Fear The Hype!! Tony Alessi - Manager of the Year!

Boom! Heard it here first! Mark my words!

Carry on....
|
Kyle978
2/16/2020 11:53am
I was actually thinking about that last night. 2 riders in the top 5 most of the race, 1 that is up front almost every start and they gave Brayton the platform to move over to Factory Honda. I am also confident Brayton would be finishing exactly the same on the MCR bike.

I don't see how a manager could have any more impact than Tony does. I would love to see an experiment where they handed him the keys to Factory Yamaha or JGR and their resources. I genuinely believe you would see a turn around. Guys like Jim Perry are irrelevant and IMO keep their team inside a small box.

I grew up hating Tony, he's the only guy I ever saw my late father have a verbal altercation with. I have nothing but respect for his work ethic and knowledge in this sport. He goes so much higher above and beyond than nearly anyone in the industry. It's creepy at times, but you can't deny the results.
TymeMoto
2/16/2020 12:10pm
Tony deserves every bit of credit he’s given.

Everyone who’s ever ridden for Tony has had their best 450 results of their career under him. Last night one of his riders got the holeshot and the other two spent the entire race battling factory guys in the top 5. His team’s results speak for themselves.

Right now 3 different teams have 2 guys in the top 10 in 450 standings: Factory Kawi, Factory Honda and Smartop MotoConcepts Honda.

Tony’s 3 riders are in 7th, 9th and 14th in the points standings. For perspective: Rockstar Husky’s 3 guys are 6th, 11th and 12th, Rocky Mtn KTM’s 2 guys are 10th and 17th, and Factory Yamaha’s guys are 4th and 13th.

I‘d like to see him get the chance to manage the MXON team. Couldn’t hurt to try something new at this point.
Buckland
2/16/2020 1:10pm
TymeMoto wrote:
Tony deserves every bit of credit he’s given. Everyone who’s ever ridden for Tony has had their best 450 results of their career under him. Last...
Tony deserves every bit of credit he’s given.

Everyone who’s ever ridden for Tony has had their best 450 results of their career under him. Last night one of his riders got the holeshot and the other two spent the entire race battling factory guys in the top 5. His team’s results speak for themselves.

Right now 3 different teams have 2 guys in the top 10 in 450 standings: Factory Kawi, Factory Honda and Smartop MotoConcepts Honda.

Tony’s 3 riders are in 7th, 9th and 14th in the points standings. For perspective: Rockstar Husky’s 3 guys are 6th, 11th and 12th, Rocky Mtn KTM’s 2 guys are 10th and 17th, and Factory Yamaha’s guys are 4th and 13th.

I‘d like to see him get the chance to manage the MXON team. Couldn’t hurt to try something new at this point.
I've been saying TA for mxdn for the past three years! Time to mix it up
9bro9
2/16/2020 1:26pm
I agree, time to mix it up. Huge fan of The Man, but what could it hurt utilizing other options?

Another loss?

Not saying TA is the guy to fill the shoes, maybe an ex semi recent winner of MXdN ?

The Shop

Tmick
2/16/2020 1:36pm
Landshark wrote:

Carry on....
Why would he get that? None of them have won or been on the podium.... this year... so no I wouldn’t expect him to get manager of the year.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
2/16/2020 2:27pm
Landshark wrote:

Carry on....
Tmick wrote:
Why would he get that? None of them have won or been on the podium.... this year... so no I wouldn’t expect him to get manager...
Why would he get that? None of them have won or been on the podium.... this year... so no I wouldn’t expect him to get manager of the year.
So, you base your opinion on who has the budget to hire a top contender? Mike and Tony have made that program a top notch operation. Their results are better on average than JGR.
Ranman68
2/16/2020 2:46pm
I thought they were crazy for hiring Justin Hill after what we've seen from that guy, but it's showing to be a damn good idea. There's obviously a method behind the madness. He's getting good results and consistency out of Mookie and Hill both. There is something to be said for that.
BobbyM
2/16/2020 2:47pm
Tony has seen and done it all.. Makes him a great team manager and it shows. I'll vote for him.
plowboy
2/16/2020 2:50pm
I want to publicly apologize to Tony. I've always rooted for Mike and Jeff. As it turns out, what I perceived as crazy mini dad turned lunatic manager was not true in reality. I met Tony at Thunder Valley one year and he seemed cool as Hell. I couldn't reconcile the media opinion of his manic tendencies with the man I met. But, I went with the hype. I said some foolish shit that I know hurt Mike and Jeff's feelings...Tony is too big a man to respond to my ignorance.

I've spoken to his riders and kids he's influenced. They love this guy. He is totally committed to giving 100% to his family, team and riders. That is the definition of a stand up guy.

Sorry for being stupid. Go get 'em Tony.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
2/16/2020 2:50pm
BobbyM wrote:
Tony has seen and done it all.. Makes him a great team manager and it shows. I'll vote for him.
50% less crazy.
plowboy
2/16/2020 3:05pm
BobbyM wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
50% less crazy.
See my post above Chimpy...Tony is not the guy you've been led to believe. Ask anyone in the pits.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
2/16/2020 3:18pm
BobbyM wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
50% less crazy.
plowboy wrote:
See my post above Chimpy...Tony is not the guy you've been led to believe. Ask anyone in the pits.
And you're in the pits how much? Troll on Bro.
plowboy
2/16/2020 3:38pm
avidchimp wrote:
50% less crazy.
plowboy wrote:
avidchimp wrote:
And you're in the pits how much? Troll on Bro.
Not as much as I'd like but enough to get a feeling from people that know Tony. Like I said, I've always been a fan of Mike and Jeff so I kinda made it a point to figure out if Tony was the reason things went sideways for the boys from time to time. People are people and shit happens but I now believe Tony is rock steady.

PS...I don't even know how to troll. Dumbass is my forte.
SoCalMX70
2/16/2020 3:39pm
Tony WAS that crazy mini Dad, plowboy. Make no mistake about it, I saw it first hand. It was 20 years ago when Mike and Jeff were on 80s though. Then there was all the weird drama and antics early in Mike's pro career. Somewhere along the way though Tony learned and became a better person. Good for him! He seems to be a solid guy these days and runs a solid program.

Any shit that family gets these days is just from assholes holding grudges.
plowboy
2/16/2020 3:41pm
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Tony WAS that crazy mini Dad, plowboy. Make no mistake about it, I saw it first hand. It was 20 years ago when Mike and Jeff...
Tony WAS that crazy mini Dad, plowboy. Make no mistake about it, I saw it first hand. It was 20 years ago when Mike and Jeff were on 80s though. Then there was all the weird drama and antics early in Mike's pro career. Somewhere along the way though Tony learned and became a better person. Good for him! He seems to be a solid guy these days and runs a solid program.

Any shit that family gets these days is just from assholes holding grudges.
Wink
Tmick
2/16/2020 7:21pm
avidchimp wrote:
So, you base your opinion on who has the budget to hire a top contender? Mike and Tony have made that program a top notch operation...
So, you base your opinion on who has the budget to hire a top contender? Mike and Tony have made that program a top notch operation. Their results are better on average than JGR.
Smart top has plenty of money, they don’t race outdoors. Get rid of one rider and they can hire a top guy. But I don’t think tony should get team manager of the year. Go look at the team manager who has two red plates..
CPR
2/16/2020 11:28pm
Even Reedy said Tony has been super helpful for them sorting out some gremlins with his bike.

Post a reply to: Fear The Hype!! Tony Alessi - Manager of the Year!

The Latest