Favorite Moto Goggles

rockyuno
8/16/2020 11:10am
rockyuno wrote:
Best bang for your buck , Dragon Vendetta. CHEAP, fits great, replacements are cheap too. I have a lot of goggles , both high and low...
Best bang for your buck , Dragon Vendetta.
CHEAP, fits great, replacements are cheap too.

I have a lot of goggles , both high and low end, but Dragon works all around best for me.
TeamGreen wrote:
Wore them for YEARS, Dragon...that is, from 2006 thru 2019. They backed away from Moto and I noticed the availablity of lenses getting low... So, I...
Wore them for YEARS, Dragon...that is, from 2006 thru 2019. They backed away from Moto and I noticed the availablity of lenses getting low...

So, I moved on to Oakley's durning ML512s 250 Shootoout: Same level of protection & a bit better lense selction (Airbrake).

And, yes, they certainly cost more.
Oh yes, i’ve noticed they backed away from Moto. That’s a shame.

Since I really like them, I made a big purchase of replacements just to have for a long time. Lenses with good care and always with tear offs on lasts lots of rides. And there are alternative tear offs on ebay
sandtrack315
8/16/2020 12:39pm
What vents better for y’all, the airbrake or the armega?
coastie44
8/17/2020 8:12am
Mucktub wrote:
I was in our local MX shop and a guy had a new good quality rear tyre fitted complete with new tube, he also bought a...
I was in our local MX shop and a guy had a new good quality rear tyre fitted complete with new tube, he also bought a lens for his airbrakes. The lens cost the most by quite a margin.

We were discussing this recently, I still use an oakley o frame which was given to me for being an usher at a friend's wedding 14 years ago. Still running the original lens too. I could never pay nearly £200 for goggles.
I keep buying O-frames. I bought, used, then sold a few pairs of Airbrakes. Yes they offer more protection, but these days I don't race anymore so don't need the full roost protection (I can just back it down) so really just prefer my good old O-frames.
Jardo
Fantasy
2028th
8/17/2020 9:43am
Fox Main classic..Cool

The Shop

Buzzard167
8/17/2020 10:18am
Spy Foundations are my fave at the moment
Grant Kasper
Fantasy
4037th
8/17/2020 11:10am
Man now I don't know what brand to try! Like I said I am really happy with my airbrakes but the lenses cost me so much!
Thinking 100%
RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
8/17/2020 4:07pm
I wanted to try the Fly goggles, so I ordered a pair of Zone and a pair of Focus the other day. But Fly canceled the order because they are out of stock. Sad
Spooner
8/17/2020 5:01pm
Man now I don't know what brand to try! Like I said I am really happy with my airbrakes but the lenses cost me so much...
Man now I don't know what brand to try! Like I said I am really happy with my airbrakes but the lenses cost me so much!
Thinking 100%
I think you'll be very happy with the Armega's. I think the airbrakes are a little easier to change lenses on but the Armega isn't hard and the foam is amazing. I never get fogging either. And when you can almost buy a set of the Armega's for the cost of the Prizm lens it's hard to ignore! The Hiper lens works the same as the prizm and is a lot cheaper to buy with that lens already installed vs separate.
BToz
8/18/2020 8:37pm
I like the look of havoc googles and you can build your own color scheme. Anyone try these?
InTheKnow
8/19/2020 3:55am
Armega ftw. It has a good blend of cost and performance verses the other leading brands.
HIPERRR
tobz
8/19/2020 5:32am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2020 5:36am
Currently running air brakes and my only complaint is that the lens is so expensive... especially the prizm lens. In the market to try something new...
Currently running air brakes and my only complaint is that the lens is so expensive... especially the prizm lens.
In the market to try something new. Any recommendations?
Thanks!-
Do you find that they fog up real easy? I have 3 pairs of oakleys (tinted prizm, clear and roll offs) and 2 pairs of 100% and I have to consciously breath downwards through my helmet with the oakleys otherwise the fog up with each breath. Tried anti fog spray and everything 🤷‍♂️
Motofinne
8/19/2020 5:38am Edited Date/Time 8/19/2020 9:13am
Man now I don't know what brand to try! Like I said I am really happy with my airbrakes but the lenses cost me so much...
Thinking 100%
100% Armega and Leatt Velocity 6.5, they are in my opinion the two goggles with the best price to quality/feature ratio. In fact, if you have a face/helmet-combo that works with either of these two i don't see any reason to sticking with the Airbrakes.

These two matches the Airbrake in features and they are way, way cheaper.
Hudd_421
8/19/2020 6:53am
If you don't wear EKS Brand, you wont win
mx317
8/19/2020 9:00am
EKS brand is my new favorite after wearing Oakley for years. I love the new molded lens.
Hudd_421
8/19/2020 9:21am
mx317 wrote:
EKS brand is my new favorite after wearing Oakley for years. I love the new molded lens.
Me too. I would always get dirt/sand in my eyes with 100% and the lenses would always start to crack at the notches in the frames.

Never wanted to spend high dollar on goggles given that I like to have 3-4 pair at a time for racing/excessive sweat from the Texas heat, etc... EKS Brand are really good value and just plain work. I have like 6 pairs, all use the same lenses and tear offs. Just easy and effective.
8/19/2020 1:57pm Edited Date/Time 8/19/2020 1:59pm
FeetUp wrote:
Carrera
Just tugged at my heart strings. Ran Carrera's in the mid 80's awesome goggle.
Oakley airbrakes for me (son) people complain about price but when you do a lens swap in 10 secs they just paid for themselves
aeffertz
8/19/2020 7:55pm
rockyuno wrote:
Best bang for your buck , Dragon Vendetta. CHEAP, fits great, replacements are cheap too. I have a lot of goggles , both high and low...
Best bang for your buck , Dragon Vendetta.
CHEAP, fits great, replacements are cheap too.

I have a lot of goggles , both high and low end, but Dragon works all around best for me.
TeamGreen wrote:
Wore them for YEARS, Dragon...that is, from 2006 thru 2019. They backed away from Moto and I noticed the availablity of lenses getting low... So, I...
Wore them for YEARS, Dragon...that is, from 2006 thru 2019. They backed away from Moto and I noticed the availablity of lenses getting low...

So, I moved on to Oakley's durning ML512s 250 Shootoout: Same level of protection & a bit better lense selction (Airbrake).

And, yes, they certainly cost more.
rockyuno wrote:
Oh yes, i’ve noticed they backed away from Moto. That’s a shame. Since I really like them, I made a big purchase of replacements just to...
Oh yes, i’ve noticed they backed away from Moto. That’s a shame.

Since I really like them, I made a big purchase of replacements just to have for a long time. Lenses with good care and always with tear offs on lasts lots of rides. And there are alternative tear offs on ebay
For you Dragon folk, 24mx is unloading their stock at half price.

https://www.24mx.com/search/result?query=dragon%20goggles&page=1
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
8/20/2020 8:25am
Spy Foundation. Those guys helped me out in my past moto life and I feel grateful for all the support. It doesn't hurt that the new product is really good, too. The Happy Lens is pretty awesome.
TBO
8/20/2020 9:59am
Viral! Great goggles at a decent price. They don’t pinch my nose like many other brands I’ve used.
Jt$
8/20/2020 10:16am
RichieW13 wrote:
I wanted to try the Fly goggles, so I ordered a pair of Zone and a pair of Focus the other day. But Fly canceled the...
I wanted to try the Fly goggles, so I ordered a pair of Zone and a pair of Focus the other day. But Fly canceled the order because they are out of stock. Sad
We will have more in September. I hate being out of stock but in the problems arena, selling out is a relatively acceptable problem.
Grant Kasper
Fantasy
4037th
8/20/2020 10:18am
Currently running air brakes and my only complaint is that the lens is so expensive... especially the prizm lens. In the market to try something new...
Currently running air brakes and my only complaint is that the lens is so expensive... especially the prizm lens.
In the market to try something new. Any recommendations?
Thanks!-
tobz wrote:
Do you find that they fog up real easy? I have 3 pairs of oakleys (tinted prizm, clear and roll offs) and 2 pairs of 100%...
Do you find that they fog up real easy? I have 3 pairs of oakleys (tinted prizm, clear and roll offs) and 2 pairs of 100% and I have to consciously breath downwards through my helmet with the oakleys otherwise the fog up with each breath. Tried anti fog spray and everything 🤷‍♂️
That is very interesting. I have never had a fogging issue with the airbrakes.
MZ193
8/20/2020 10:21am
Fox air space is the best compromise price-quality.
My bad i'm too poor to buy the tear offs for air spaces googles and i use 100%. Racecraft model.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
8/20/2020 11:30am
RichieW13 wrote:
I wanted to try the Fly goggles, so I ordered a pair of Zone and a pair of Focus the other day. But Fly canceled the...
Jt$ wrote:
We will have more in September. I hate being out of stock but in the problems arena, selling out is a relatively acceptable problem.
FWIW, I was kind of disappointed that my order was automatically canceled. I would have preferred for it to just stay on hold until the items got back in stock.
Jt$
8/20/2020 12:05pm
RichieW13 wrote:
Jt$ wrote:
RichieW13 wrote:
FWIW, I was kind of disappointed that my order was automatically canceled. I would have preferred for it to just stay on hold until the items...
FWIW, I was kind of disappointed that my order was automatically canceled. I would have preferred for it to just stay on hold until the items got back in stock.
We don’t sell directly to retail customers as we are a dealer-first company. Orders that are placed on our site are filled by dealers. So if it shows out of stock in our inventory, it gets canceled in our system by default so we don’t pile up backorders instead of directing you to a stocking dealer. I apologize for the inconvenience. There is a VERY good chance that dealers have stock, though. I would check local dealers or online retailers if you’re still interested!
RichieW13
Fantasy
2889th
8/20/2020 12:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2020 12:23pm
Jt$ wrote:
RichieW13 wrote:
FWIW, I was kind of disappointed that my order was automatically canceled. I would have preferred for it to just stay on hold until the items...
Jt$ wrote:
We don’t sell directly to retail customers as we are a dealer-first company. Orders that are placed on our site are filled by dealers. So if...
We don’t sell directly to retail customers as we are a dealer-first company. Orders that are placed on our site are filled by dealers. So if it shows out of stock in our inventory, it gets canceled in our system by default so we don’t pile up backorders instead of directing you to a stocking dealer. I apologize for the inconvenience. There is a VERY good chance that dealers have stock, though. I would check local dealers or online retailers if you’re still interested!
Interesting. I had looked at some other online sites, but didn't find anybody who carried Fly goggles. Though I just checked Dennis Kirk now, and looks like they do. Thanks.

While I have you on the phone, on the most recent Pulp podcast, I heard you mention the Boa system. I went to the Fly website, but couldn't find anything that explained what the Boa system is.

And, just so you know, I never tried Fly stuff before, because I didn't like the name. But, since I listen to tons of Pulp podcasts, and Fly seems to advertise there a lot, I figured I would start trying the Fly products to support the company who supports the podcast I listen to. So far I have been happy with the products I've tried.
Jt$
8/20/2020 12:32pm
RichieW13 wrote:
Interesting. I had looked at some other online sites, but didn't find anybody who carried Fly goggles. Though I just checked Dennis Kirk now, and looks...
Interesting. I had looked at some other online sites, but didn't find anybody who carried Fly goggles. Though I just checked Dennis Kirk now, and looks like they do. Thanks.

While I have you on the phone, on the most recent Pulp podcast, I heard you mention the Boa system. I went to the Fly website, but couldn't find anything that explained what the Boa system is.

And, just so you know, I never tried Fly stuff before, because I didn't like the name. But, since I listen to tons of Pulp podcasts, and Fly seems to advertise there a lot, I figured I would start trying the Fly products to support the company who supports the podcast I listen to. So far I have been happy with the products I've tried.
It’s the most forward thinking closure system out there. We partnered with them in 2015 and have been continuing to innovate ever since.

Check out their site, they can do a better job than I can of explaining their precision in fit. Boafit.com

Post a reply to: Favorite Moto Goggles

The Latest