Febvre out for the rest of the season, including MXdN

GODZILLA
9/21/2018 7:07am
mxb2 wrote:
Sounds like some posters are more upset than marvin. Lol. Pretty sure he will get over it.
He had other plans anyway.

9/21/2018 7:11am
ayearinmx wrote:
so the French Federation questions Marvin's commitment.... and Marvin proves them exactly right by choosing not to go now that Febvre is injured. He said he...
so the French Federation questions Marvin's commitment.... and Marvin proves them exactly right by choosing not to go now that Febvre is injured. He said he was "100% motivated" in the statement he released after he wasn't chosen..... and now that he is chosen, he has said he doesn't want to do it.

i definitely don't blame him for doing so and who knows exactly how personal in got between the Federation and him, but by not racing now, it could easily be seen as him not acting any better than the federation have been acting, with the situation eventually hurting him more this year and in the future.

"cutting off your nose to spite your face" seems like the apt expression here

c'est la vie
Agree, a bigger two fingers up to the federation would be taking up the offer, putting in a great performance and making a point you weren’t first pick.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/21/2018 7:13am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2018 7:15am
Watch... Now that some are saying only possibly getting a podium spot with Tixier, wouldn't it be something if they came out and won?

Bummer that we won't see Marv at MXdN. He should be there for so many reasons, but if he did decline I wouldn't blame him one bit.
early
Fantasy
2212th
9/21/2018 7:16am
ayearinmx wrote:
so the French Federation questions Marvin's commitment.... and Marvin proves them exactly right by choosing not to go now that Febvre is injured. He said he...
so the French Federation questions Marvin's commitment.... and Marvin proves them exactly right by choosing not to go now that Febvre is injured. He said he was "100% motivated" in the statement he released after he wasn't chosen..... and now that he is chosen, he has said he doesn't want to do it.

i definitely don't blame him for doing so and who knows exactly how personal in got between the Federation and him, but by not racing now, it could easily be seen as him not acting any better than the federation have been acting, with the situation eventually hurting him more this year and in the future.

c'est la vie
Sounds like those French guys are real assholes.

Still time to pick up Marv for team Puetro Rico and tattoo the F-U on their face.

The Shop

JBlain619
9/21/2018 7:16am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Watch... Now that some are saying only possibly getting a podium spot with Tixier, wouldn't it be something if they came out and won? Bummer that...
Watch... Now that some are saying only possibly getting a podium spot with Tixier, wouldn't it be something if they came out and won?

Bummer that we won't see Marv at MXdN. He should be there for so many reasons, but if he did decline I wouldn't blame him one bit.
500guy
9/21/2018 7:17am
ayearinmx wrote:

c'est la vie
Bullshit, He isn't losing anything by not going, He was ready if picked and made other plans when He wasn't picked.

This falls squarely on the French Fedeation nobody else.

The whole MXdN is a huge selfish Money grab and The Fans want to be entitled all at the expense of the riders.
Crush
9/21/2018 7:17am
Crush wrote:
I know it sucks for Marv, but I hope he didn't decline, because if you can't swallow your pride and end up declining in this instance...
I know it sucks for Marv, but I hope he didn't decline, because if you can't swallow your pride and end up declining in this instance, then what the fuck are the chances you get picked again.

That sucks for us, I want to see Marv ride at the MXdN, he's had some amazing rides there already.

Fuckin frenchies.
early wrote:
France could have handled the initial situation more diplomatically to set them up to retain Marv as an alternate in case something like this happened. Seems...
France could have handled the initial situation more diplomatically to set them up to retain Marv as an alternate in case something like this happened. Seems like the FFM people involved are handling French ex-pats in America like second class citizens.
Park Boys wrote:
I dont think telling the best French rider in the world if one of the other two French guys we picked ahead of you gets hurt...
I dont think telling the best French rider in the world if one of the other two French guys we picked ahead of you gets hurt we will pick you. Don't see how that would have helped their case.
I mean, they should have just picked him, but whatever the politics and emotions, I want to see the best riders battle. This is easily my favourite race of the year, and nothing would be better than a USA win on home soil with the defending champs at their very best. Sets up the next year and so on.

We're not going to see that for sure. Fans lose. Like I said. Fuckin frenchies.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/21/2018 7:27am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2018 7:31am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Watch... Now that some are saying only possibly getting a podium spot with Tixier, wouldn't it be something if they came out and won? Bummer that...

Yeah it would be something if they came out and won.
Would be cool if Switzerland came out and won as well, but we don't like our chances.

Barcia will beat Paulin by far. Tomac will probably lap Tixier (who doesn't even seem to have a bike yet). Ferrandis and Plessinger are about equal.
They can be happy with a podium now (behind USA and NED). Desalle and van Horebeek have their French opponents covered as well. Depends on Geerts and Belgium might push them off the podium

edit: forgot about team GB... and Germany might then push them outside the top5 lol
mjskier
9/21/2018 7:30am
From RacerX

We have heard the French team did reach out to Marvin Musquin, but Marvin, who didn't expect to compete in the event after he was not originally selected to the team, has been on vacation and declined. The MXoN competes six weeks after the final domestic motocross race, but is now just two weeks away. For U.S. based riders, it's difficult to jump back in if they have not planned the 'Nations into their schedule.

I can't say I blame him. If work called me when I'm on vacation I wouldn't even pick up the phone.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/21/2018 7:31am
Crush wrote:
I know it sucks for Marv, but I hope he didn't decline, because if you can't swallow your pride and end up declining in this instance...
I know it sucks for Marv, but I hope he didn't decline, because if you can't swallow your pride and end up declining in this instance, then what the fuck are the chances you get picked again.

That sucks for us, I want to see Marv ride at the MXdN, he's had some amazing rides there already.

Fuckin frenchies.
early wrote:
France could have handled the initial situation more diplomatically to set them up to retain Marv as an alternate in case something like this happened. Seems...
France could have handled the initial situation more diplomatically to set them up to retain Marv as an alternate in case something like this happened. Seems like the FFM people involved are handling French ex-pats in America like second class citizens.
Park Boys wrote:
I dont think telling the best French rider in the world if one of the other two French guys we picked ahead of you gets hurt...
I dont think telling the best French rider in the world if one of the other two French guys we picked ahead of you gets hurt we will pick you. Don't see how that would have helped their case.
They didn't even tell him afaik. They came to Redbud, he won there. So he thought for sure he would be picked. Then they didn't say anything anymore and he read about the selection on social media.

Had they talked to him and explained why they will pick Paulin in favor of him, he would have been disappointed as well but he would have not been as upset...
They didn't even think of a replacement ffs. I mean it's Motocross, people usually don't get injured, that stuff just doesn't happen
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
9/21/2018 7:33am
Breaking news, Team France chooses a guy without a bike when they could have originally selected the best option with a factory KTM.

Slightly related news, does anyone have a really nice motocross bike that Team France can use?
ayearinmx
9/21/2018 7:34am
500guy wrote:
Bullshit, He isn't losing anything by not going, He was ready if picked and made other plans when He wasn't picked. This falls squarely on the...
Bullshit, He isn't losing anything by not going, He was ready if picked and made other plans when He wasn't picked.

This falls squarely on the French Fedeation nobody else.

The whole MXdN is a huge selfish Money grab and The Fans want to be entitled all at the expense of the riders.
your bitterness towards the MXoN is horrible and pretty much overshadows any decent argument you put forth... it's all just hate hate hate hate from you regarding this race

anyway... Marvin certainly could be losing out in the future because by turning the FFM down now, his chances of being picked in any future years have turned to 0% (unless the FFM clean house, which could also happen). Again, I don't blame him for doing so.... it's just a shame he has chosen not to ride, when he has now been given the opportunity ... although it does seem like he's on holiday... which is just another mistake by the FFM to not secure his agreement to be backup 'just in case'.

i have no problem with them not picking Marvin to be begin with as it is all down to individual's opinions on who is fastest.... but everything since that moment they made their decision has been a giant clusterfuck....
- the horrible PR statement question his commitment,
- the lack of understanding or transparency about the decision and the obvious backlash it would cause
- the fact they didn't ask Marvin to be first reserve in case of injury
- and now they just wrote in the new PR that Marvin refused after Febvre's injury

it's all just a complete lack of respect and common sense
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/21/2018 7:36am
seth505 wrote:
Breaking news, Team France chooses a guy without a bike when they could have originally selected the best option with a factory KTM. Slightly related news...
Breaking news, Team France chooses a guy without a bike when they could have originally selected the best option with a factory KTM.

Slightly related news, does anyone have a really nice motocross bike that Team France can use?
I've got a fresh 13 year old yz250 Laughing
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
9/21/2018 7:38am
seth505 wrote:
Breaking news, Team France chooses a guy without a bike when they could have originally selected the best option with a factory KTM. Slightly related news...

mattyhamz2 wrote:
I've got a fresh 13 year old yz250 Laughing
They'll take it! Grinning
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
9/21/2018 7:39am
mattyhamz2 wrote:

crusty_xx wrote:
Yeah it would be something if they came out and won. Would be cool if Switzerland came out and won as well, but we don't like...
Yeah it would be something if they came out and won.
Would be cool if Switzerland came out and won as well, but we don't like our chances.

Barcia will beat Paulin by far. Tomac will probably lap Tixier (who doesn't even seem to have a bike yet). Ferrandis and Plessinger are about equal.
They can be happy with a podium now (behind USA and NED). Desalle and van Horebeek have their French opponents covered as well. Depends on Geerts and Belgium might push them off the podium

edit: forgot about team GB... and Germany might then push them outside the top5 lol
I still won't count Paulin out at des Nations. He's always so good there, no matter how bad the rest of the year is. He always performs well at MXdN and think he deserves the credit for it until he proves otherwise. Tixier can be a guy that surprises everyone or does absolutely nothing good for France.
make1go
9/21/2018 7:59am
mxb2 wrote:
Sounds like some posters are more upset than marvin. Lol. Pretty sure he will get over it.
so not having one of the best riders in the world, who could win motos or battle right up front is no great loss to us fans??

dear oh dear some cant thunk beyond their dice sized box..
500guy
9/21/2018 8:04am
ayearinmx wrote:
your bitterness towards the MXoN is horrible and pretty much overshadows any decent argument you put forth... it's all just hate hate hate hate from you...
your bitterness towards the MXoN is horrible and pretty much overshadows any decent argument you put forth... it's all just hate hate hate hate from you regarding this race

anyway... Marvin certainly could be losing out in the future because by turning the FFM down now, his chances of being picked in any future years have turned to 0% (unless the FFM clean house, which could also happen). Again, I don't blame him for doing so.... it's just a shame he has chosen not to ride, when he has now been given the opportunity ... although it does seem like he's on holiday... which is just another mistake by the FFM to not secure his agreement to be backup 'just in case'.

i have no problem with them not picking Marvin to be begin with as it is all down to individual's opinions on who is fastest.... but everything since that moment they made their decision has been a giant clusterfuck....
- the horrible PR statement question his commitment,
- the lack of understanding or transparency about the decision and the obvious backlash it would cause
- the fact they didn't ask Marvin to be first reserve in case of injury
- and now they just wrote in the new PR that Marvin refused after Febvre's injury

it's all just a complete lack of respect and common sense
I'm not bitter on the race, I'm just a realist that the Promoter and Fans want to put demands on Riders and Teams who have nothing to gain and everything to lose.

I'm just saying Marvin has not missed anything and if not picked in the future He still won't be missing anything.
mxb2
9/21/2018 8:16am
mxb2 wrote:
make1go wrote:
so not having one of the best riders in the world, who could win motos or battle right up front is no great loss to us...
so not having one of the best riders in the world, who could win motos or battle right up front is no great loss to us fans??

Shit happens, get over it. Plenty of other top guys will be there.
str8line
9/21/2018 8:27am
Crush wrote:

Fuckin frenchies.
early wrote:
Marv is becoming Americanized and French officials in any sport are generally elitist. Not surprised this has turned into a fiasco.
mx510
Fantasy
1744th
9/21/2018 8:45am
Good for Marv!!
TEL36
9/21/2018 8:48am
Seeing as it is two weeks from the race, I would assume that small amount of time to prepare for the race had a bigger affect on his decision to decline rather than his feelings toward the federation, although I am sure that was a factor as well.
9/21/2018 8:54am
mxb2 wrote:
make1go wrote:
so not having one of the best riders in the world, who could win motos or battle right up front is no great loss to us...

It is a loss for us fans because of the French Federations incompetence, not anything to do with Musquin.

After snubbing him, Marv owes them and us absolutely nothing. The entitlement of some people demanding he ride is pathetic.
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/21/2018 9:05am Edited Date/Time 9/21/2018 9:06am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
I still won't count Paulin out at des Nations. He's always so good there, no matter how bad the rest of the year is. He always...
I still won't count Paulin out at des Nations. He's always so good there, no matter how bad the rest of the year is. He always performs well at MXdN and think he deserves the credit for it until he proves otherwise. Tixier can be a guy that surprises everyone or does absolutely nothing good for France.
He has gone 5-7, 3-11 and 3-6 in the last 3 years. It's not bad but it's not great either.
He was amazing in 2014 but in 15 16 and 17 it was Febvre who won the title for them. And now Febvre will be replaced by Tixier. Not good
jeffro503
9/21/2018 9:09am
ayearinmx wrote:

c'est la vie
So if someone kicks you in the nut's.....you shouldn't feel like kicking them back right in the same spot? I'm glad Marvin told them to Eff off , if that's the case.
Jt$
9/21/2018 9:13am
I would bet it's a combination of resentment and he probably hasn't done much since Ironman, either. September is the only month these guys really get any downtime.
SlasherMcGee
9/21/2018 9:18am
Damn... If USA is to win, I really wanted them to beat a fully stocked NLD and FRA teams. I want no excuses!
Robgvx
9/21/2018 9:22am
jeffro503 wrote:
So if someone kicks you in the nut's.....you shouldn't feel like kicking them back right in the same spot? I'm glad Marvin told them to Eff...
So if someone kicks you in the nut's.....you shouldn't feel like kicking them back right in the same spot? I'm glad Marvin told them to Eff off , if that's the case.
But not Tomac?
jeffro503
9/21/2018 9:30am
jeffro503 wrote:
So if someone kicks you in the nut's.....you shouldn't feel like kicking them back right in the same spot? I'm glad Marvin told them to Eff...
Robgvx wrote:
But not Tomac?
Those are two completely different scenerio's there. Eli didn't want to go , Marv did but was turned down. If USA didn't pick Eli ( when everyone knew he should have been picked first anyways )....but didn't , and they went with 3 other rider's? Then at the last minute , they call him up....he would have every reason to tell them to Eff off.

They not only didn't pick Marv , they didn't even give him enough respect to call him about it. He found out on social media. And as far as that goes , he should of been the #1 pick since he just won that event. But he wasn't.....nor was he the 2nd or 3rd pick. If I was Marv.....I would have had a huge smile on my face , all while flipping them the bird.
9/21/2018 9:34am
So many names I would have picked before Tixier. Is this was SXoN he'd be towards the top of my list.
9/21/2018 9:47am
ayearinmx wrote:

c'est la vie
I gotta say I agree.

Whatever the bad blood between you & and your federation, you don't ride for them, you ride for your country, your fellow countrymen and your nations' MX fans. If I were French I'd not only feel let down by the fereration but by the rider in this intance.

Post a reply to: Febvre out for the rest of the season, including MXdN

The Latest