Fastway pegs for tall riders

john1753
I'm thinking about buying some of the Evolution 3 or 4 adjustable pegs / mounts for my lanky ass 6'4 body.

For anyone that currently runs them, I'm wondering if it's possible to just buy the "Fit Kit" mounts and mount my current aftermarket pegs? Or are the Fastway pegs the only compatible pegs that fit the mounts.

Bike is a 2013 CRF450R and I'm on a bit of a budget, lol.
|
KTMsc
11/7/2018 12:26pm
You need the complete setup.
I run the EVO Air pegs in the low position and I'm very happy with them.
john1753
11/7/2018 12:52pm
Ah ok, was hoping for a shortcut but guess I'll have to fork out the full amount!

Great to hear some good feedback on them, my quads feel like they are about to explode after a moto with the standard pegs as my legs are so folded up.
Patrick461
11/7/2018 1:46pm
Im 6' not super tall but definitely feel more comfortable with Fastway pegs in the lower position I dont feel like I have as much weight over the bars and with bad knees I dont feel as cramped when sitting on the seat. Absolutely awesome product not only are they adjustable but they are WIDE grippy and strong 10 out of 10 rating they are on both my bikes. Worth every penny
11/7/2018 2:02pm
I lost the allure of titanium footpegs the first time I went to sharpen them. Hand file did nothing. Wore out bench grinder wheel without making much of difference. They are excellent when new but after 15hrs no better grip than stock.

Switched to Fastway F7 spikes and replace spikes each year for $25 and have new pegs. Also went to the ankle saver version and will never use anything else. Looking at the wear on the ankle save part it is apparent they have function.

If your going to spend $250 on footpegs might as well be on something safer and easy to keep new. They should be wider in my opinion.

Sure hope they run a Black Friday deal as I have another bike that needs them.

The Shop

50dippin
11/7/2018 3:46pm Edited Date/Time 11/7/2018 3:50pm
I'm 6'4" and run the evo 4's on my 2019 kx450. The stock adjustable peg mounts are nice, but they move the footpeg forwards, which makes shifting and breaking pretty difficult with my size 12 boot. The fastways move the peg down and back which gives me more room. I actually really like the camber adjustment also, I threw a few shims on each side just to remind me to grip the bike with my legs. I still may go with some tall seat foam just to get that extra inch of real estate to grab with my knees but the pegs are a big improvement.

You could also look up system tech racing. They make footpeg mounts that are 12mm lower than stock and if I remember right, they were much cheaper than new pegs. Tbh, i'd rather go this route as it doesn't move the pegs backwards, but they don't make them for kawi's.
11/8/2018 1:10am
50dippin wrote:
I'm 6'4" and run the evo 4's on my 2019 kx450. The stock adjustable peg mounts are nice, but they move the footpeg forwards, which makes...
I'm 6'4" and run the evo 4's on my 2019 kx450. The stock adjustable peg mounts are nice, but they move the footpeg forwards, which makes shifting and breaking pretty difficult with my size 12 boot. The fastways move the peg down and back which gives me more room. I actually really like the camber adjustment also, I threw a few shims on each side just to remind me to grip the bike with my legs. I still may go with some tall seat foam just to get that extra inch of real estate to grab with my knees but the pegs are a big improvement.

You could also look up system tech racing. They make footpeg mounts that are 12mm lower than stock and if I remember right, they were much cheaper than new pegs. Tbh, i'd rather go this route as it doesn't move the pegs backwards, but they don't make them for kawi's.
Did you notice any reduction in quad fatigue or increase in control when standing?

I am very fit (I can run for an hour plus non-stop, cycle all day no issue, lift weights regularly), but after 2 or 3 practice motos my quads are destroyed for the next day or two. The biggest issue is going from seated to standing 50 times a lap when the transition is from such a cramped up position.

I’m happy to spend the money to put these on my bikes, but only if it’s going to make a significant difference.

Thanks in advance.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
11/8/2018 1:45am
I'm 5'11 and got the Evo 4's for my 250 EXC. I was finding it very difficult to stand with the standard pegs as the cockpit felt so cramped. The Evo 4's made a massive difference. It's surprising what 1/2" or so will do.
11/8/2018 1:51am
Derpin' DJ wrote:
I'm 5'11 and got the Evo 4's for my 250 EXC. I was finding it very difficult to stand with the standard pegs as the cockpit...
I'm 5'11 and got the Evo 4's for my 250 EXC. I was finding it very difficult to stand with the standard pegs as the cockpit felt so cramped. The Evo 4's made a massive difference. It's surprising what 1/2" or so will do.
Ok thanks. I’m Benny Bloss size, so I wonder whether half an inch will even be noticeable.
Derpin' DJ
Fantasy
2797th
11/8/2018 2:18am
I would think it would be more noticeable, but perhaps not the full extent you're after. You might need taller bars and seat also
LumpDog841
11/8/2018 4:02am
6'0 barefoot, 6'1" with boots. I use these pegs on my KTM with the F7 cleats and is one of the first mods I do. Helps a lot. I've tried tall seat but prefer the normal height as I feel it messes up the center of gravity in corners.
Crush
11/8/2018 4:07am
Good pegs. Don't run the little pointy ones, go for the grub screw ones in the longer if you like max traction or short if just lots of traction.

They're big tho, and being lower you might notice they catch if you ride rutty shit.
jbrass715
11/8/2018 9:26am
I have the F3's. At 6' 2 I notice a good difference and seemed much more comfortable once I switched
mx317
11/8/2018 6:32pm
50dippin wrote:
I'm 6'4" and run the evo 4's on my 2019 kx450. The stock adjustable peg mounts are nice, but they move the footpeg forwards, which makes...

On my Kawasakis, the pegs came straight down in the lower position. Are the using the other holes in the mount? If you use the holes the bolts come in stock it does move them foward, but not if you use the other holes as intended.
50dippin
11/8/2018 9:57pm
50dippin wrote:

Did you notice any reduction in quad fatigue or increase in control when standing? I am very fit (I can run for an hour plus non-stop...
Did you notice any reduction in quad fatigue or increase in control when standing?

I am very fit (I can run for an hour plus non-stop, cycle all day no issue, lift weights regularly), but after 2 or 3 practice motos my quads are destroyed for the next day or two. The biggest issue is going from seated to standing 50 times a lap when the transition is from such a cramped up position.

I’m happy to spend the money to put these on my bikes, but only if it’s going to make a significant difference.

Thanks in advance.
I can't say it is a huge improvement in leg fatigue. At our height I think the pegs would probably have to be a good 4-6 inches lower to get the same advantage the little guys get, but it is a big improvement in comfort and control. Anything I can do to get more area to grip with my legs helps keep my arm pump down. I ride mostly on the balls of my feet/toes and did notice my heels hitting the ground on large hits. Just need to make sure I get back to my arches and it's not a problem.
8/20/2019 6:38pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2019 6:39pm
Patrick461 wrote:
Im 6' not super tall but definitely feel more comfortable with Fastway pegs in the lower position I dont feel like I have as much weight...
Im 6' not super tall but definitely feel more comfortable with Fastway pegs in the lower position I dont feel like I have as much weight over the bars and with bad knees I dont feel as cramped when sitting on the seat. Absolutely awesome product not only are they adjustable but they are WIDE grippy and strong 10 out of 10 rating they are on both my bikes. Worth every penny
Hi Patrick,

Looking to buy a 2019 or 2020 kxf250 and they have the options to lower the pegs - do you think it gives the same results as the fastway pegs?

Im 6’1
8/20/2019 6:41pm
50dippin wrote:

Hey man im lookin to buy a 2019 or 2020 kxf250 , so you recommend not to use lowered stock pegs because it moves them forward! Great to know !!
50dippin
8/20/2019 6:42pm
Patrick461 wrote:
Im 6' not super tall but definitely feel more comfortable with Fastway pegs in the lower position I dont feel like I have as much weight...
Hi Patrick, Looking to buy a 2019 or 2020 kxf250 and they have the options to lower the pegs - do you think it gives the...
Hi Patrick,

Looking to buy a 2019 or 2020 kxf250 and they have the options to lower the pegs - do you think it gives the same results as the fastway pegs?

Im 6’1
no, the kawi mounts are only something like 5mm lower but they also move the pegs slightly forwards. The fastways are much lower.
Alex.434
8/20/2019 10:41pm
6'1" rider with a long torso checking in. Never made any 'tall guy' changes to any of my bikes, until my latest. Put the Fastway Ankle Savers on (low position of course) and mounted up some CR High bars. Woweewow, can't believe I'd never done this prior.
8/21/2019 3:24am
Alex.434 wrote:
6'1" rider with a long torso checking in. Never made any 'tall guy' changes to any of my bikes, until my latest. Put the Fastway Ankle...
6'1" rider with a long torso checking in. Never made any 'tall guy' changes to any of my bikes, until my latest. Put the Fastway Ankle Savers on (low position of course) and mounted up some CR High bars. Woweewow, can't believe I'd never done this prior.
Hi Alex, ill buy the same pegs today but what do you mean ‘’low position of course’’ ? You have several options when you put them on the bike?
LumpDog841
8/21/2019 3:48am
Hi Alex, ill buy the same pegs today but what do you mean ‘’low position of course’’ ? You have several options when you put them...
Hi Alex, ill buy the same pegs today but what do you mean ‘’low position of course’’ ? You have several options when you put them on the bike?
On the fastway pegs you can mount them in the "normal" position of your stock pegs. Or mount them down and back in a "low" position. It gives you two options. I'm 6'0" and I use these pegs in the "low" position on my KTM.
8/21/2019 4:01am
Hi Alex, ill buy the same pegs today but what do you mean ‘’low position of course’’ ? You have several options when you put them...
LumpDog841 wrote:
On the fastway pegs you can mount them in the "normal" position of your stock pegs. Or mount them down and back in a "low" position...
On the fastway pegs you can mount them in the "normal" position of your stock pegs. Or mount them down and back in a "low" position. It gives you two options. I'm 6'0" and I use these pegs in the "low" position on my KTM.
Yes thanks just watched some videos to understand better and its quite simple!! Only 10$ more for the F4 versus the F3! Deff. Gonna buy the F4 !!
phatfi20
8/21/2019 7:53am
I've flip flopped on these pegs. Was a big lower pegs guy but after catching my pegs on ruts, it started to interfere with my confidence going through them.

Its not bad if you buy these and find you don't like using the low setting. They are great at standard level. Either stiffen your suspension up for that purpose or you can change them over to standard height.

KW62
8/21/2019 8:02am
Another 6' guy who liked the Fastway pegs in the low position on a 13CRF450R and a 16. I went back and forth between normal height and low and always liked the low setting. Doesn't seem to be as much of an issue on my 19CRF so running those stock for now.

Me feet definitely grazed the ground much easier in the low setting when standing through corners which can be unsettling.
JeffWalker841
8/21/2019 10:29am
I ran the Fastway pegs for a number of years as an amateur and was a fan of them. However, I had some issues with the bolt underneath the peg breaking off, allowing the peg to point straight down in the middle of a race. Never resulted in a crash (happened on 3 separate occasions), but I think I was lucky in that regard. I've heard they improved the design since I ran them, but I haven't been ballsy enough to try them again. Not sure if anyone else had a similar experience or not.

On another note, someone trustworthy told me that Works Chassis Lab is working on some titanium foot peg brackets which will allow you to run any aftermarket peg 5-10mm lower than stock. Hopefully soon!
motoXracer971
8/22/2019 6:30am
I ran the Fastway pegs for a number of years as an amateur and was a fan of them. However, I had some issues with the...
I ran the Fastway pegs for a number of years as an amateur and was a fan of them. However, I had some issues with the bolt underneath the peg breaking off, allowing the peg to point straight down in the middle of a race. Never resulted in a crash (happened on 3 separate occasions), but I think I was lucky in that regard. I've heard they improved the design since I ran them, but I haven't been ballsy enough to try them again. Not sure if anyone else had a similar experience or not.

On another note, someone trustworthy told me that Works Chassis Lab is working on some titanium foot peg brackets which will allow you to run any aftermarket peg 5-10mm lower than stock. Hopefully soon!
Of course I read this 20 minutes after I ordered the Evo 4’s for my ‘20 YZ. I searched high and low for brackets and could only find the System Tech Racing Kit that doesn’t work on the 450 (called to confirm).

I’m going to give the Fastways a go and see how they feel, but definitely going to keep my eye out for the WCL brackets you speak of. Might check out their mounts too.

I’m also trying 2” bar risers for the first time this weekend (with the pegs) so we’ll see how that goes. I primarily moto and don’t want to screw up the handling too bad. I’ve heard mixed reviews. Fingers crossed!

*6’3” 210lbs of vet class talent*
Mr. Info
8/22/2019 6:53am
I posted information on another post that IMS makes foot pegs that are 5mm lower and 5mm farther back. Might be something to look into as well.
8/22/2019 8:33am
I ran the Fastway pegs for a number of years as an amateur and was a fan of them. However, I had some issues with the...

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the kind words, My name is Scott, and i'm the Accounts Manager at Fastway. you're correct that we have improved the design. The issue you had with the camber bolt was most likely on an older version of the pegs. a few years ago we switched from a 6mm to an 8mm bolt, and haven't had any breakage issues since. we also changed the OD of the fit collar, to strengthen the area around the pivot pin. Our current versions are much stronger than the older models.
wm741
8/22/2019 12:24pm
I’m 6’3” and put the fastways on my husky in the low position along with some of the washers to adjust the camber and am extremely happy with them. Well worth the money.
Zycki11
8/22/2019 1:08pm
Do the fastways move the pegs back in the lower position? I feel like I could use both lower and slightly rearward
8/22/2019 3:36pm
Zycki11 wrote:
Do the fastways move the pegs back in the lower position? I feel like I could use both lower and slightly rearward
Yes, on most models the low position is about 10mm lower and 10mm further rearward. Some bikes like the 2012 & newer Yamaha 4 strokes, and some KX450's do not work in the low position, due to the place where the camber bolt hits the frame.

Post a reply to: Fastway pegs for tall riders

The Latest