Feld

Related:
Create New Tag

3/20/2020 10:10 AM

|

3/20/2020 10:13 AM

Ughhh.... You know that wasn't an easy move to make.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

3/20/2020 10:17 AM

Now they can file for unemployment and get off the payroll while Feld is bleeding money

|

3/20/2020 10:18 AM

Indian_Dunes_4ever wrote:

Ughhh.... You know that wasn't an easy move to make.

Actually, the scary part is from a business standpoint it probably WAS an easy move to make. On the people side, of course it is hard.

|

3/20/2020 10:26 AM

StartedTooLate wrote:

Actually, the scary part is from a business standpoint it probably WAS an easy move to make. On the people side, of course it is hard.

No it's not an easy choice, watching your business go to shit and sending people home is not taken lightly.

Like Dave said, they can go apply for unemployment hopefully have enough to get through and the company survives to rehire them.

|

3/20/2020 11:05 AM

Here are some details for Florida -
http://www.floridajobs.org/docs/default-source/ra-dua-documentation/dua-faqs-3-17-20-updates.pdf?sfvrsn=805543b0_4

Previously to file you would need to prove that you are ready, willing, able and actively seeking employment. Many states are suspending that responsibility temporarily. In NJ they are also providing temporary, partial unemployment if you are still working but have reduced hours.

Everyone should check with the website in your state regarding employment and not go by what they heard on social media or listening to some talk show.

Relax and get the facts, then make a plan on how you'll get through this.

|

Check out my projects - Lukaitis Photo - NJ Motocross - The Moto Pages

For help with motorsports marketing, media, and management visit ScottLukaitis.com

3/20/2020 11:16 AM

Man there are going to be some tough times all across this continent. Stay calm moto bros, keep your distances, and ride this out as best you can.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

3/20/2020 11:16 AM

This is the only choice to keep the company solvent and able to stage events in 2021 and beyond.

|

3/20/2020 11:32 AM

hamncheeze wrote:

Man there are going to be some tough times all across this continent. Stay calm moto bros, keep your distances, and ride this out as best you can.

All across the world. Same things are happening in sweden. Volvo are letting go of 20.000 employees today.

This is crazy and not sure how i feel about all this. One side of me thinks this quarantinen is bull shit, this is not worse than the flu.

Another part of me thinks this might be necessary.

|

3/20/2020 11:35 AM

Why would any Nation's leader tank their economy and citizens if not necessary?

|

3/20/2020 12:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 3/20/2020 12:20 PM

PALMETTO, Fla. (WWSB ) - Feld Entertainment has shut down all of their tours and is laying off staff across the company.

In an email sent companywide Friday morning, company officials said due to "unprecedented and widespread government-mandated closures of public gatherings," they've been forced to shut down all of their tours.

Feld says they hope to resume operations, but they have no idea when that could be so officials made the "difficult decisions to reduce the size of our workforce through companywide layoffs."

At this point, it’s unclear how many people lost their jobs. Officials said affected employees would be contacted by their supervisor.

Feld Entertainment’s current productions are Monster Jam, Monster Energy AMA Supercross, Disney On Ice, Disney Live, Marvel Universe Live, Sesame Street Live, The Trolls Experience, and Jurassic World Live Tour.

|

3/20/2020 12:36 PM

That’s horrible for anyone involved. This is going to be rough for people. In CA unemployment is maxed out at $450 a week if you made enough to qualify for that amount. It can be a lot lower if you are minimum wage with no OT. You are only allotted a certain amount of money so when that amount runs out you have no more unemployment. Again, dependent on how much you made. Unemployment is also taxable.

I hope anyone who lost their jobs can land back on their feet during these crazy times. And I hope any of you that are still working are able to continue on to provide for your families!

|

3/20/2020 12:37 PM

Doing the lay-off so we can get our money back for the canceled races haha. Anybody else still waiting for a refund?

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

3/21/2020 6:58 AM

Adam43 wrote:

This is the only choice to keep the company solvent and able to stage events in 2021 and beyond.

After decades of profits, why is this the "only" way?

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

3/21/2020 7:48 AM

It is just awful... I guess we all are in for a hell of a ride (even without bike)

|

- Filthy Euro
- Silly prankster
- Life-long Zook fan
- Rooting for all privateers on this rotating ball of carbon, hydrogen, silicon and poop

3/21/2020 8:07 AM

"Sources tell FOX 13 nearly 90 percent of their staff was laid off. Many were entertainers."

That tells me that they laid off a bunch of ice skaters.

|

3/21/2020 8:18 AM

Basically less than a month into this and Feld lays off 90% of its employees? NINETY friggin percent? What a horseshit company. Fuck Feld.

|

3/21/2020 8:38 AM

You don’t need to fuck Feld as they already have been....You might as well say fuck all the teams and their racers too. How about fuck all the mom and pop hop-up shops for laying off their employees?ermm...can we say fuck everyone that can’t pay their bills while they’re out of work?...or maybe they’re just doing what they can to survive to work another day.

|

3/21/2020 8:59 AM

FE had over $1B in revue last year alone. And they dump 90% of their employees. Real family entertainment company.

|

3/21/2020 9:09 AM

I have a friend who skated for Disney on Ice. She and all her other fellow skaters found out the news from the press. Not one notification by email or any of her higher ups. Sad deal.

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

3/21/2020 9:46 AM

MOTO1313 wrote:

Basically less than a month into this and Feld lays off 90% of its employees? NINETY friggin percent? What a horseshit company. Fuck Feld.

You're kidding right? Take a look around and see how many companies are laying off people due to the economic death spriral we're in. It's called survival...or at least attempting to survive.

|

Support those who protect us....our military, law enforcement and 1st responders.

3/21/2020 10:04 AM

How angry will some of you be when you find out Feld laid off 90% of their staff....but Ralph Sheehan wasn’t one of them?!laughing

|

3/21/2020 10:15 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/21/2020 10:16 AM

MOTO1313 wrote:

You're kidding right? Take a look around and see how many companies are laying off people due to the economic death spriral we're in. It's called survival...or at least attempting to survive.

I guess. Businesses that rely on large groups to survive are basically in huge trouble. But a multi-billion dollar company you'd think would treat their employees a bit better than this.

|

3/21/2020 10:38 AM

MOTO1313 wrote:

MOTO1313 wrote:

I guess. Businesses that rely on large groups to survive are basically in huge trouble. But a multi-billion dollar company you'd think would treat their employees a bit better than this.

Unless you see their books you have no idea what they can or can’t afford to do

|

3/21/2020 10:41 AM

MOTO1313 wrote:

Are you just stupid or do you have a mental disability of some sort ? No money coming in means no money to go out. When they can start putting on races and shows again then they will bring back employees and this way the laid off employees can get unemployment so they have some cash flow until things start getting back to normal.

|

Ed Johnson

3/21/2020 11:30 AM

MOTO1313 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

Are you just stupid or do you have a mental disability of some sort ? No money coming in means no money to go out. When they can start putting on races and shows again then they will bring back employees and this way the laid off employees can get unemployment so they have some cash flow until things start getting back to normal.

I'm a CPA dude. So, people better hope I don't have a mental disability. My point was... it was REAL fast to dump 90% of its employees for a company as big as FELD and some (most) employees didn't even know they were let go from FELD until they found out third hand. FELD is a shit company for doing what and how they did it. Get it genius??? Now...I'm just throwing out a word...it means nothing to anyone except one person. FUCKTARD.

|

3/21/2020 11:37 AM

Motoxdoc wrote:

How angry will some of you be when you find out Feld laid off 90% of their staff....but Ralph Sheehan wasn’t one of them?!laughing

Ralph doesn't work for Feld.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

3/21/2020 12:05 PM

MOTO1313 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

MOTO1313 wrote:

I'm a CPA dude. So, people better hope I don't have a mental disability. My point was... it was REAL fast to dump 90% of its employees for a company as big as FELD and some (most) employees didn't even know they were let go from FELD until they found out third hand. FELD is a shit company for doing what and how they did it. Get it genius??? Now...I'm just throwing out a word...it means nothing to anyone except one person. FUCKTARD.

Then you must just be stupid. Believe me Feld has their own accounting departments and they are a hell of a lot smarter than you and they make business decisions based on the market and what is going on right now and not on emotions. Feld will be back and so will their employees buy you unfortunately will still be just plain stupid, and no Feld is not a"shit" company like you want to believe.

|

Ed Johnson

3/21/2020 12:36 PM

lostboy819 wrote:

MOTO1313 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

Then you must just be stupid. Believe me Feld has their own accounting departments and they are a hell of a lot smarter than you and they make business decisions based on the market and what is going on right now and not on emotions. Feld will be back and so will their employees buy you unfortunately will still be just plain stupid, and no Feld is not a"shit" company like you want to believe.

Lol...you must be a financial fucking genius. You better learn what reading comprehension means lostgirl.

|

3/22/2020 12:37 AM

MOTO1313 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:

MOTO1313 wrote:

I am a CPA and do has a mental disability/illness. It’s possible. However, I am a very good accountant and I agree with your post. Unfortunately, my opinion is that Feld still functions as they did back in the Circus/Carny days, where labor wasn’t valued and Feld was all about the shareholders (themselves). You would think that Feld would have the financial means to hold on a little longer. They better not expect a taxpayer bailout.

|