Fc quoted $1398.20 for revalve and spring....what?!

alex69
10/6/2018 3:28am
What a total ridicules prices, mx isn't cheap but this isn't funny anymore
Normally oem parts, clothing ect. are cheaper in the US except the euro stuff, but the suspension maintenance is a lot more expensive.
Normal prices here for CC fork and shock revalve inlc. springs on weight and oil around the $600, when the bearings are worn out and all the seals are bad a $100 more.
Crossup
10/6/2018 4:07am
sandman768 wrote:
I have used FC here in Northeast for a long time. They are a great company, fast turn around, support truck at many races & good...
I have used FC here in Northeast for a long time. They are a great company, fast turn around, support truck at many races & good quality work. It"s not cheap, I get a minor discount being a low level support rider, but it helps. If I"m racing weekly, I don't have time to mess around, I send them my suspension. If I have time to play around with my suspension, I would start with the proper springs for my weight & ability..... I don't know how someone can think they need a revalve after riding a bike without the proper springs.... the stock suspension components today are far better than 95% of the riders using it.
Whlle sitting here in the Early Morning Rain waiting for Redbud to open I figured I would respond. Sandman is correct. I've had three brand new bikes done at FC and it was worth every penny. Woods riding over Rock Gardens and everything that mother nature can throw at you I'd rather have the very best then take my chances with a word of mouth up-and-comer vendor. My new bike is a 2019 KTM 250 xc-w TPI. They knew I was coming and went out and had the latest WP suspension tested to make sure it was perfect. A month in riding and I'm completely thrilled with the job they did.
://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/10/06/292116/s1200_20181006_065034.jpg[/img]
8tensolutions
10/6/2018 8:48am
You have the choice of who to send it to, right? Or just leave it stock? If you don't like paying the prices of a company who offers race support, supports Pro efforts including their own team, and has tons of R&D behind what they offer, then feel free to have some dude in a van do the work or simply choose someone else. New bikes like yours are like buying an Indy Car from your Honda Dealer. They are not cheap to begin with and are even more expensive to mod, but it is all your choice.

Compared to other motorsports, Moto is NOT expensive and you have access to almost every single thing the absolutely highest level teams do.
yz133rider
10/6/2018 9:00am
You have the choice of who to send it to, right? Or just leave it stock? If you don't like paying the prices of a company...
You have the choice of who to send it to, right? Or just leave it stock? If you don't like paying the prices of a company who offers race support, supports Pro efforts including their own team, and has tons of R&D behind what they offer, then feel free to have some dude in a van do the work or simply choose someone else. New bikes like yours are like buying an Indy Car from your Honda Dealer. They are not cheap to begin with and are even more expensive to mod, but it is all your choice.

Compared to other motorsports, Moto is NOT expensive and you have access to almost every single thing the absolutely highest level teams do.
Regardless 1400 is a fuck ton for a revalve and one rear spring...

The Shop

10/6/2018 11:16am
Also if it's a kyb sss you can buy a complete oem rebuild kit seals and bushings for 30 bucks through RM.
PTshox
10/6/2018 11:56am
SoCalMX70 wrote:
Still have my quote from RaceTech last year for my YZ250... $1,387.05. Full "Gold Valve" setup. I ended up going with a local guy for $550...
Still have my quote from RaceTech last year for my YZ250... $1,387.05. Full "Gold Valve" setup.

I ended up going with a local guy for $550 and I love the way it turned out. Still, I'll eventually give RaceTech a shot in the future to see if I'm missing out on anything.
Gold valves have their place in certain applications. Usually it's an older bike with some OEM cheap parts in the forks.

However, IMO, on that YZ250, gold valves would be a waste of money. The pistons (mid valve and base) in the SSS fork is huge. No need for a GV.... Same with the shock.
Ryguy125
10/6/2018 1:16pm
mikec265 wrote:
That's ridiculous pricing. Get a hold of Pro-Action.
I would recommend Bob at the Warren Ohio location over the Beaver Falls main headquarters.
Bob does top notch work

Post a reply to: Fc quoted $1398.20 for revalve and spring....what?!

The Latest