Feld and Daytona

Related:
Create New Tag

3/6/2018 5:12 AM

Has Feld taken over the promotion of the Daytona SX? Seems to be a lot more information on the Feld website than years’ past.

|

3/6/2018 5:17 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/6/2018 5:17 AM

Nope its all owned by the speedway. AMA Pro still operates the racing though.

|

3/6/2018 5:41 AM

Feld and DIS (Daytona International Speedway) are working closer together than ever to help the event look and feel more like the rest of the rounds of the series with infrastructure and what-not but it's still the one event of the series that is not fully organized by Feld. And after maybe 30 years Honda is no longer the title sponsor, so Monster Energy stepped in and Honda is now the presenting sponsor. As a result it will still have some red around the track but a lot more black and green than ever before.

DC
Racer X

|

3/6/2018 6:09 AM

DC wrote:

Feld and DIS (Daytona International Speedway) are working closer together than ever to help the event look and feel more like ...more

That's a long haul for Honda, I hate they've pulled main sponsorship, it's the one event that makes the sport look a bit more professional than the other round's. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM's....everywhere, lol. sick wink

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.

3/6/2018 6:15 AM

DC wrote:

Feld and DIS (Daytona International Speedway) are working closer together than ever to help the event look and feel more like ...more

Great.... The thing that made Daytona what it is was it being different from the rest of the rounds. It was more professional than the other rounds. I'm sure many would agree that their wives and girlfriends appreciated the presentation of the Daytona rounds over the other rounds that Monster ran throughout the seasons. This is disappointing.

|

3/6/2018 6:22 AM

This is the 2nd season in a row the wife has watched with me and last weekend she said "Is this even professionals? It feels more like a monster truck event."

Dumbing down Daytona won't help.

|

3/6/2018 6:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 3/6/2018 6:23 AM

Not a huge return on investment for Honda. They need to win. Need championships not professional looking tough blocks lining sandy soil.

|

GP740
Since 1987

3/6/2018 7:56 AM

Feld being more involved makes sense now..... They are charging to park in the infield this year.

|