Feld's press release on the Lime.....Happening today I guess?

sumdood
Fantasy
1267th
2/5/2019 12:33pm
Feld - Can we toss out a few quarts and call it good ?

Brent
2/5/2019 12:37pm

"The well-being of our members is a top priority of the AMA,"

Haha I just spit my coffee out...

The Shop

2/5/2019 12:37pm
tprice07 wrote:
They will acknowledge there was an issue caused by a drying agent that was applied by someone they contracted to assist with drying the track. They...
They will acknowledge there was an issue caused by a drying agent that was applied by someone they contracted to assist with drying the track.
They will apologize (without admitting guilt) on behalf of that contractor and state steps have been taken to ensure this never happens again.

If anyone takes legal action against them I'm almost positive the paperwork riders sign before the event will protect them. I'm sure the papers they sign say something about in the event of an injury, whether caused by the rider, track crew, track obstacle, etc...
Can you put paperwork forward to cover negligence?
tprice07 wrote:
I'm sure they have tried to cover their ass in every way possible. That said, if riders do in fact take action against Feld and win...they...
I'm sure they have tried to cover their ass in every way possible.

That said, if riders do in fact take action against Feld and win...they may not be allowed to race for them ever again.

Either way, Feld doesn't build the tracks. They are smart, they contract everything. If something happens it's on someone else, not them.
I don’t doubt that if anyone did try, it would be tied up in courts for so long it would make it difficult/impossible for privateers especially.
As for not being allowed to race for them, could argue it’s prohibiting someone making a living, especially if it’s a top guy/team.
Brent
2/5/2019 12:39pm
Brent wrote:
What makes anyone think Feld will release anything that will show liability? I’m more interested in what the City of San Diego says about contaminated runoff...
What makes anyone think Feld will release anything that will show liability?

I’m more interested in what the City of San Diego says about contaminated runoff. That stuff could cause problems with The infrastructure at Petco Park...
KHI Guy wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/05/323454/s1200_8ca193ce_7a89_47e9_b0bc_5741bfd55ba0_4.fa640bba38498967055e50f9bbd5c677.png_4899bc9b687cdefd9f45d7e357f42f144aa8bc11_crushed_450x450.jpg[/img] This stuff should take care of it.

This stuff should take care of it.
I love that stuff, maybe Kenny is taking a bath in it today.
tprice07
2/5/2019 12:41pm
Can you put paperwork forward to cover negligence?
tprice07 wrote:
I'm sure they have tried to cover their ass in every way possible. That said, if riders do in fact take action against Feld and win...they...
I'm sure they have tried to cover their ass in every way possible.

That said, if riders do in fact take action against Feld and win...they may not be allowed to race for them ever again.

Either way, Feld doesn't build the tracks. They are smart, they contract everything. If something happens it's on someone else, not them.
I don’t doubt that if anyone did try, it would be tied up in courts for so long it would make it difficult/impossible for privateers especially...
I don’t doubt that if anyone did try, it would be tied up in courts for so long it would make it difficult/impossible for privateers especially.
As for not being allowed to race for them, could argue it’s prohibiting someone making a living, especially if it’s a top guy/team.
I don't believe Feld is responsible for providing a professional motocross/supercross rider with a job. They can move to Canada or go run MXGP.

If you have a malpractice suit against a hospital they ask you to remove your records and deny you future service. I would have to imagine it would be similar in this situation.

Either way, the AMA release a statement basically stating they are looking for more information on the matter to see the scale of it.
newmann
2/5/2019 12:44pm
Brent wrote:

That's why they spend all their members money fighting frivolous pissing match lawsuits, squandering funds to repeal helmet laws and killed off the 2 stroke and most importantly the 125 class with their double displacement 4 stroke rules. Not to mention the ones that were embezzling money. Did I miss anything?
JAFO92
2/5/2019 12:46pm
newmann wrote:
That's why they spend all their members money fighting frivolous pissing match lawsuits, squandering funds to repeal helmet laws and killed off the 2 stroke and...
That's why they spend all their members money fighting frivolous pissing match lawsuits, squandering funds to repeal helmet laws and killed off the 2 stroke and most importantly the 125 class with their double displacement 4 stroke rules. Not to mention the ones that were embezzling money. Did I miss anything?
Yep, pretty accurate.
jeffro503
2/5/2019 12:50pm
I didn't think about this before , but isn't the main objective's supposed to be for the AMA / FIM.....to protect rider's from these types of things? If i'm not mistaken , their whole identity is based on this , right?
jeffro503
2/5/2019 12:52pm
Brent wrote:

newmann wrote:
That's why they spend all their members money fighting frivolous pissing match lawsuits, squandering funds to repeal helmet laws and killed off the 2 stroke and...
Freakin' Joe coming in swingin' hay makers! Laughing
delonick347
2/5/2019 1:00pm
As much as I want to see the riders band together and stand up, perhaps protest\not race etc..., there will always be an eager bunch of racers looking to take advantage of an underpopulated starting gate. Pro SX racers are a lime a dozen. *badump-psh!
Sir
2/5/2019 1:03pm
tprice07 wrote:
I don't believe Feld is responsible for providing a professional motocross/supercross rider with a job. They can move to Canada or go run MXGP. If you...
I don't believe Feld is responsible for providing a professional motocross/supercross rider with a job. They can move to Canada or go run MXGP.

If you have a malpractice suit against a hospital they ask you to remove your records and deny you future service. I would have to imagine it would be similar in this situation.

Either way, the AMA release a statement basically stating they are looking for more information on the matter to see the scale of it.
But seeing as supercross now comes under the FIM umbrella and is designated as a world championship could Feld do such a thing - to prohibit a rider from competing in an FIM sanctioned championship?

This is one occasion where unlike its circus performers Feld does not want to be in the limelight.
JAFO92
2/5/2019 1:13pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Freakin' Joe coming in swingin' hay makers! Laughing
Its kinda easy when the truth is behind you.

Facts is facts
tprice07
2/5/2019 1:17pm
tprice07 wrote:
I don't believe Feld is responsible for providing a professional motocross/supercross rider with a job. They can move to Canada or go run MXGP. If you...

Sir wrote:
But seeing as supercross now comes under the FIM umbrella and is designated as a world championship could Feld do such a thing - to prohibit...
But seeing as supercross now comes under the FIM umbrella and is designated as a world championship could Feld do such a thing - to prohibit a rider from competing in an FIM sanctioned championship?

This is one occasion where unlike its circus performers Feld does not want to be in the limelight.
No idea, based on the AMA's release I'm hopeful that they will contact the riders individually and attempt to make it right. They can't fix the burns but they can compensate riders for their equipment.
Press516
Fantasy
90th
2/5/2019 1:50pm
The AMA statement reads almost lime it didn't even happen...
MOTO732
2/5/2019 1:55pm
The AMA won't do shit. This is one reason I am no longer an AMA member. When was the last time they did one thing to help this sport?
Teejay
Fantasy
890th
2/5/2019 2:00pm
I’ve had a look onlime but can’t find any more on it, looks like we’ll just have to draw a lime under it for now.
Looby321
2/5/2019 2:06pm
KHI Guy wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/02/05/323454/s1200_8ca193ce_7a89_47e9_b0bc_5741bfd55ba0_4.fa640bba38498967055e50f9bbd5c677.png_4899bc9b687cdefd9f45d7e357f42f144aa8bc11_crushed_450x450.jpg[/img] This stuff should take care of it.

This stuff should take care of it.
I used this to get rid of crabs back in the day. Burned like a mofo, but worked??
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
2/5/2019 2:11pm
MOTO732 wrote:
The AMA won't do shit. This is one reason I am no longer an AMA member. When was the last time they did one thing to...
The AMA won't do shit. This is one reason I am no longer an AMA member. When was the last time they did one thing to help this sport?
Exactly why I won't join unless I am randomly able to race the one local race that is AMA sanctioned. Only time I join. So about once ever 4-5 years, if not longer.
2/5/2019 2:59pm
Wonder how the KTM junior rides fared in this?
Supposedly Feld is reaching out to the parents today to inquire about doctor bills and damaged equipment costs....
yz76
2/5/2019 3:02pm
Is the statement still coming?
DonM
2/5/2019 3:02pm
Supposedly Feld is reaching out to the parents today to inquire about doctor bills and damaged equipment costs....
What equipment? Everything is supplied by KTM and Troy Lee...
2/5/2019 3:06pm
DonM wrote:
If someone can find the instagram of the Mom who had a burnt toe and the kid with a burnt back, she is another parent who confirms this. By equipment, maybe they are referring to anything else like gear, cameras, etc.
2/5/2019 3:16pm
Why are people complaining about the AMA in here? I get it, sheep mentality and all that typical BS, but they literally have nothing to do with this.
DonM
2/5/2019 3:16pm
DonM wrote:
If someone can find the instagram of the Mom who had a burnt toe and the kid with a burnt back, she is another parent who...
If someone can find the instagram of the Mom who had a burnt toe and the kid with a burnt back, she is another parent who confirms this. By equipment, maybe they are referring to anything else like gear, cameras, etc.
Some kids had rashes and irritation...I was only commenting on the equipment side as everything is supplied for the riders...bikes, gear, helmets, boots and googles...
2/5/2019 3:25pm
DonM wrote:
If someone can find the instagram of the Mom who had a burnt toe and the kid with a burnt back, she is another parent who...
DonM wrote:
Some kids had rashes and irritation...I was only commenting on the equipment side as everything is supplied for the riders...bikes, gear, helmets, boots and googles...
Here's one of the parents confirming:

Post a reply to: Feld's press release on the Lime.....Happening today I guess?

The Latest