Feld Should...

Related:
Create New Tag

2/25/2019 6:57 AM

Make each triple crown main win worth between 12-15 points. This would make each race even more exciting and you should get more points for racing 3 mains.

Every triple crown should also be an east west showdown.

these are no brainers to me.

|

2/25/2019 7:00 AM

Thanks for the new thread. This point totally couldn't have been made in the other 3 threads discussing points for Triple Crowns...

|

2/25/2019 7:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/25/2019 7:04 AM

I do wish there was a reduced amount of points paid per race. The only issue is that there are not enough points left to reduce it at least one point for each position.
That would mean that you would have to make every 2-3 positions worth the same amount of points


Edit: didn’t see all the other threads before posting in this one

|

amateurs practice untill they get it right. pros practice untill they cant get it wrong.

2/25/2019 7:02 AM

2 pager

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

2/25/2019 7:03 AM

scrallex wrote:

Thanks for the new thread. This point totally couldn't have been made in the other 3 threads discussing points for Triple Crowns...

Give him a break, he is literally a premature baby.

|

2/25/2019 7:11 AM

jlchapman117 wrote:

I do wish there was a reduced amount of points paid per race. The only issue is that there are not enough points left to reduce it at least one point for each position.
That would mean that you would have to make every 2-3 positions worth the same amount of points


Edit: didn’t see all the other threads before posting in this one

i think you do 12-15 points per race top 12-15 places get points, each position gets one less point then the one infront.

|

2/25/2019 7:12 AM

scrallex wrote:

Thanks for the new thread. This point totally couldn't have been made in the other 3 threads discussing points for Triple Crowns...

sorry bro didnt mean to get your panties all twisted.

|

2/25/2019 7:17 AM

scrallex wrote:

Thanks for the new thread. This point totally couldn't have been made in the other 3 threads discussing points for Triple Crowns...

You elevating the thread to the top of the stack is an odd way to protest.

I come here a lot and haven't seen this proposal. Once a thread becomes several pages long I tend to stop visiting it.

I agree with the idea. I had no real interest in the third main events this weekend because it was all but decided. It was less interesting to me than a single main. The counter argument is that if you give a triple crown more weight than every other race, it becomes that much more crucial to be there and that much more disastrous to suffer a mechanical or injury.

|

2/25/2019 7:29 AM

scrallex wrote:

Thanks for the new thread. This point totally couldn't have been made in the other 3 threads discussing points for Triple Crowns...

rehan53 wrote:

You elevating the thread to the top of the stack is an odd way to protest.

I come here a lot and haven't seen this proposal. Once a thread becomes several pages long I tend to stop visiting it.

I agree with the idea. I had no real interest in the third main events this weekend because it was all but decided. It was less interesting to me than a single main. The counter argument is that if you give a triple crown more weight than every other race, it becomes that much more crucial to be there and that much more disastrous to suffer a mechanical or injury.

Yup, i think if you sweep all three races it should be 36-45 points depending on if you want to award 12 or 15 points for first in each race.

also using the olympic style scoring just makes it more confusing IMO. award points each race, highest totalat the end gets the overall.

one other thing that i find stupid is that the 3rd main is the tiebreaker. For instance, if Tomac finished one place back of where he did Webb and him would have tied in the olympic style points scoring. Common sense would say well Eli won 2 of the 3 races so he should get the overall, but it would have gone to webb because he finished better in the 3rd main.

|

2/25/2019 7:40 AM

soggy wrote:

Yup, i think if you sweep all three races it should be 36-45 points depending on if you want to award 12 or 15 points for first in each race.

also using the olympic style scoring just makes it more confusing IMO. award points each race, highest totalat the end gets the overall.

one other thing that i find stupid is that the 3rd main is the tiebreaker. For instance, if Tomac finished one place back of where he did Webb and him would have tied in the olympic style points scoring. Common sense would say well Eli won 2 of the 3 races so he should get the overall, but it would have gone to webb because he finished better in the 3rd main.

I also felt that way about the tie-breaker. If they had tied in points, Eli with two wins should have been the one to get it vs. Webb because he won the finale.

They're definitely still testing the concept. It's like watching a movie with obvious plot holes where they're just like ahhh fuck it. They don't know what to call the motos/mains. They apparently don't count laps lead. I think they just thought the name was cool and said yeah sure, three rounds, three mains, championship inside the championship, let's do shots! The whole thing was totally born in a marketing meeting.

|

2/25/2019 7:40 AM

Feld (or Monster) already screwed up the points system.

1st, lets go back to the old point system: 25,22,20,18,16... but if they want to award a bonus of 5 points for sweeping all 3 mains it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

|

2/25/2019 10:36 AM

Additional points: 5 for the OA win, 3 for 2ndOA and 1 for 3rd OA. Would entice riders not to settle in once they’re calculating numbers in the final main.

|

GP740
Since 1987

2/25/2019 11:10 AM

One triple crown weekend should not be worth a significant number of additional points compared to 'regular' event. Some bonus to win is fair though, but keep the total possible to 30-32 points.

|

2/25/2019 3:23 PM

Is each race a "main event"? If so, they should pay points and purse. jmo

|

2/25/2019 5:36 PM

GeorgiePorgie wrote:

Additional points: 5 for the OA win, 3 for 2ndOA and 1 for 3rd OA. Would entice riders not to settle in once they’re calculating numbers in the final main.

I think it should be the other way. Keep it the same as now: 26 points for the overall win, etc.

But have each individual "main" worth 3 points for 1st, 2 points for 2nd, 3 points for 3rd. So a 3-race sweep would be worth 35 points.

(I would also like to see similar points in the heat races.)

|