Fear of injury?

Related:
Create New Tag

6/24/2018 2:09 PM

I'm sure this topic comes up every year as we watch the fast boys go down with injuries...small or potentially career/life ending. I've been following the sport for nearly 5 decades and like everyone else, have seen the toll the sport has taken on very talented riders. I'm wondering if like myself, others just disassociate themselves, and keep twisting the wrist. Does that make us stupid or just addicted? BobbyM...give us some perspective.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

6/24/2018 6:05 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/24/2018 6:07 PM

Risk of injury is everywhere.

I thought I was going to die when I fell down the stairs to get my laundry to go to work.

I think it's all about calculating the risk vs reward for most.

|

-streets-

6/24/2018 6:29 PM

A good friend of mine knows and talks to Decoster a couple of times a year - they live in the same neighborhood and do dinner parties together. He gets to talk to Roger from time to time. Roger once told him over dinner (I'm paraphrasing) "the difference between good and great riders is, the best ones aren't afraid of anything."

If you have too much to risk, just don't ride or race as hard. What are you trying to prove and to who? Got news, you aren't going to be the next RC, JS, RD, RV, et al. Go have fun and ride within your limits.

|

6/24/2018 6:40 PM

We just are the rare few who consistently make ourselves believe “can’t happen to me”. Until it does. Then after a while we go “can’t happen to me again” until it does....

|

GP740
Since 1987

6/24/2018 9:02 PM

Fear of injury is why I ride so slow and mostly on vet tracks

|

Instagram: vanillaice782
Amateur helmet painter