Felds scripted reply in the night show

ACBraap
Fantasy
505th
2/10/2019 11:15am
Gregory wrote:
Here’s 5k for your 15k bike we ruined.. swell job Feld! I get some bikes and injuries are worse than others. Seriously though, I’m sure some...
Here’s 5k for your 15k bike we ruined.. swell job Feld!

I get some bikes and injuries are worse than others. Seriously though, I’m sure some guys are cool with the 5 grand, while others, are like WTF?
I agree, doesn't seem like it would take much for the damage to have exceeded 5K. Some suspension coatings on A kit parts that needs redoing, all the finishes on the engine/frame/wheel components being f'd up, let alone if any of them had actual doctor bills. Perhaps instead of 5K, it should be 'bring us the bills for your repairs and we'll cover them'.

Feld had really better be hoping none of the ktm junior kids got burned, or that'll be the PR nightmare of all nightmares.
Doddy
2/10/2019 11:37am
ACBraap wrote:
I agree, doesn't seem like it would take much for the damage to have exceeded 5K. Some suspension coatings on A kit parts that needs redoing...
I agree, doesn't seem like it would take much for the damage to have exceeded 5K. Some suspension coatings on A kit parts that needs redoing, all the finishes on the engine/frame/wheel components being f'd up, let alone if any of them had actual doctor bills. Perhaps instead of 5K, it should be 'bring us the bills for your repairs and we'll cover them'.

Feld had really better be hoping none of the ktm junior kids got burned, or that'll be the PR nightmare of all nightmares.
At least a few kids did get burned. Some pictures were posted on here days ago. Surprised I have not heard/seen much more about it other than the Pulp show on Monday.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
2/10/2019 11:44am
It’s over, you guys need to find something new to complain about.
Gregory
2/10/2019 11:52am
UpTiTe wrote:
It’s over, you guys need to find something new to complain about.
It’s not over. It’s just beginning!

If it was your son or daughter who got burned, would you just tell them, “it’s over, move on” I think it’s a long was from being over.

Wish we had the coverage real pro sports get! Can you Imagine this happening in a real pro sport? Lol moto is not a real sport. It’s run by promoters that dictate what happens. No commitee, no oversite, no checks and balances, the promoter gets what the promoter wants, no matter what!

If one rider knew there was thar much lime going on the track and they questioned it, think anything would of changed? The whole industry dropped the ball on this one.

The Shop

JB 19
2/10/2019 11:58am
The whole segment made me mad. Very mad. So mad I didn't watch the race. I may even overreact as much as possible and sell my bikes. I'm just really mad.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
2/10/2019 12:06pm
Gregory wrote:
It’s not over. It’s just beginning! If it was your son or daughter who got burned, would you just tell them, “it’s over, move on” I...

If it was your son or daughter who got burned, would you just tell them, “it’s over, move on” I think it’s a long was from being over.

Wish we had the coverage real pro sports get! Can you Imagine this happening in a real pro sport? Lol moto is not a real sport. It’s run by promoters that dictate what happens. No commitee, no oversite, no checks and balances, the promoter gets what the promoter wants, no matter what!

If one rider knew there was thar much lime going on the track and they questioned it, think anything would of changed? The whole industry dropped the ball on this one.
FELD didn’t do it on purpose and came out and apologized and no rider is doing anything so essentially, yes it’s over.

Unless a rider finds a lawyer that will take it as a class action suit, it’s over.
jstein639
2/10/2019 12:15pm
Gregory wrote:
It’s not over. It’s just beginning! If it was your son or daughter who got burned, would you just tell them, “it’s over, move on” I...

UpTiTe wrote:
FELD didn’t do it on purpose and came out and apologized and no rider is doing anything so essentially, yes it’s over. Unless a rider finds...
FELD didn’t do it on purpose and came out and apologized and no rider is doing anything so essentially, yes it’s over.

Unless a rider finds a lawyer that will take it as a class action suit, it’s over.
We won’t know for a year. The riders have quite a while to decide what they want to do.
2/10/2019 12:36pm
Anyone chirping off about the riders being whiners or that Felds reply wasn’t ridiculous and scripted, and that Ralph and Ricky‘s scripted reply didn’t sound stupid...
Anyone chirping off about the riders being whiners or that Felds reply wasn’t ridiculous and scripted, and that Ralph and Ricky‘s scripted reply didn’t sound stupid is lying to themselves.

I didn’t say that it wasn’t due to “fear of litigation” or “keeping from being sued”

They are just doing their job, I guess. But, if it’s going to be that phoney and scripted, maybe say nothing at all. I guarantee most of the riders.... you know...the main reason for the nights entertainment and the guys that are horribly underpaid for the show they put on.... all scoffed at how bad it was.

Once again, the riders get shafted. We motocross racers definitely aren’t the smartest people.
APLMAN99 wrote:
I haven't seen anyone say it wasn't scripted. It would have been stupid of them NOT to have rehearsed their response to the issue. Again, did...
I haven't seen anyone say it wasn't scripted. It would have been stupid of them NOT to have rehearsed their response to the issue. Again, did you really think that the broadcast was going to ambush a Feld/AMA/FIM rep with a hot mic and start demanding off the cuff answers?

Really?
I guess you have a higher affinity towards phoney than I do. Carry on.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
2/10/2019 12:37pm
Gregory wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:
FELD didn’t do it on purpose and came out and apologized and no rider is doing anything so essentially, yes it’s over. Unless a rider finds...

jstein639 wrote:
We won’t know for a year. The riders have quite a while to decide what they want to do.
Not if they take the 5k, like some have done. The more that take the money, the less power they have. If one riders goes to a lawyer, he won’t get past the first meeting.
jstein639
2/10/2019 12:42pm
UpTiTe wrote:

jstein639 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Not if they take the 5k, like some have done. The more that take the money, the less power they have. If one riders goes to...
Not if they take the 5k, like some have done. The more that take the money, the less power they have. If one riders goes to a lawyer, he won’t get past the first meeting.
I have absolutely no desire to get into this battle with you.

Carry on
APLMAN99
2/10/2019 12:45pm
Anyone chirping off about the riders being whiners or that Felds reply wasn’t ridiculous and scripted, and that Ralph and Ricky‘s scripted reply didn’t sound stupid...
Anyone chirping off about the riders being whiners or that Felds reply wasn’t ridiculous and scripted, and that Ralph and Ricky‘s scripted reply didn’t sound stupid is lying to themselves.

I didn’t say that it wasn’t due to “fear of litigation” or “keeping from being sued”

They are just doing their job, I guess. But, if it’s going to be that phoney and scripted, maybe say nothing at all. I guarantee most of the riders.... you know...the main reason for the nights entertainment and the guys that are horribly underpaid for the show they put on.... all scoffed at how bad it was.

Once again, the riders get shafted. We motocross racers definitely aren’t the smartest people.
APLMAN99 wrote:
I haven't seen anyone say it wasn't scripted. It would have been stupid of them NOT to have rehearsed their response to the issue. Again, did...
I haven't seen anyone say it wasn't scripted. It would have been stupid of them NOT to have rehearsed their response to the issue. Again, did you really think that the broadcast was going to ambush a Feld/AMA/FIM rep with a hot mic and start demanding off the cuff answers?

Really?
I guess you have a higher affinity towards phoney than I do. Carry on.
So you really DID expect an impromptu, aggressive "interview"? Holy cow, I was sort of being rhetorical but damn.....

You're reading into things what you want to. Just like your saying that people are denying that it was scripted, even though no one has remotely inferred that.

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
2/10/2019 12:45pm
jstein639 wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Not if they take the 5k, like some have done. The more that take the money, the less power they have. If one riders goes to...
jstein639 wrote:
I have absolutely no desire to get into this battle with you.

Carry on
You’re arguing with your heart, you can’t see logic.

Gregory
2/10/2019 1:20pm
Gregory wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

Just because you don’t hear about what’s going on, doesn’t mean nothing is going on. Fact is there is at least a few guys are who are not taking the 5k.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
2/10/2019 1:42pm
Gregory wrote:

UpTiTe wrote:

Gregory wrote:
Just because you don’t hear about what’s going on, doesn’t mean nothing is going on. Fact is there is at least a few guys are who...
Just because you don’t hear about what’s going on, doesn’t mean nothing is going on. Fact is there is at least a few guys are who are not taking the 5k.
A few guys will get nothing done.
Gregory
2/10/2019 1:52pm
UpTiTe wrote:

Gregory wrote:
Just because you don’t hear about what’s going on, doesn’t mean nothing is going on. Fact is there is at least a few guys are who...
UpTiTe wrote:
Guess it just depends on who the few guys are, doesn’t it?
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
2/10/2019 1:59pm
Gregory wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Gregory wrote:
No, no matter who they are, a few guys won’t get anything done.

Let me ask, what exactly do you want done?
MXD
2/10/2019 2:03pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2019 2:06pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Gregory wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:

My guess is that the $5000 per rider doesn’t cover all of the damages and medical bills. I’d be surprised if a law suit wouldn’t net a much higher sum to cover all of that. I also heard Bowers on the pulp show allude to feeling sick after Vegas every year and now he understands why. That comment stuck out to me. I have no inside info but I bet this won’t just go away for 5k per rider. I’m no legal scholar but I would also think that accepting the 5k would come with some admission that it is settled. Let’s see who takes the money and who doesn’t.
Gregory
2/10/2019 2:09pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Gregory wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:

I don’t care what gets done, if the riders are dumb enough to settle for 5k for 10k in damages, that’s on them.

Feld admitted to screwing up, they shouldn’t be the ones who dictate what the punishment should be.

5k will be good for some guys, not so much for others.

Just give the riders what they deserve.

Don’t think it’s right for a guy who didn’t get too much damage to himself and his ride, to get the same amount as a guy who had skin burns and more than 5k in damage to his bike.
TeamGreen
2/10/2019 2:20pm
There’s a lot of wannabe Moto-Lawyers in here. Classic.

Talked to some of the riders this week...even last night. They’re working on a solution with Feld.

People who got the worst of it...amongst the pro-privateers, like Tevin Tapia, have neither the time nor the inclination to be the “little angry bitches” some of you...in here...seem to need to be.

Instead, as previously said...they’re working on a “solution”.
JustMX
2/10/2019 2:27pm
They did a nice job of trying to make a pr save. I'll be a believer when the riders post on social media how well they...
They did a nice job of trying to make a pr save. I'll be a believer when the riders post on social media how well they get taken care of. If it wasn't that big of a deal they wouldn't have suspended using the stuff because after all they have been using it forever.
Haha....

You think they aren't requiring a non-disclosure agreement to anybody that accepts a settlement?

There will be some that ask for more and will probably get it if they provide proof of their damages.

Feld's team will make it clear to them if they reveal their settlement it will be rescinded.

That is how this works. If they decide to tweet about it after accepting it then it puts it at risk and would more than likely make it even harder for them to litigate for another settlement.
Gregory
2/10/2019 2:32pm
TeamGreen wrote:
There’s a lot of wannabe Moto-Lawyers in here. Classic. Talked to some of the riders this week...even last night. They’re working on a solution with Feld...

Talked to some of the riders this week...even last night. They’re working on a solution with Feld.

People who got the worst of it...amongst the pro-privateers, like Tevin Tapia, have neither the time nor the inclination to be the “little angry bitches” some of you...in here...seem to need to be.

But the solution isn’t 5k!
2/10/2019 2:50pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2019 3:05pm
TeamGreen wrote:
There’s a lot of wannabe Moto-Lawyers in here. Classic. Talked to some of the riders this week...even last night. They’re working on a solution with Feld...

It’s a discussion board where opinions are shared. Isn’t that the idea?
500guy
2/10/2019 4:21pm
UpTiTe wrote:

it seems to me a bunch of them want Feld AMA and the FIM burnt at the stake, Broken financially and then they can watch Mexican Soccer on Saturdays.
Lucifa.
2/10/2019 4:30pm
TeamGreen wrote:

It’s a discussion board where opinions are shared. Isn’t that the idea?
Lime boner.
Lucifa.
2/10/2019 4:32pm
There sure is a lot of "Lime boner" in here.
eGGz
2/10/2019 4:33pm
motoman617 wrote:
Yeah it looked really scripted and awkward but you know they didn’t have to put this in the show at all. Most people watching the show...
Yeah it looked really scripted and awkward but you know they didn’t have to put this in the show at all. Most people watching the show probably didn’t know anything about the whole situation anyway.
If Feld wanted to make a statement, they could simply make a statement. Instead they stage a fake infomercial style interview.
SLOWTIME
2/10/2019 4:52pm
Felt like I was watching 20/20. It was a weird unpleasant feeling.
Premix
2/10/2019 5:39pm
Forrest B not pulling any punches. He’s not wrong....

2/10/2019 5:46pm
I have a relative who holds a high position with the Boilermakers Union, his first response was, “It’s a federal law that requires them to show the MSDS to anyone participating in the event that will be in contact with any caustic material.”

If Feld doesn’t have their paperwork in line they should be offering more than 5K, it will save them money in the long run. If they bite the bullet and give them each (95 riders) 20k it would be 1.9 million. Still less than the payout at MEC last year.

Post a reply to: Felds scripted reply in the night show

The Latest