Feld may finally have to pay the racers

Related:
Create New Tag

2/4/2019 12:26 PM

Lawsuit anyone? The VBT is flooded with new Esquires so let's get this rolling.

|

2/4/2019 12:54 PM

Huh?

|

Anyone but Ralph!

2/4/2019 2:24 PM

I’m referring to riders being physically harmed by chemicals put into the track

|

2/4/2019 2:25 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2019 2:30 PM

Well Feld owns Monster Jam and many of the teams (trucks) and it seems to be very profitable for them. I fear SX is on a path such that they may end up like MJ; less about the racing and more about the show.

Edit: missed your response enketchum. Apparently we're both thinking along the same lines.

|

2/4/2019 2:48 PM

I tried reaching out to Feld on how to do this the right way and no reply back . There are many things to use that are safe . I am an ex major league grounds keeper an we used a lot of products to dry athletic fields safely without causing harm to the athletes .

|

2/4/2019 2:49 PM

OldYZRider1 wrote:

Well Feld owns Monster Jam and many of the teams (trucks) and it seems to be very profitable for them. I fear SX is on a path such that they may end up like MJ; less about the racing and more about the show.

Edit: missed your response enketchum. Apparently we're both thinking along the same lines.

One of my best threads was about this topic. People just dismissed it but I can imagine Feld looking at this option. Everyone could ride the same bike, then...

I can't find it

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

2/4/2019 2:52 PM

|

"What happens to your hands when you crash?"
"I put my hands up real quick to protect my sunglasses"

2/4/2019 2:57 PM

https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Lime,1353750?page=7#post_4080446

little late to the discussion hoss... had to start a new thread?

|

Never try to argue with idiots; they will only bring you down to their level.....and being more experienced, they will beat you at their own game!


2006 KX250

2/4/2019 2:58 PM

OldYZRider1 wrote:

Well Feld owns Monster Jam and many of the teams (trucks) and it seems to be very profitable for them. I fear SX is on a path such that they may end up like MJ; less about the racing and more about the show.

Edit: missed your response enketchum. Apparently we're both thinking along the same lines.

If Feld ever owns SX like they do Monster Jam it’s going to be a sad day in the dirtbike world. Monster Jam is a joke anymore. I’ve seen it first hand many times now

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

2/4/2019 3:16 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2019 3:19 PM

IF the riders wanted to Stand Their Ground and get some sort of retribution for the "Lime Gate" in SD, If all of racers Boycotted the next race unless Field agreed to pay for doctor visits, suffering and destroyed motorcycles because of the dirt issues, Then something might happen.

That would really open the eyes of just how much power the riders and teams COULD have over supercross if they actually banned together against Field. With no riders, there is no show. Teams and riders actually have to pay Field so they can turn around and charge spectators to watch the race. It should be a balance but it's not. If there was a boycott then Feld would have to refund all of the ticket sales and all hell would break out. I just think teams an riders have too much invested to take that sort of stance and Feld knows it.

Feld need to be the bigger person and MAKE GOOD of what happened last Saturday - or the riders and teams need to stand up and ban together to show their potential power.

Just saying

|

2/4/2019 3:32 PM

I'm still trying to figure out wtf VBT means....

|

2/4/2019 3:45 PM

smrscott wrote:

IF the riders wanted to Stand Their Ground and get some sort of retribution for the "Lime Gate" in SD, If all of racers Boycotted the next race unless Field agreed to pay for doctor visits, suffering and destroyed motorcycles because of the dirt issues, Then something might happen.

That would really open the eyes of just how much power the riders and teams COULD have over supercross if they actually banned together against Field. With no riders, there is no show. Teams and riders actually have to pay Field so they can turn around and charge spectators to watch the race. It should be a balance but it's not. If there was a boycott then Feld would have to refund all of the ticket sales and all hell would break out. I just think teams an riders have too much invested to take that sort of stance and Feld knows it.

Feld need to be the bigger person and MAKE GOOD of what happened last Saturday - or the riders and teams need to stand up and ban together to show their potential power.

Just saying

It's crazy how much power and leverage they have that they don't use because no one is willing to stick their neck out an inch. It's only like 20 or so guys you need onboard to make huge changes and nobody has even tried. It's pathetic really.

|

2/4/2019 4:24 PM

dickjackson170 wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out wtf VBT means....

Vital Brain Trust ?

|

2/4/2019 4:27 PM

dickjackson170 wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out wtf VBT means....

500guy wrote:

Vital Brain Trust ?

Lol, perfect! You've just decoded another worthless thread. Thanks bro ?

|

2/4/2019 4:42 PM

They might want to get out in front of it....but it's almost too late for that. The Airlines learned that lesson years ago...way cheaper in the long run...

|

2/4/2019 4:53 PM

Integrity>feld

|

2/4/2019 4:55 PM

This is really pissing me off. It's always been completely obvious that Feld does not give a crap about the riders. I am tired of seeing young men already facing incredible odds being treated like nothing more than cattle.
If this is the straw on the camel's back to start a rider's union- OF COURSE they should file a lawsuit if somebody doesn't pay damages. Nobody likes getting lawyers involved but they can't get away with just screwing everybody like this.
How is Trey's track safety organization doing these days? Didn't seem to get a lot of traction.

|

2/4/2019 4:55 PM


|

2/4/2019 4:55 PM

peltier626 wrote:

Integrity>feld

I know they ran the circus...but wait until one of the KTM kids' Mama Bear gets ahold of them.....

|

2/4/2019 5:11 PM

Ok, what did I miss? Looked here and the dungeon. What happened at the SD round? I watched the race, so it was a mud race. What's the big deal?

|

2/4/2019 5:11 PM

peltier626 wrote:

Integrity>feld

NITRODOG wrote:

I know they ran the circus...but wait until one of the KTM kids' Mama Bear gets ahold of them.....

They ran the circus alright, right out of business.

|

2/4/2019 5:13 PM

OldYZRider1 wrote:

Well Feld owns Monster Jam and many of the teams (trucks) and it seems to be very profitable for them. I fear SX is on a path such that they may end up like MJ; less about the racing and more about the show.

Edit: missed your response enketchum. Apparently we're both thinking along the same lines.

Being saying it for ages that a fucking circus promoter owns the rights to a world championship.

Slightly off topic but it was gay me when Emig on the whisky throttle show referred to his championship as the Monster Sx title...

|

2/4/2019 5:14 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2019 5:16 PM

Steve 396 wrote:

Ok, what did I miss? Looked here and the dungeon. What happened at the SD round? I watched the race, so it was a mud race. What's the big deal?

The riders caught small pox from the lime in the dirt.

|

2/4/2019 5:29 PM

Steve 396 wrote:

Ok, what did I miss? Looked here and the dungeon. What happened at the SD round? I watched the race, so it was a mud race. What's the big deal?

gabrielito wrote:

The riders caught small pox from the lime in the dirt.

You sure it wasnt measles?

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club


Team MooseCAN

2/4/2019 5:30 PM

dirtnut98 wrote:

I tried reaching out to Feld on how to do this the right way and no reply back . There are many things to use that are safe . I am an ex major league grounds keeper an we used a lot of products to dry athletic fields safely without causing harm to the athletes .

I would expect to hear something from them on this tomorrow.

|

2/4/2019 5:32 PM

Steve 396 wrote:

Ok, what did I miss? Looked here and the dungeon. What happened at the SD round? I watched the race, so it was a mud race. What's the big deal?

gabrielito wrote:

The riders caught small pox from the lime in the dirt.

I just found the "lime" thread. Got to read the last 8 pages now.

BTW, the pics on the first page look horrible. Heath Harrison is somewhat local and we used to see him at local races when he wasn't out at the bigger races. Super nice and approachable dude. Tough for factory teams but 10x worse for the privateers. ...

|

2/4/2019 5:38 PM

Of course if there wasn’t the rain then there wouldn’t have been the chemical burns? So maybe Feld just drops the open stadium rounds to avoid future problems and liability.

|

2/4/2019 5:43 PM

OldYZRider1 wrote:

Of course if there wasn’t the rain then there wouldn’t have been the chemical burns? So maybe Feld just drops the open stadium rounds to avoid future problems and liability.

That would mean no races in California. That's ~150,000 ticket buyers they'll need to replace, to get out of a state where it rarely rains. Good luck.

|

2/4/2019 5:47 PM

RichieW13 wrote:

That would mean no races in California. That's ~150,000 ticket buyers they'll need to replace, to get out of a state where it rarely rains. Good luck.

Maybe until the new Rams Stadium is done.

|

2/4/2019 5:52 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/4/2019 5:56 PM

OldYZRider1 wrote:

Of course if there wasn’t the rain then there wouldn’t have been the chemical burns? So maybe Feld just drops the open stadium rounds to avoid future problems and liability.

RichieW13 wrote:

That would mean no races in California. That's ~150,000 ticket buyers they'll need to replace, to get out of a state where it rarely rains. Good luck.

GuyB wrote:

Maybe until the new Rams Stadium is done.

There are 10 outdoor rounds this year. If SX chooses to move from Anaheim to Rams stadium for one or both rounds, that would turn SX into 8 outdoor rounds.

And if SX moves from Sam Boyd to the new Raiders stadium (I think that one will have a roof), we can get down to 7 outdoor rounds.

How often is the weather really an issue for these outdoor rounds anyway? Maybe once per year on average?

Other currently unused domed stadiums this year:
St Louis
Tampa
New Orleans
San Antonio
Syracuse
Montreal
Toronto
Milwaukee
Seattle (Safeco field)
Miami

I think everything else is under 35,000 capacity.

|