Feld Motorsports blocking YouTube?

typ2vw159
3/13/2010 9:10am Edited Date/Time 1/25/2012 2:04am
Don,t mess with Dan,s money!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_wp_V6GMos
|
Motodave
3/13/2010 9:14am
Yup There Fucking Moron's....Everybody wants the sport to grow, But they still Block a way to get More Fans, Sooo Stupid.. I Mean there are people on youtube that are famous now because of it...I figure any publicity of Racing for people to view for free would be welcome..But now the fuckronauts at field decided to say fuck u we wanna block everything.
TerryK
3/13/2010 9:20am
No comment on Feld's actions, but I did lol at the guy that made the video. He sounds like he's about 12 -13 lol.
typ2vw159
3/13/2010 9:31am
TerryK wrote:
No comment on Feld's actions, but I did lol at the guy that made the video. He sounds like he's about 12 -13 lol.
You made a comment.It was No comment! Grow a ? Aw never mind.
TerryK
3/13/2010 9:41am
typ2vw159 wrote:
You made a comment.It was No comment! Grow a ? Aw never mind.
I said no comment on Felds actions. Please read again.

The Shop

Hoov
3/13/2010 9:44am Edited Date/Time 3/13/2010 10:04am
Its the same "lil dick" mentallity that the RIAA had toward cassette recorders in the 80's and file sharing lately...they run around hoarding pennies and ignore the huge pot of gold setting right there....Much more money was made on music sales directly related to exposer than was ever lost to friends sharing music....
Motodave
3/13/2010 10:34am
I dont get why anybody would want to block or take anything off of youtube, its
single-handedly the best free advertising somebody can get.. I just dont understand the big company's...wmg is blocking alot of videos and songs on youtube 2, and so is field now.
Matt Wozney
3/13/2010 12:01pm
Whenever I see my videos on other people's channels, I do get annoyed since they are getting the credit, not me (the one who produced them). I usually just tell the person who has my video on its channel to just put a link to my site and credit to me. But if I really want to, I'll tell YouTube about it if it gets out of hand.

Just stating this from a different perspective.

BTW, it's funny that my channel has more subscribers than Feld. Just sayin'. Smile
wildbill
3/13/2010 12:08pm
I'll comment for you.

Feld is old and doesn't understand a new marketing medium when it's painfully obvious.
Fuck Feld and the lame ass SX series they don't know how to promote properly.

I quit going years ago, and I'm about ready to quit watching if they don't get their shit together.
ocscottie
3/13/2010 12:20pm
They had me yank all my SX vids down, even some old clips from years ago. Its a shame because 90% of my viewers were from other countries that dont have any other way to see the races. I was getting up around 50k hits per vid and have over 1.5million views. But i do understand that they need to protect their content, but its about time they step up and make the races available in some form of online content, even it was for a small price.

oh and this wasnt the 1st time, Clear Channel came after me for doing DMXS Roots, that was in '04.
Matt Wozney
3/13/2010 12:28pm
You got it ocscottie.
If there was a way to have live online video or post the shows online either next day or 2 days later for them, then, they wouldn't have to worry about pulling down videos from YT.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
3/13/2010 12:44pm
Here's a quick English lesson for you guys.

If you're going to use the "There Fucking Moron's...." line, correct spelling and punctuation go a long way. Otherwise, you just fall into the unintentional humor category.
Masonry
3/13/2010 1:19pm
I don't get why the media companies like RacerX and Transworld suddenly started slacking on their race day video interviews.
RACEGUY
3/13/2010 1:23pm
Oh, thank you Steve. It seems the half that can read can't write and the other half can't read but can somehow write. Then there's that other half (Wink ) that can't do either.

We may rag about it from time to time, but it doesn't seem to change anything.Cool
Motodave
3/13/2010 1:27pm
GuyB wrote:
Here's a quick English lesson for you guys. If you're going to use the "There Fucking Moron's...." line, correct spelling and punctuation go a long way...

If you're going to use the "There Fucking Moron's...." line, correct spelling and punctuation go a long way. Otherwise, you just fall into the unintentional humor category.
Were not in english school man, i see the mispells but they never bother me, even when im reading other peoples stuff..... Even WhEn Tay Roght Liiike ThIs, statistics prove you only read the first and last letter constantly...But Hey if it BoThErS yOu I MiGht ChEK My PuNcTiOn! lol
Preset
3/13/2010 1:50pm
ocscottie wrote:
They had me yank all my SX vids down, even some old clips from years ago. Its a shame because 90% of my viewers were from...
They had me yank all my SX vids down, even some old clips from years ago. Its a shame because 90% of my viewers were from other countries that dont have any other way to see the races. I was getting up around 50k hits per vid and have over 1.5million views. But i do understand that they need to protect their content, but its about time they step up and make the races available in some form of online content, even it was for a small price.

oh and this wasnt the 1st time, Clear Channel came after me for doing DMXS Roots, that was in '04.
Thanks for going to the effort Scottie.I knew it was too good to last Sad
I am wondering how long those people that stream live from there TV will keep going.
Pdub
3/13/2010 2:08pm
Motodave wrote:
I dont get why anybody would want to block or take anything off of youtube, its single-handedly the best free advertising somebody can get.. I just...
I dont get why anybody would want to block or take anything off of youtube, its
single-handedly the best free advertising somebody can get.. I just dont understand the big company's...wmg is blocking alot of videos and songs on youtube 2, and so is field now.
There's no such thing as "free advertising" for companies that make money selling advertising. The FMS/SPEED deal is about advertising revenue as well as cable subscriptions and they're obliged to protect their "property" from unauthorized distribution. Sure, the motorsport product gets more exposure, but the owner of the event loses some control of the distribution.

They should consider issuing some easy-to-get "no fee" licenses to take advantage of the internet, not just shut it down.
Pdub
3/13/2010 2:17pm
wildbill wrote:
I'll comment for you. Feld is old and doesn't understand a new marketing medium when it's painfully obvious. Fuck Feld and the lame ass SX series...
I'll comment for you.

Feld is old and doesn't understand a new marketing medium when it's painfully obvious.
Fuck Feld and the lame ass SX series they don't know how to promote properly.

I quit going years ago, and I'm about ready to quit watching if they don't get their shit together.
I gotta tell ya, wildbill, I hear you. But I think Feld is more up to date than you think, especially if you haven't been to one of their supercrosses. I went to the final Anaheim round, and for the first time in more than 10 years, I was actually entertained by the rider introductions... and so were a lot of people around me... so I will give Feld credit for stepping up the production quite a bit. And this is just their second year at it.

You have to admit the racing has been fantastic and that's the most important part of the show.

This year's series is definitely worth going to see in person, though, no doubt about it.
BobbyM
3/13/2010 2:29pm
GuyB wrote:
Here's a quick English lesson for you guys. If you're going to use the "There Fucking Moron's...." line, correct spelling and punctuation go a long way...

lol...like he's pointing at something and calling us names....hahahahaha
jemcee
3/14/2010 1:28am
GuyB wrote:

BobbyM wrote:
lol...like he's pointing at something and calling us names....hahahahaha
ha ha "there, fucking morons"
jndmx
3/14/2010 7:05am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:23pm
Actually needs one more word for accuracy.....btw this is a royalty free image.

"Right there, fucking morons"
jndmx
3/14/2010 7:25am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:23pm
Whenever I see my videos on other people's channels, I do get annoyed since they are getting the credit, not me (the one who produced them)...
Whenever I see my videos on other people's channels, I do get annoyed since they are getting the credit, not me (the one who produced them). I usually just tell the person who has my video on its channel to just put a link to my site and credit to me. But if I really want to, I'll tell YouTube about it if it gets out of hand.

BTW, it's funny that my channel has more subscribers than Feld. Just sayin'. Smile
That is the crux of the issue for me.

How do you give credit to the person that actually makes the content?

I've talked about this to Paul Buckley extensively, it's maddening.
Everybody wants web galleries from the events he shoots here in New England but then half the photos don't sell......
and I believe we can all agree it isn't due to quality.
Then you take a look at the Facebook pages and web sites of a lot of folks who never buy and they are loaded with Buckley Photos pic's grabbed from the preview gallery with a huge watermark on it.
That is effectively stealing.
Now if it is someone that buys pics and talks to Paul then he is always happy to work out usage and web content.....my son's site has Paul's pics and link backs because we talked about it and I asked......so I have nice a nice big shot with a logo instead.

Certainly in the case of Feld they have already sold ad time and want to control the content.
Seems ill-advised to not let people spread the word about your events but they need to figure out a way to make a little revenue off it.....ads, subscriptions etc.

Guys like ocscottie would be such a boon to them as they could sell internet ad time on it forever.
Same deal with the fantasy racing sites.....they could make a killing with the gaming crossover ads.

They should try and do it quick because the actual laws about it are muddy and may come down on the side of the consumer if someone big decides to fight it.
Void Main
3/14/2010 8:40am
I wonder if the guy that made that video got permission from the band to use their music for his video? As soon as they find out he'll probably have to take that video down.
smit9722
3/14/2010 12:58pm
ocscottie wrote:
They had me yank all my SX vids down, even some old clips from years ago. Its a shame because 90% of my viewers were from...

Currently i live out of the country and the only way i can watch races are the ones people post on youtube!! Appreciate the time and effort people did in doing this for fans outside the US.
Trip
3/14/2010 1:02pm
Feld charges to listen to the races live, and very few complain..Feld takes the stolen videos off of the net, and you guys throw a fit.. lol
eddie
3/14/2010 1:08pm
Trip wrote:
Feld charges to listen to the races live, and very few complain..Feld takes the stolen videos off of the net, and you guys throw a fit...
Feld charges to listen to the races live, and very few complain..Feld takes the stolen videos off of the net, and you guys throw a fit.. lol
seems like feld should charge for live vid on the net ....
3/14/2010 1:10pm
Yeah, they also took down the channel on Justin TV. I have Speed. I just thought it was cool to go back and re-watch things that I missed In the TV broadcast. Also the guy who was broadcasting on Justin usually left the commercials in.
Matt Wozney
3/14/2010 2:02pm
Whenever I see my videos on other people's channels, I do get annoyed since they are getting the credit, not me (the one who produced them)...

jndmx wrote:
That is the crux of the issue for me. How do you give credit to the person that actually makes the content? I've talked about this...
That is the crux of the issue for me.

How do you give credit to the person that actually makes the content?

I've talked about this to Paul Buckley extensively, it's maddening.
Everybody wants web galleries from the events he shoots here in New England but then half the photos don't sell......
and I believe we can all agree it isn't due to quality.
Then you take a look at the Facebook pages and web sites of a lot of folks who never buy and they are loaded with Buckley Photos pic's grabbed from the preview gallery with a huge watermark on it.
That is effectively stealing.
Now if it is someone that buys pics and talks to Paul then he is always happy to work out usage and web content.....my son's site has Paul's pics and link backs because we talked about it and I asked......so I have nice a nice big shot with a logo instead.

Certainly in the case of Feld they have already sold ad time and want to control the content.
Seems ill-advised to not let people spread the word about your events but they need to figure out a way to make a little revenue off it.....ads, subscriptions etc.

Guys like ocscottie would be such a boon to them as they could sell internet ad time on it forever.
Same deal with the fantasy racing sites.....they could make a killing with the gaming crossover ads.

They should try and do it quick because the actual laws about it are muddy and may come down on the side of the consumer if someone big decides to fight it.
With photos, it is a crappy deal with the web. The Print Screen button killed photo sales on the web. There are always around it. I have it as an option for the amateur racers to contact me and purchase prints and photo CDs but I also post my photos as race coverage for the events I go to. So, its like a double-edged sword in a way. I already have plans on just doing my own separate personal site to sell photo and video services so it doesn't affect the my race coverage photos on my site. Then again, I need to show off fresh, new photos on my site or my site will get boring really quick. Smile

With video, however, you can track it and make revenue (advertisements and such) with the bunch of sharing options out there. For example, your YouTube video can be embedded on another page/blog by someone else and it would be ok, since both the blog/site and you, who made the video, get registered traffic both ways with views, ratings, etc. Plus, if you have advertisements running on your YouTube video (or with any other service), they would appear in the embedded video on that other blog/site's page and you would get the revenue share, not the blog/site who posted it.

I just don't like when people rip my videos and they get the credit by posting the ripped video on their own page or channel. I've caught a bunch of people using my stuff and it's usually kids and all that. But as for someone who produces videos, I'm not a big fan of it.

Feld just needs to figure out a way to benefit for themselves, their sponsors/advertisers, and Speed with web video. It's still somewhat a new realm of media in the business world and I'm sure something will work out down the road.

Post a reply to: Feld Motorsports blocking YouTube?

The Latest