Feld Should...

soggy
Fantasy
3846th
Make each triple crown main win worth between 12-15 points. This would make each race even more exciting and you should get more points for racing 3 mains.

Every triple crown should also be an east west showdown.

these are no brainers to me.
|
scrallex
2/25/2019 7:00am
Thanks for the new thread. This point totally couldn't have been made in the other 3 threads discussing points for Triple Crowns...
jlchapman117
2/25/2019 7:01am Edited Date/Time 2/25/2019 7:04am
I do wish there was a reduced amount of points paid per race. The only issue is that there are not enough points left to reduce it at least one point for each position.
That would mean that you would have to make every 2-3 positions worth the same amount of points

Edit: didn’t see all the other threads before posting in this one
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
2/25/2019 7:03am
scrallex wrote:
Thanks for the new thread. This point totally couldn't have been made in the other 3 threads discussing points for Triple Crowns...
Give him a break, he is literally a premature baby.

The Shop

soggy
Fantasy
3846th
2/25/2019 7:11am
I do wish there was a reduced amount of points paid per race. The only issue is that there are not enough points left to reduce...
I do wish there was a reduced amount of points paid per race. The only issue is that there are not enough points left to reduce it at least one point for each position.
That would mean that you would have to make every 2-3 positions worth the same amount of points

Edit: didn’t see all the other threads before posting in this one
i think you do 12-15 points per race top 12-15 places get points, each position gets one less point then the one infront.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
2/25/2019 7:12am
scrallex wrote:
sorry bro didnt mean to get your panties all twisted.
rehan53
2/25/2019 7:17am
scrallex wrote:
You elevating the thread to the top of the stack is an odd way to protest.

I come here a lot and haven't seen this proposal. Once a thread becomes several pages long I tend to stop visiting it.

I agree with the idea. I had no real interest in the third main events this weekend because it was all but decided. It was less interesting to me than a single main. The counter argument is that if you give a triple crown more weight than every other race, it becomes that much more crucial to be there and that much more disastrous to suffer a mechanical or injury.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
2/25/2019 7:29am
scrallex wrote:
rehan53 wrote:
You elevating the thread to the top of the stack is an odd way to protest. I come here a lot and haven't seen this proposal...
You elevating the thread to the top of the stack is an odd way to protest.

I come here a lot and haven't seen this proposal. Once a thread becomes several pages long I tend to stop visiting it.

I agree with the idea. I had no real interest in the third main events this weekend because it was all but decided. It was less interesting to me than a single main. The counter argument is that if you give a triple crown more weight than every other race, it becomes that much more crucial to be there and that much more disastrous to suffer a mechanical or injury.
Yup, i think if you sweep all three races it should be 36-45 points depending on if you want to award 12 or 15 points for first in each race.

also using the olympic style scoring just makes it more confusing IMO. award points each race, highest totalat the end gets the overall.

one other thing that i find stupid is that the 3rd main is the tiebreaker. For instance, if Tomac finished one place back of where he did Webb and him would have tied in the olympic style points scoring. Common sense would say well Eli won 2 of the 3 races so he should get the overall, but it would have gone to webb because he finished better in the 3rd main.
rehan53
2/25/2019 7:40am
soggy wrote:
Yup, i think if you sweep all three races it should be 36-45 points depending on if you want to award 12 or 15 points for...
Yup, i think if you sweep all three races it should be 36-45 points depending on if you want to award 12 or 15 points for first in each race.

also using the olympic style scoring just makes it more confusing IMO. award points each race, highest totalat the end gets the overall.

one other thing that i find stupid is that the 3rd main is the tiebreaker. For instance, if Tomac finished one place back of where he did Webb and him would have tied in the olympic style points scoring. Common sense would say well Eli won 2 of the 3 races so he should get the overall, but it would have gone to webb because he finished better in the 3rd main.
I also felt that way about the tie-breaker. If they had tied in points, Eli with two wins should have been the one to get it vs. Webb because he won the finale.

They're definitely still testing the concept. It's like watching a movie with obvious plot holes where they're just like ahhh fuck it. They don't know what to call the motos/mains. They apparently don't count laps lead. I think they just thought the name was cool and said yeah sure, three rounds, three mains, championship inside the championship, let's do shots! The whole thing was totally born in a marketing meeting.
mx 219
Fantasy
974th
2/25/2019 7:40am
Feld (or Monster) already screwed up the points system.

1st, lets go back to the old point system: 25,22,20,18,16... but if they want to award a bonus of 5 points for sweeping all 3 mains it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.
2/25/2019 10:36am
Additional points: 5 for the OA win, 3 for 2ndOA and 1 for 3rd OA. Would entice riders not to settle in once they’re calculating numbers in the final main.
PRM31
2/25/2019 11:10am
One triple crown weekend should not be worth a significant number of additional points compared to 'regular' event. Some bonus to win is fair though, but keep the total possible to 30-32 points.
wreckitrandy
2/25/2019 3:23pm
Is each race a "main event"? If so, they should pay points and purse. jmo
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
2/25/2019 5:36pm
Additional points: 5 for the OA win, 3 for 2ndOA and 1 for 3rd OA. Would entice riders not to settle in once they’re calculating numbers...
Additional points: 5 for the OA win, 3 for 2ndOA and 1 for 3rd OA. Would entice riders not to settle in once they’re calculating numbers in the final main.
I think it should be the other way. Keep it the same as now: 26 points for the overall win, etc.

But have each individual "main" worth 3 points for 1st, 2 points for 2nd, 3 points for 3rd. So a 3-race sweep would be worth 35 points.

(I would also like to see similar points in the heat races.)

Post a reply to: Feld Should...

The Latest