Fellow rider in need of help

12/30/2018 6:11pm Edited Date/Time 2/23/2019 4:20pm
Anything helps guys. Don is an awesome guy who has been dealt a string of bad cards. Just trying to get a great man back on a bike.

https://www.gofundme.com/dons-stolen-motocross?utm_source=facebook&utm_…
|
12/31/2018 6:05pm Edited Date/Time 12/31/2018 6:08pm
$75 insurance policy helps you out on the next bike as well.

$0.21 per day......
Kelz87
Fantasy
1574th
1/1/2019 1:14am
I just recently started the “stolen bike” thread, such a bummer. It’s happened to a lot of people including myself. Hope he gets the bike back, and x2 on the insurance. F*** thieves.
uk125250
1/1/2019 1:34am
A lot of people going through a lot worse than losing their motorcycle.

The Shop

kijen
1/1/2019 6:31am
uk125250 wrote:
Since you are saving they world, I hope you are contributing at least half your pay to help the millions of hungry and volunteering 20 hours a week helping some one else...if so God bless you, if not why not. I'm doing neither, or bashing a guy trying to help a friend.
vetmxr
1/1/2019 9:13am
$75 dollars a year insures each of my bikes........that's cheap peace of mind and really no reason not to get it, and I live in a very low crime area of the country.

Please look into this on your next bike........mine covers everything but modifications.
mxb2
1/1/2019 9:31am
uk125250 wrote:
kijen wrote:
Since you are saving they world, I hope you are contributing at least half your pay to help the millions of hungry and volunteering 20 hours...
Since you are saving they world, I hope you are contributing at least half your pay to help the millions of hungry and volunteering 20 hours a week helping some one else...if so God bless you, if not why not. I'm doing neither, or bashing a guy trying to help a friend.
He is not bashing the guy, sure it sucks, but thats why you insure your stuff. Nobody likes buying insurance, but i dont like losing ,10-30k worth of stuff that should be insured. Owning toys. Either insure them or take the loss.
kijen
1/1/2019 2:29pm
uk125250 wrote:
kijen wrote:
Since you are saving they world, I hope you are contributing at least half your pay to help the millions of hungry and volunteering 20 hours...
mxb2 wrote:
He is not bashing the guy, sure it sucks, but thats why you insure your stuff. Nobody likes buying insurance, but i dont like losing ,10-30k...
He is not bashing the guy, sure it sucks, but thats why you insure your stuff. Nobody likes buying insurance, but i dont like losing ,10-30k worth of stuff that should be insured. Owning toys. Either insure them or take the loss.
His post, much like mine is/was needless, this is a moto forum, a friend is trying to help a moto friend out.....we all know there are much bigger things in life then moto, which has nothing to do with this thread. Save all the saving the world stuff for non moto, just my opinion.
mxb2
1/1/2019 3:06pm
kijen wrote:
mxb2 wrote:
He is not bashing the guy, sure it sucks, but thats why you insure your stuff. Nobody likes buying insurance, but i dont like losing ,10-30k...
kijen wrote:
His post, much like mine is/was needless, this is a moto forum, a friend is trying to help a moto friend out.....we all know there are...
His post, much like mine is/was needless, this is a moto forum, a friend is trying to help a moto friend out.....we all know there are much bigger things in life then moto, which has nothing to do with this thread. Save all the saving the world stuff for non moto, just my opinion.
My post is moto related. Insure your mx bikes.
bad juju
1/1/2019 6:53pm
tough crowd...
Indy mxer
1/2/2019 4:25am
Hate it got stolen, but it's hard to feel sorry for someone not insuring their bike. Really no excuse for not having it.
2/22/2019 11:27pm
Update: Thief is in custody and bikes were returned but are trashed. Dude who stole the bikes also got like 19 other bikes from around the area and apparently his grandfather has bailed him out numerous times in the past. Last I heard, there was an agreement for the grandfather to pay a certain about if he chooses to bail the boy out, but I haven’t talked to them in a week or 2 so something may have changed. The gofundme page will stay up until we know more. Thanks to all who helped
2/23/2019 1:58am
A gofundme to buy a effing dirt bike. Total misuse of the site
2/23/2019 3:11am
A gofundme to buy a effing dirt bike. Total misuse of the site
No reason to be a cunt dude. I’m just trying to help the man out
just James
2/23/2019 3:59am
Trail cameras are fairly cheap, and although they won't keep your junk from being stolen, they will show you who you need to deal with afterwards. ☠
mxb2
2/23/2019 7:01am Edited Date/Time 2/23/2019 7:18am
Update: Thief is in custody and bikes were returned but are trashed. Dude who stole the bikes also got like 19 other bikes from around the...
Update: Thief is in custody and bikes were returned but are trashed. Dude who stole the bikes also got like 19 other bikes from around the area and apparently his grandfather has bailed him out numerous times in the past. Last I heard, there was an agreement for the grandfather to pay a certain about if he chooses to bail the boy out, but I haven’t talked to them in a week or 2 so something may have changed. The gofundme page will stay up until we know more. Thanks to all who helped
Insurance should cover most of the loss. And the courts can order restitution.
2/23/2019 7:14am
Update: Thief is in custody and bikes were returned but are trashed. Dude who stole the bikes also got like 19 other bikes from around the...
mxb2 wrote:
Insurance should cover most of the loss. And the courts can order restitution.
He did not have insurance at the time. Court did order restitution but if Don will only get it if the guy gets bailed out. That’s why we’re keeping the gofundme going. Worst case he can use the gofundme money to fix a few things on the bike, best case he won’t need to and we can refund everyone’s money
2/23/2019 7:23am
Holy screamin' dogshit, batman. I just took a shit, and there was no toilet paper. Had to use my $80 boxers to wipe my ass. They are ruined. I noticed there were no ass wipes in the shitter, but really had to go.

I am looking to get my boxers replaced. Anyone?
racerx217
2/23/2019 7:36am
I am glad the bikes have been found. Hopefully he chooses to fix them up and insure them this time. I have a lingering question though, prob will get flamed but what the hell. The go fund me goal is $14k for two bikes that prob could be replaced for less than 9k...? whats up with that.
Forty
2/23/2019 7:40am
racerx217 wrote:
I am glad the bikes have been found. Hopefully he chooses to fix them up and insure them this time. I have a lingering question though...
I am glad the bikes have been found. Hopefully he chooses to fix them up and insure them this time. I have a lingering question though, prob will get flamed but what the hell. The go fund me goal is $14k for two bikes that prob could be replaced for less than 9k...? whats up with that.
Admin fee
racerx217
2/23/2019 7:51am
racerx217 wrote:
I am glad the bikes have been found. Hopefully he chooses to fix them up and insure them this time. I have a lingering question though...
Forty wrote:
Admin fee
oh forgot we were being asked to cover all the costs
smoothies862
Fantasy
745th
2/23/2019 8:11am
Sucks but as said this isnt a go fund me issue. Get insurance.
Phildo
2/23/2019 9:18am
Insurance is only good for replacing stolen bikes.

Preventing the bike being stolen is a better strategy.

At the very least put a lock on each disc rotor.

Better still, put the bike on a stand, remove the front wheel and store that away from the bike (ie under your bed).

A GPS tracker is also a good way to go.
Forty
2/23/2019 10:49am
Phildo wrote:
Insurance is only good for replacing stolen bikes. Preventing the bike being stolen is a better strategy. At the very least put a lock on each...
Insurance is only good for replacing stolen bikes.

Preventing the bike being stolen is a better strategy.

At the very least put a lock on each disc rotor.

Better still, put the bike on a stand, remove the front wheel and store that away from the bike (ie under your bed).

A GPS tracker is also a good way to go.
KTM will offer the GPS tracker on the 2020.5 factory edition 450
2/23/2019 3:06pm
racerx217 wrote:
Dude has a ton of other things he needs money for, but gofundme takes a percentage and we really wanted to replace exactly what was lost. I didn’t set up the gofundme. Im just the one one trying to spread it around.
2/23/2019 3:11pm
Guys I appreciate all the tips on security and insurance but it’s not my shit, I don’t need advice. I’m simply sharing a link to gofundme that someone else made for the guy.
Frank
2/23/2019 4:10pm
A Go Fund Me page and thread to get free money for a hobby? Fucks sake this is epitome of why the usa is the worst country on the planet.
2/23/2019 4:19pm
Frank wrote:
A Go Fund Me page and thread to get free money for a hobby? Fucks sake this is epitome of why the usa is the worst...
A Go Fund Me page and thread to get free money for a hobby? Fucks sake this is epitome of why the usa is the worst country on the planet.
Man there’s really more to it that that. It’s kind of hard to explain everything without going into sensitive personal info so I won’t. You can take it how you want.

Post a reply to: Fellow rider in need of help

The Latest