Febvre out for the rest of the season, including MXdN

mjskier
9/21/2018 9:51am
So now, if the US win, do we put a * next to the title? Evil
FlaNard
9/21/2018 9:54am
I know injuries happen and several teams (ours included) have years where its hard to send your "A" team, but with France being on such a streak it's kind of shitty if they lose a real shot at it due to multiple injuries. You want to take the trophy from the champs not have it handed to you. Regardless of who wins it.
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
9/21/2018 9:58am
FlaNard wrote:
I know injuries happen and several teams (ours included) have years where its hard to send your "A" team, but with France being on such a...
I know injuries happen and several teams (ours included) have years where its hard to send your "A" team, but with France being on such a streak it's kind of shitty if they lose a real shot at it due to multiple injuries. You want to take the trophy from the champs not have it handed to you. Regardless of who wins it.
Technically speaking we haven't sent the all out American "A" team once during Frances win streak. It's the way it is, at the end of the day who ever wins that day wins.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/21/2018 10:05am
ayearinmx wrote:
so the French Federation questions Marvin's commitment.... and Marvin proves them exactly right by choosing not to go now that Febvre is injured. He said he...
so the French Federation questions Marvin's commitment.... and Marvin proves them exactly right by choosing not to go now that Febvre is injured. He said he was "100% motivated" in the statement he released after he wasn't chosen..... and now that he is chosen, he has said he doesn't want to do it.

i definitely don't blame him for doing so and who knows exactly how personal in got between the Federation and him, but by not racing now, it could easily be seen as him not acting any better than the federation have been acting, with the situation eventually hurting him more this year and in the future.

"cutting off your nose to spite your face" seems like the apt expression here

c'est la vie
I think Marv was all-in before. He'd set aside the time, the team had made the commitment, and things were full speed ahead.

I'd submit that after he wasn't chosen, he made other plans for his off-season and is sticking to them.

The Shop

jeffro503
9/21/2018 10:14am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2018 10:14am
ayearinmx wrote:
so the French Federation questions Marvin's commitment.... and Marvin proves them exactly right by choosing not to go now that Febvre is injured. He said he...
so the French Federation questions Marvin's commitment.... and Marvin proves them exactly right by choosing not to go now that Febvre is injured. He said he was "100% motivated" in the statement he released after he wasn't chosen..... and now that he is chosen, he has said he doesn't want to do it.

i definitely don't blame him for doing so and who knows exactly how personal in got between the Federation and him, but by not racing now, it could easily be seen as him not acting any better than the federation have been acting, with the situation eventually hurting him more this year and in the future.

"cutting off your nose to spite your face" seems like the apt expression here

c'est la vie
GuyB wrote:
I think Marv was all-in before. He'd set aside the time, the team had made the commitment, and things were full speed ahead. I'd submit that...
I think Marv was all-in before. He'd set aside the time, the team had made the commitment, and things were full speed ahead.

I'd submit that after he wasn't chosen, he made other plans for his off-season and is sticking to them.
Yep! You have a way with word's Devo Steveo!
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
9/21/2018 10:21am
Would I love to see Marv out there? Sure. Everyone wants to see the best possible team each year. But we've shown the past few years that it isn't always possible. Wink
c0ncEpT
9/21/2018 11:01am
I'm glad he told them to sit on a cactus. They've shown him nothing but disrespect throughout this entire process.
mb60
9/21/2018 11:15am
Just became a bigger fan of Marvin. This race has become nothing but politics more and more every year.
ayearinmx
9/21/2018 12:03pm
GuyB wrote:
I think Marv was all-in before. He'd set aside the time, the team had made the commitment, and things were full speed ahead. I'd submit that...

And that's entirely his prerogative, and one that (as I said before), i don't blame him for in the slightest... the FFM screwed up multiple times as i've also pointed out, but his refusal hasn't helped the situation because the only people that win out of this are Jordi Tixier and a whole bunch of American fans who want to see America win.

The French fans lose, the French Federation lose (but i think we can all agree no one gives a crap about them), Gautier Paulin and Dylan Ferrandis lose, the fans from around the world who want to see the best riders on the track lose and at the end of the day.... Marvin will have also lost the opportunity to ride the MXoN in his adopted homeland, with a good chance at victory.

I'd have loved him to have come out with a PR that said something like....
"Hi France, despite the best efforts of our inept Federation, I have chosen to line-up at RedBud alongside Gautier and Dylan for the MXoN. I'm doing it because I think we can win and I want our country to win a fifth title in a row. The FFM have not supported me at all and they are not welcome in my pits, but I look forward to wearing the red, white and blue and hope to see you all trackside. Viva la France!"

That hasn't happened though, so it doesn't matter. It's just a big shame really it all played out the way it has, for everyone (except Jordi Tixier).
9/21/2018 12:25pm
Is this karma coming into play? France should have picked Marvin in the first place. I hope they do show up and ride like garbage.
Karma at it's finest. They've fucked themselves over with their bad decision, I can't see that team beating USA at Red Bud.
kaptkaos
9/21/2018 12:39pm
Some of you may know my take on the Frenchies coming over here and winning our titles so I am enjoying this moment!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

I have always had respect for the chatty MM25 even though I root against him, but I have way more respect for him now.

Serves you right Frenchy Federation, GO USA!!
Kyle_McNab
9/21/2018 1:44pm
Good job French federation you dum mfs.
Know you don’t even have a podium team hahah. Maybe they should’ve treated marv better..
9/21/2018 1:45pm
ayearinmx wrote:
And that's entirely his prerogative, and one that (as I said before), i don't blame him for in the slightest... the FFM screwed up multiple times...
And that's entirely his prerogative, and one that (as I said before), i don't blame him for in the slightest... the FFM screwed up multiple times as i've also pointed out, but his refusal hasn't helped the situation because the only people that win out of this are Jordi Tixier and a whole bunch of American fans who want to see America win.

The French fans lose, the French Federation lose (but i think we can all agree no one gives a crap about them), Gautier Paulin and Dylan Ferrandis lose, the fans from around the world who want to see the best riders on the track lose and at the end of the day.... Marvin will have also lost the opportunity to ride the MXoN in his adopted homeland, with a good chance at victory.

"Hi France, despite the best efforts of our inept Federation, I have chosen to line-up at RedBud alongside Gautier and Dylan for the MXoN. I'm doing it because I think we can win and I want our country to win a fifth title in a row. The FFM have not supported me at all and they are not welcome in my pits, but I look forward to wearing the red, white and blue and hope to see you all trackside. Viva la France!"

That hasn't happened though, so it doesn't matter. It's just a big shame really it all played out the way it has, for everyone (except Jordi Tixier).
Fuck that would have been the best move ever from Musquin !

The FFM and Paulin screw us over ! I am French and going to Des Nations but honestly i am gonna support Ferrandis only and the American Team ! Hope Ferrandis wins his class, that's all.

I don't want the French team to win (by any luck because we don't stand a chance since the first selection) in order to teach a lesson to the french federation and hope they remerber their horrible decisions for the next years.

As DV said on twitter, i’m so ashamed and disgusted by the FFM. Go USA and Go Ferrandis !
RG1
9/21/2018 3:34pm
ayearinmx wrote:
And that's entirely his prerogative, and one that (as I said before), i don't blame him for in the slightest... the FFM screwed up multiple times...

Fuck that would have been the best move ever from Musquin ! The FFM and Paulin screw us over ! I am French and going to...
Fuck that would have been the best move ever from Musquin !

The FFM and Paulin screw us over ! I am French and going to Des Nations but honestly i am gonna support Ferrandis only and the American Team ! Hope Ferrandis wins his class, that's all.

I don't want the French team to win (by any luck because we don't stand a chance since the first selection) in order to teach a lesson to the french federation and hope they remerber their horrible decisions for the next years.

As DV said on twitter, i’m so ashamed and disgusted by the FFM. Go USA and Go Ferrandis !
You guys are so fickle it's comical. These guys you're so disgusted and ashamed about are the same guys who raced, picked the team, and created the atmosphere that helped give you success that you've never had before. Now you turn on them at the drop of a hat Grinning
KurtJ99
Fantasy
671st
9/21/2018 3:50pm
Damn... If USA is to win, I really wanted them to beat a fully stocked NLD and FRA teams. I want no excuses!
Clearly if the US wins we and the French Federation need to asterisk the win because of Marvin’s refusal to race.
?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/21/2018 3:54pm
Damn... If USA is to win, I really wanted them to beat a fully stocked NLD and FRA teams. I want no excuses!
KurtJ99 wrote:
Clearly if the US wins we and the French Federation need to asterisk the win because of Marvin’s refusal to race.
?
So does that mean France gets an asterisk for the last few years since Tomac didn't race? Tongue
Stoop
Fantasy
912th
9/21/2018 4:10pm
Why would Marvin want to do them a favor and ride when he knows he will only get screwed over again next year
Kyle_Gill
9/21/2018 4:18pm
i posted this in another thread already but... scrubdaddy has pics of ferrandis riding a 450 today, could he possibly move up and someone else ride the 250 class?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/21/2018 4:24pm
Kyle_Gill wrote:
i posted this in another thread already but... scrubdaddy has pics of ferrandis riding a 450 today, could he possibly move up and someone else ride...
i posted this in another thread already but... scrubdaddy has pics of ferrandis riding a 450 today, could he possibly move up and someone else ride the 250 class?
Did I miss a post? I saw Dylan posted a picture of the #2 on his airbox cover.
Kyle_Gill
9/21/2018 4:28pm
Kyle_Gill wrote:
i posted this in another thread already but... scrubdaddy has pics of ferrandis riding a 450 today, could he possibly move up and someone else ride...
mattyhamz2 wrote:

mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/21/2018 5:08pm
Kyle_Gill wrote:
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Kyle_Gill wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/09/21/288675/s1200_Screenshot_20180921_192103_Instagram.jpg[/img]

I probably should have read the caption earlier Laughing
js451
9/21/2018 6:31pm
Not really a tough decision for Marv. Interrupt your holiday and scramble to be ready or relax on the beach and start preparing to defend the MEC that you won 1 million dollars at last year. Hmmmm
yak651
Fantasy
214th
9/21/2018 7:19pm
500guy wrote:
Bullshit, He isn't losing anything by not going, He was ready if picked and made other plans when He wasn't picked. This falls squarely on the...
Bullshit, He isn't losing anything by not going, He was ready if picked and made other plans when He wasn't picked.

This falls squarely on the French Fedeation nobody else.

The whole MXdN is a huge selfish Money grab and The Fans want to be entitled all at the expense of the riders.
ayearinmx wrote:
your bitterness towards the MXoN is horrible and pretty much overshadows any decent argument you put forth... it's all just hate hate hate hate from you...
your bitterness towards the MXoN is horrible and pretty much overshadows any decent argument you put forth... it's all just hate hate hate hate from you regarding this race

anyway... Marvin certainly could be losing out in the future because by turning the FFM down now, his chances of being picked in any future years have turned to 0% (unless the FFM clean house, which could also happen). Again, I don't blame him for doing so.... it's just a shame he has chosen not to ride, when he has now been given the opportunity ... although it does seem like he's on holiday... which is just another mistake by the FFM to not secure his agreement to be backup 'just in case'.

i have no problem with them not picking Marvin to be begin with as it is all down to individual's opinions on who is fastest.... but everything since that moment they made their decision has been a giant clusterfuck....
- the horrible PR statement question his commitment,
- the lack of understanding or transparency about the decision and the obvious backlash it would cause
- the fact they didn't ask Marvin to be first reserve in case of injury
- and now they just wrote in the new PR that Marvin refused after Febvre's injury

it's all just a complete lack of respect and common sense
So they didn't pick him to race the event when it is in the US after he won the race at the track in the US that it will be held at, but they will pick him in the future??? What are you smoking, if they didn't pick him this year they had no plans on picking him in any future years!
yak651
Fantasy
214th
9/21/2018 7:23pm
RG1 wrote:
He's also a World Champion. It's not like they have picked an amateur
DonM wrote:
A former champ without a ride...my point had nothing to do with his credentials as a rider but to the incompetence and arrogance of the French...
A former champ without a ride...my point had nothing to do with his credentials as a rider but to the incompetence and arrogance of the French federation and the fiasco that they have created...again I said nothing about Tixier's ability I just pointed out he doesn't have a ride...
RG1 wrote:
If Marvin declined then he's the only other real option, they couldn't forsee Febvre getting hurt. It's disappointing to me if Marv declined, Tixier has his...
If Marvin declined then he's the only other real option, they couldn't forsee Febvre getting hurt. It's disappointing to me if Marv declined, Tixier has his own reasons to not help the FFM, but he's still stepping in anyway. I don't think the French Federation deserves that amount of shit they have got for picking a team that's won so many times
Couldn't forsee? MX riders are getting hurt all the time. They announced the team 2 months ahead of the race, the chances of one of the team riders getting hurt is much higher than not getting hurt.
500guy
9/21/2018 7:24pm
yak651 wrote:
So they didn't pick him to race the event when it is in the US after he won the race at the track in the US...
So they didn't pick him to race the event when it is in the US after he won the race at the track in the US that it will be held at, but they will pick him in the future??? What are you smoking, if they didn't pick him this year they had no plans on picking him in any future years!
I guess you are just bitter too? LMAO
yak651
Fantasy
214th
9/21/2018 7:35pm
yak651 wrote:
So they didn't pick him to race the event when it is in the US after he won the race at the track in the US...
500guy wrote:
I guess you are just bitter too? LMAO
Must be, or just have common sense!
make1go
9/21/2018 7:42pm
mxb2 wrote:
Shit happens, get over it. Plenty of other top guys will be there.
um you seem overly concerned with 'our' issue of his stupid ommission, quite ironic. get over it..

um theres about 5 riders in the world on that elite level......that has been plainly shown this year...thats not plenty of "others" im afraid..

but keep digging..
mxb2
9/21/2018 7:52pm
mxb2 wrote:
Shit happens, get over it. Plenty of other top guys will be there.
make1go wrote:
um you seem overly concerned with 'our' issue of his stupid ommission, quite ironic. get over it.. um theres about 5 riders in the world on...
um you seem overly concerned with 'our' issue of his stupid ommission, quite ironic. get over it..

um theres about 5 riders in the world on that elite level......that has been plainly shown this year...thats not plenty of "others" im afraid..

but keep digging..
But your mad over a dirt bike race. Lol.
drt410
9/21/2018 7:52pm
Hes on vacation...
yak651
Fantasy
214th
9/21/2018 7:58pm
drt410 wrote:
Hes on vacation...
Same as Tomac last year...and he was invited this year....

Post a reply to: Febvre out for the rest of the season, including MXdN

The Latest