Feld moved monster truck world finals to Orlando, would they move SX as well??

biscuit11
New stadium going up in Vegas so not sure what the future holds for Sam Boyd. The world finals is a week after the SX season finale and in years past feld only had to rent 1 stadium to make it happen. Now the world finals is in Orlando so feld has 2 venues they are paying to bring in dirt and move it out. Could the last SX race be moved to FL??? Would save feld money and would also have more seats since Sam Boyd sells out cause it is so small.
|
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/12/2019 7:58am
I've heard we're moving to the new Vegas stadium and just with how the industry is laid out for teams and OEMs, I think they will lean to keeping the finals on the West coast.
biscuit11
5/12/2019 8:03am Edited Date/Time 5/12/2019 8:03am
I see the logic behind keeping it on west coast. I do know Orlando is gaining steam right now in the sports world, just got the NFL pro bowl a couple years back and now Monster Jam world finals. The stadium was ghost town a few years ago before the massive remodel. Just seen the other day Orlando #1 tourist destination in USA not New York, LA, Vegas. Family friendly city as well with the theme parks... ahhh i guess ill keep dreaming lol at least FL gets an outdoor race this year. I had a blast at the MXGP race.
MXMattii
5/12/2019 8:05am
ML512 wrote:
I've heard we're moving to the new Vegas stadium and just with how the industry is laid out for teams and OEMs, I think they will...
I've heard we're moving to the new Vegas stadium and just with how the industry is laid out for teams and OEMs, I think they will lean to keeping the finals on the West coast.
When is that new stadium ready? I'm a nerd interested in new stadiums... No joke! The stadium would be ready in 2020 but in Belgium stadiums are always delivered late, so any updates? :-D

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/12/2019 8:43am
ML512 wrote:
I've heard we're moving to the new Vegas stadium and just with how the industry is laid out for teams and OEMs, I think they will...
MXMattii wrote:
When is that new stadium ready? I'm a nerd interested in new stadiums... No joke! The stadium would be ready in 2020 but in Belgium stadiums...
When is that new stadium ready? I'm a nerd interested in new stadiums... No joke! The stadium would be ready in 2020 but in Belgium stadiums are always delivered late, so any updates? :-D
Mid to late 2020. So I think our first outing in it will be Monster Cup for 2020, the season finally in 2020 will likely still be in Sam Boyd.
brocster
5/12/2019 8:49am
biscuit11 wrote:
New stadium going up in Vegas so not sure what the future holds for Sam Boyd. The world finals is a week after the SX season...
New stadium going up in Vegas so not sure what the future holds for Sam Boyd. The world finals is a week after the SX season finale and in years past feld only had to rent 1 stadium to make it happen. Now the world finals is in Orlando so feld has 2 venues they are paying to bring in dirt and move it out. Could the last SX race be moved to FL??? Would save feld money and would also have more seats since Sam Boyd sells out cause it is so small.
I have been to sam boyd a few times in the last few years and don’t remember it ever being sold out.
5/12/2019 9:12am
biscuit11 wrote:
New stadium going up in Vegas so not sure what the future holds for Sam Boyd. The world finals is a week after the SX season...
I would say the Monster Truck move to Orlando has more to do with the following two things..

1. Feld is headquarterd in Ellenton, about 2hr drive to Orlando, where all the execs can attend and invite all their major sponsors (who are willing to attend because they can bring their families and make a work vacation out of it), and do some smooshin for more sponsor money for the upcoming season.

2. The Florida market just screams “I love monster trucks!”. Have you seen the amount of want-to-be redneck goobers driving their lifted trucks around Central Florida? Or drivin down 17-92 in Sanford and seen the mega truck dealers on both sides of the road where every truck is lifted, and people come from all around to buy themselves a lifted truck with bling bling wheels?

I won’t hold my breath for Supercross to come back to Orlando. I believe the monster truck and supercross series’ are mutually exclusive.
mxbrian15
5/12/2019 10:39am
I overheard some talk about MEC eventually being moved to Orlando. Not saying it’s true, but I would love it!
line-up
5/12/2019 1:26pm
ML512 wrote:
Mid to late 2020. So I think our first outing in it will be Monster Cup for 2020, the season finally in 2020 will likely still...
Mid to late 2020. So I think our first outing in it will be Monster Cup for 2020, the season finally in 2020 will likely still be in Sam Boyd.
If 2020 MEC is not moved to Southern California....
5/12/2019 2:01pm
biscuit11 wrote:
I see the logic behind keeping it on west coast. I do know Orlando is gaining steam right now in the sports world, just got the...
I see the logic behind keeping it on west coast. I do know Orlando is gaining steam right now in the sports world, just got the NFL pro bowl a couple years back and now Monster Jam world finals. The stadium was ghost town a few years ago before the massive remodel. Just seen the other day Orlando #1 tourist destination in USA not New York, LA, Vegas. Family friendly city as well with the theme parks... ahhh i guess ill keep dreaming lol at least FL gets an outdoor race this year. I had a blast at the MXGP race.
How's the stadium now? I was there, probably in the neighborhood of 2006 for Supercross. Sketchy neighborhood and pretty dated facilities.
500 Mike
5/12/2019 3:03pm
If there is more money in it for Feld, rest assured, it will happen.
bvm111
5/12/2019 3:12pm
Raiders are scheduled to play in the new stadium for the 2020 season but who knows or cares about that I know I don’t. Everything that I have heard from my contacts at UNLV are that both MEC and the finals will be in the new stadium starting next year. The stadium currently is above ground with what looks like almost all the major steel and concrete work completed. It is located directly across the interstate from Mandalay Bay in what could be described as the worst location possible with what I have been told as 7000 on site parking spaces with no supporting traffic infrastructure to support entry or exit from the stadium. I have heard multiple plans of extending the monorail, light rail, and new on/off ramps being built to accommodate taxi and uber access ... I’ll believe that when I see it! If you have ever tried driving in this city you know it will be a total disaster!
Red Crawford
5/12/2019 3:14pm
Gonna eventually be run in the infields of certain NASCAR tracks. Start 'em on Monster trucks as tikes, move 'em to SX as teens and 20's, then feed 'em into the NASCAR wood-chipper in their 30's. Cradle-to-grave at the FELD company store....
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
5/12/2019 3:44pm
line-up wrote:
If 2020 MEC is not moved to Southern California....
Moving it here would be the worst decision business-wise I could imagine. To say the LA area is over saturated with races would be an understatement.

The only reason Monster Cup is even remotely working is because it gives people a reason to go to Sin City.
biscuit11
5/12/2019 6:07pm
biscuit11 wrote:
I see the logic behind keeping it on west coast. I do know Orlando is gaining steam right now in the sports world, just got the...
How's the stadium now? I was there, probably in the neighborhood of 2006 for Supercross. Sketchy neighborhood and pretty dated facilities.
Still not the greatest area but the stadium had a massive upgrade, to the point the NFL Pro Bowl is played there now.
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/12/2019 6:17pm
bvm111 wrote:
Raiders are scheduled to play in the new stadium for the 2020 season but who knows or cares about that I know I don’t. Everything that...
Raiders are scheduled to play in the new stadium for the 2020 season but who knows or cares about that I know I don’t. Everything that I have heard from my contacts at UNLV are that both MEC and the finals will be in the new stadium starting next year. The stadium currently is above ground with what looks like almost all the major steel and concrete work completed. It is located directly across the interstate from Mandalay Bay in what could be described as the worst location possible with what I have been told as 7000 on site parking spaces with no supporting traffic infrastructure to support entry or exit from the stadium. I have heard multiple plans of extending the monorail, light rail, and new on/off ramps being built to accommodate taxi and uber access ... I’ll believe that when I see it! If you have ever tried driving in this city you know it will be a total disaster!
I’d be surprised considering the stadium has been reported to be on track just to be ready for August of 2020. If what’s been reported is true for construction schedule, it wouldn’t be ready for SX finals in May.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
5/12/2019 6:28pm Edited Date/Time 5/12/2019 6:30pm
ML512 wrote:
I’d be surprised considering the stadium has been reported to be on track just to be ready for August of 2020. If what’s been reported is...
I’d be surprised considering the stadium has been reported to be on track just to be ready for August of 2020. If what’s been reported is true for construction schedule, it wouldn’t be ready for SX finals in May.
May 2021 will be the first indoor race for the new stadium if the details get worked out. The question is where will the Monster Cup fit into the Raiders Home schedule. NFL teams rarely have more than two in a row at home, but home/away/home is fairly common, then throw in the Rebels games and it could really mess with plans.
5/14/2019 7:11am
The sooner they get out of Sam Boyd the better. For one, its a pain in the ass to get there from the strip where most people stay. It actually looked like a sell out crowd this year and the concession stands couldn't keep up. It was a zoo pretty much
Cancerman
5/14/2019 11:23pm
biscuit11 wrote:
I would say the Monster Truck move to Orlando has more to do with the following two things.. 1. Feld is headquarterd in Ellenton, about 2hr...
I would say the Monster Truck move to Orlando has more to do with the following two things..

1. Feld is headquarterd in Ellenton, about 2hr drive to Orlando, where all the execs can attend and invite all their major sponsors (who are willing to attend because they can bring their families and make a work vacation out of it), and do some smooshin for more sponsor money for the upcoming season.

2. The Florida market just screams “I love monster trucks!”. Have you seen the amount of want-to-be redneck goobers driving their lifted trucks around Central Florida? Or drivin down 17-92 in Sanford and seen the mega truck dealers on both sides of the road where every truck is lifted, and people come from all around to buy themselves a lifted truck with bling bling wheels?

I won’t hold my breath for Supercross to come back to Orlando. I believe the monster truck and supercross series’ are mutually exclusive.
#2 is so, so correct! Goes for pretty much all of North and central Florida as well.
rdrurypi
5/15/2019 6:18am
biscuit11 wrote:
I would say the Monster Truck move to Orlando has more to do with the following two things.. 1. Feld is headquarterd in Ellenton, about 2hr...

Funny you say that, I’m across the street from those dealerships in Sanford now. Orlando has been the sight of some of the best SX races ever and now is basically a hometown race for the moto industry. The renovations to “camping world stadium “ makes it more appealing for events, but still not that great of a location. From what I remember, the stadium was mostly filled for the races, so I’m not really sure why it’s not a regular stop for SX. It has to be one of the cheapest places to rent with some great clay/sand for a quality racetrack.
Eddieg15
5/15/2019 7:01am
ML512 wrote:
MXMattii wrote:
When is that new stadium ready? I'm a nerd interested in new stadiums... No joke! The stadium would be ready in 2020 but in Belgium stadiums...
ML512 wrote:
Mid to late 2020. So I think our first outing in it will be Monster Cup for 2020, the season finally in 2020 will likely still...
Close top or not
tprice07
5/15/2019 7:25am
Speaking of monster trucks...anyone see this yet:

Post a reply to: Feld moved monster truck world finals to Orlando, would they move SX as well??

The Latest