can stay healthy and win a title.
By ...more

Yup, 250 for two more years. If he wins a SX title next year he could defend the year after, Star is a 250 only program.

|

5/13/2018 11:55 AM

awesome ... he was fast before he got injured

|

the funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

5/13/2018 12:09 PM

Good to hear! I like the kid and his riding style.
And he has, in my opinion, the hottest girlfriend in the pits

|

5/13/2018 12:51 PM

When is he supposed to be back from injury ?

|

5/13/2018 1:07 PM

Nice! I was hoping he’d stay healthy during SX because I thought he’d be a title contender outdoors, making it an even more entertaining summer for us spectators. Looking forward to seeing him back out there!

|

5/13/2018 1:33 PM

Awesome to hear, I was wondering what he was going to do as I knew his contract was up. Re-signing him is a no brainer, just wish he was healthy for the outdoors.

|

5/13/2018 1:38 PM

Hasn’t DV been posting that he is back on bike??

|

Now a member of the Orange brigade

5/13/2018 1:53 PM

I believe he’s supposed to have an x-ray on the Monday before Hangtown.

|

5/13/2018 3:24 PM

Great for him to sign for 2 years.

It won't be easy of course but I really think he can battle for a title. Next year, TLD, PC, Geico and Star Racing will bring us some great battles upfront again, it is nice to see the class is quite open !

|

5/13/2018 5:49 PM

Really glad to hear this. I thought he had an impressive first year even though he was a little erratic at SX, but he looked like he really figured it out this year. He was fast, smooth and it was such a bummer that he got injured because there's no doubt in my mind that he would have been a title contender right till the final round. Hopefully we see him back and firing for outdoors

|

5/14/2018 12:26 AM

Hell ya, im pumped to hear this too! Its cool that Star Yamaha is staying with their riders and keeping them longer too. Before if the guys didnt perform in their 1st year on the team, boom they were outta there. Oldenburg, Nichols, Cooper, and Ferrandis are all signed through 2020 i believe, and Plessinger is defending his title next year. Good move by them.

|

5/14/2018 7:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 5/14/2018 7:35 AM

mxjon454 wrote:

Hell ya, im pumped to hear this too! Its cool that Star Yamaha is staying with their riders and keeping them longer too. ...more

I believe Oldenburg's deal is through 2019...and I'm not sure about Nichol's length either.

They have to have some space in the future, they have more amateur's coming up.

|