Ferrandis Return?

jonesaustin
Any news on how he’s healing, or timeframe for 2021 Supercross?
|
1/6/2021 6:43am
He's been back on SX Tracks for a few days now.

He will be there for Houston but probably not 100% so i think he will build his speed/strenght back during the season and should be a podium contender before the end of the championship.

No need to be hard on him after the first few rounds if results don't show up
chuckdavies
1/6/2021 7:37am
He's been back on SX Tracks for a few days now. He will be there for Houston but probably not 100% so i think he will...

He will be there for Houston but probably not 100% so i think he will build his speed/strenght back during the season and should be a podium contender before the end of the championship.

"No need to be hard on him after the first few rounds if results don't show up" - true, but you know people still will.

The Shop

hubbardmx50
1/6/2021 9:15am
He’s back on the bike and riding SX. He looks good
nealb129
1/6/2021 9:15am
He's been back on SX Tracks for a few days now. He will be there for Houston but probably not 100% so i think he will...

Haha have you been on this website.. there will be posts after the first round saying “changing of the guard”, “rider x is trash”, rider y is the greatest ever”.. knee jerk reactions is all this place does.
Antonioni
1/6/2021 9:16am
Last few days few videos showed up (on insta stories among others) of Dylan back on SX (in which he appeared blazing fast).
jonesaustin
1/6/2021 11:02am
Definitely one of the racers I've been most excited to see ascend to the premier class. Style and aggression.
Yeti831
1/6/2021 11:17am
Stoked he’s back riding. Got one hell of a field in the 450s this year, I’m really looking forward to what comes of it.
Motofinne
1/7/2021 5:26am
He's definitely under the radar. Everywhere i read or hear on podcasts people are putting Sexton clearly above him going into the season. People have forgotten that Ferrandis has beaten him pretty easy every time they've been on the same track.

Don't take this as a diss against Sexton, he'll be great! We've seen it already outdoors. But people are definitely sleeping on Ferrandis. At least i haven't still heard or read any argument why he isn't ranked at least on the same level as Sexton.
vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4318th
1/7/2021 5:31am
Motofinne wrote:
He's definitely under the radar. Everywhere i read or hear on podcasts people are putting Sexton clearly above him going into the season. People have forgotten...
He's definitely under the radar. Everywhere i read or hear on podcasts people are putting Sexton clearly above him going into the season. People have forgotten that Ferrandis has beaten him pretty easy every time they've been on the same track.

Don't take this as a diss against Sexton, he'll be great! We've seen it already outdoors. But people are definitely sleeping on Ferrandis. At least i haven't still heard or read any argument why he isn't ranked at least on the same level as Sexton.
Probably because he’s a 450 rookie...lol.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
1/7/2021 5:41am
Motofinne wrote:
He's definitely under the radar. Everywhere i read or hear on podcasts people are putting Sexton clearly above him going into the season. People have forgotten...

Mostly due to his injury... Originally they expected him to be back on the bike about now. He beat that by a few days. So he's got about 12 days of SX riding before the gate drop. Compared to everyone else, he's not going to be 100%. Some guys do amazing things, but if I had to bet money on him contending for a title, it wouldn't be this year.
Hman144
Fantasy
713th
1/7/2021 5:46am

nealb129 wrote:
Haha have you been on this website.. there will be posts after the first round saying “changing of the guard”, “rider x is trash”, rider y...
Haha have you been on this website.. there will be posts after the first round saying “changing of the guard”, “rider x is trash”, rider y is the greatest ever”.. knee jerk reactions is all this place does.
It's not just Vital. It's social media / internet boards in general. Gotta just let it roll off. Responding just perpetuates it.
1/7/2021 5:52am
It will be interesting to see if Dylan and his new team can become the first to really figure out the reverse engined YZ450 in Supercross. So far, the limited success that bike has seen has come at the hands of more bull dog style riders. Either way, history indicates that a rider needs to be strong to make the most of that bike in SX, so I don’t expect much from him this season entering the series with an injury. I hope he proves me wrong. He certainly has the talent to do so.
Motofinne
1/7/2021 6:05am
Motofinne wrote:

Press516 wrote:
Mostly due to his injury... Originally they expected him to be back on the bike about now. He beat that by a few days. So he's...
Mostly due to his injury... Originally they expected him to be back on the bike about now. He beat that by a few days. So he's got about 12 days of SX riding before the gate drop. Compared to everyone else, he's not going to be 100%. Some guys do amazing things, but if I had to bet money on him contending for a title, it wouldn't be this year.
Oh i wouldn't have him for the title even though he would be 100%. Not that many premier class rookies win it! I just think a lot of people have slightly forgotten how good he is!
Detroit Dick
1/7/2021 6:12am
He’s a beast. Love to watch him ride. Expect a few podiums, a win if he holeshots and/or gets a few breaks.
Zycki11
1/7/2021 7:19am
It will be interesting to see if Dylan and his new team can become the first to really figure out the reverse engined YZ450 in Supercross...
It will be interesting to see if Dylan and his new team can become the first to really figure out the reverse engined YZ450 in Supercross. So far, the limited success that bike has seen has come at the hands of more bull dog style riders. Either way, history indicates that a rider needs to be strong to make the most of that bike in SX, so I don’t expect much from him this season entering the series with an injury. I hope he proves me wrong. He certainly has the talent to do so.
According to Plessinger they have changed the bike a lot for the better. We will see
FerCzD
1/7/2021 8:04am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2021 9:58am
Zycki11 wrote:
According to Plessinger they have changed the bike a lot for the better. We will see
Didn't he said that the same last year, and every rider every year like they all do at the beginning of a new season?

I want Plessinger to improve his results and I am a fan of Dylan, only 10 days to go!
Antonioni
1/7/2021 9:05am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2021 10:08am
Motofinne wrote:

A month in less on bike, almost just before the start of the season, while you have to deal with a complete new bike and already shortened offseason (and while Sexton know already very well his bike).

Doubts on the 450YZF at this level of competition.

So far, Dylan can't avoid troubles on starts.

Did not participate at a championship in 450 class (even if it's just in MX), nor rode against this competition.
Dylan does not train (since years) with Roczen or Ciancarulo (last year the most technical riders of this 450 class, for many "experts").
Sexton knows way better the context of this class.

Sexton last two years made huge improvments, more than Dylan.
Don't get me wrong, I prefer Dylan to Sexton. But I think that perhaps at the end of SX 2020 season, Dylan wasn't anymore better on SX races than Sexton (yet, I really wish that in 2021 Dylan will prove to be still the best of both).
Even for the well know Dylan's coach, when you pay really attention to his french interviews, Sexton since 2020, is at the least, as much as technically skilled in SX than Dylan.

That's why these predictions.

But of course, nothing sure, the future remains to be drawn.
visser62
1/7/2021 9:18am
This new wave of kids is something special. AC, Ferrandis, and Sexton seem to have a craftier technique than I've seen on a lot of guys. It's almost like watching a mainstream sport. It looks like they think and move their body around more than other guys between sections of the track, as opposed to Tomac who just manhandles the bike with his superior strength. I think as the kids get older, they'll really push understanding of moto technique, and working with Stew, Wey, and DV is probably helping them in that regard.

Post a reply to: Ferrandis Return?

The Latest