Fast in GP's = fast in Nationals

Related:
Create New Tag

6/15/2010 1:08 PM

If you are good in the Grand Prix’s, then you will be good in the Nationals.

|

6/15/2010 1:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/15/2010 1:15 PM

Not all...but the majority. One way to look at it is how good would a top 5 GP rider do in a WHOLE season in the nationals, and would a top 5 rider from the USA even be able to finish a WHOLE season in the GP´S

|

6/15/2010 1:17 PM

|

6/15/2010 1:54 PM

ssshh... don't let the facts get in the way of american patriotism.. lol

The real way to look at it is how would the top US riders do in the GPs (a neutral series)

Fast is fast a top rider in either series will be able to transfer to the other series and be a top rider it's just a question of adapting to the different styles.

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

6/15/2010 2:00 PM

Team Euro wrote:

Not all...but the majority. One way to look at it is how good would a top 5 GP rider do in a WHOLE season in the nationals, ...more

I should have saved my bears for this occasion I realise, but oh what the hell:

Photo

|

6/15/2010 2:09 PM

mccread wrote:

ssshh... don't let the facts get in the way of american patriotism.. lol

The real way to look at it is how would the top US ...more

It`s not a question of speed, I agree fast is fast anywhere. I was touching on the fact of the brutality of a full GP season. I think the last US rider to complete a WHOLE season was Mike Brown back in 2007? Longer races under European track conditions lead to mistakes and injuries, GP`s are definitely not a gate to checkered flat out sprint

|

6/15/2010 2:10 PM

mccread wrote:

ssshh... don't let the facts get in the way of american patriotism.. lol

The real way to look at it is how would the top US ...more

You put too much emphasis on the different countries/cultures. It's the jet lag. And you need to remember that flying from California to the East Coast is just as far as flying across Europe (Same amount of Jet Lag).

Oh, and the GP's aren't a neutral series....they heavily favor European based riders.

|

6/15/2010 2:13 PM

mccread wrote:

ssshh... don't let the facts get in the way of american patriotism.. lol

The real way to look at it is how would the top US ...more

Team Euro wrote:

It`s not a question of speed, I agree fast is fast anywhere. I was touching on the fact of the brutality of a full GP season. ...more

Osbourne seems to be doing pretty well, huh?

|

6/15/2010 2:31 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 11:25 PM

Titan1 wrote:

Osbourne seems to be doing pretty well, huh?

Incredibly well. That is the point a lot of people have been beating their heads against a wall to try to get across.

We need MORE, not less cross-pollenation. It took a while for Z'Oz to sort it all out, and he is now a better, more well-rounded rider, than he was when he left the US.

You can rag about "offshore" riders invading SX, but they come here with no real experience in that discipline. Our guys going to the GPs are also fish out of water.

The strong will survive. Unfortunately, the balance of trade has fewer of our guys willing to challenge their series than their kids stoked to challenge our guys.

|

The opinions expressed here are possibly not even those of the contributor.

6/15/2010 2:43 PM

Zach is going to be fine and already showing GP mentality, here`s on a great Team who cares, makes a big difference, It just goes to show how he was just a "no-name ,middle of the pack who couldn`t get a ride in the USA" according to people on this forum..hmmm Zach`s cool now. You inexperienced jaded hyped up bench racers have wetdreams about being in his shoes now. you go out and sit on your 2005 Cr450 and jerk off pretending to be a future Zach. You disrepected him long ago and you are fools...

|

6/15/2010 2:44 PM

Actually I was just repeating something Mitch Payton said in his interview about searching out new talent for his team.

|

6/15/2010 2:46 PM

Team Euro wrote:

It`s not a question of speed, I agree fast is fast anywhere. I was touching on the fact of the brutality of a full GP season. ...more

lets see.. supercross plus nationals equals 29 races (not to mention MXdN, US Open, Bercy, Australian SX and a few other Euro Supercross that a lot of the US based riders compete in) seems like a pretty big chunk of racing. I'm pretty sure the GP season is only a few rounds longer than the nationals. Oh and and extra five minutes on the track maybe significant and might lead to mistakes and injuries but no more than the fact that US National riders pace is much faster which also leads to mistakes and injurys. The tracks conditions might be rougher but once again that slows the pace making injurys less likely and less severe.

Face it your argument that the GP series is tougher is not valid. If this is the platform on which you stand to argue the GP series to be the stronger series, you have already lost.

|

Relax this is suppose to be fun...

6/15/2010 2:46 PM

Team Euro wrote:

Zach is going to be fine and already showing GP mentality, here`s on a great Team who cares, makes a big difference, It just ...more

Are you the never was wannabe that moved from Cali to Europe so that you could be competetive in the B class?

|

Larry Friday
[LINK TO IMAGE]

6/15/2010 2:48 PM

mccread wrote:

ssshh... don't let the facts get in the way of american patriotism.. lol

The real way to look at it is how would the top US ...more

Titan1 wrote:

You put too much emphasis on the different countries/cultures. It's the jet lag. And you need to remember that flying from ...more

they race in 14 different countries.... the AMA series races in one and everyone is fastest in their own country...

It is the most neutral series there is with longer motos a full weekend of racing and a bigger variety in tracks..so for me it is best barometer for finding the best overall outdoor rider in the world.

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

6/15/2010 2:49 PM

As to the original, topic the cream rises to the top.. despite what TeamEuro might tell you both the GP's and the Nationals are MOTOCROSS series. The best motocrossers will go fast and be succesful in either series.

|

Relax this is suppose to be fun...

6/15/2010 2:52 PM

mccread wrote:

ssshh... don't let the facts get in the way of american patriotism.. lol

The real way to look at it is how would the top US ...more

Titan1 wrote:

You put too much emphasis on the different countries/cultures. It's the jet lag. And you need to remember that flying from ...more

And you travel across Europe weekly, One of my homes is in Calif, not east coast. I was getting over jet lag when you were still getting your nappies changed. Hey Dufuss..who said the GP`s were neutral? GP`s are GP`s and I bet my BA frequent flyer miles you have never attended a GP outside the USA as your glaring ignorance illustrates so well.Don`t say you have as you will have to prove it

|

6/15/2010 2:54 PM

mccread wrote:

ssshh... don't let the facts get in the way of american patriotism.. lol

The real way to look at it is how would the top US ...more

Team Euro wrote:

It`s not a question of speed, I agree fast is fast anywhere. I was touching on the fact of the brutality of a full GP season. ...more

BLAHBLAH wrote:

lets see.. supercross plus nationals equals 29 races (not to mention MXdN, US Open, Bercy, Australian SX and a few other Euro ...more

You do realise most riders in the AMA dont race the full 28 race schedule due to injuries or supercross only ? All the lites guys race 21 races a year. The season is longer but they don't do more races. SX races are only 15 minutes too.

Also you do realise the GP riders don't just race in the GP series don't you?

The British guys race an 8 round British series plus 15 GPs ( a full weeekend) and a few international races plus a MXDN... and that is all outdoor motocross!

Maybe you should get your facts straight...

and the US pace is not much faster why do you think GP riders run up front at the AMA its the same level how did AC beat Alessi if the AMA series is faster?.... ha ha ha ha ha you are pretty ignorant!

|

Gatedrop.com

SX King MC
World MX King Everts
US MX/SX Goat RC

6/15/2010 2:54 PM

Team Euro wrote:

Zach is going to be fine and already showing GP mentality, here`s on a great Team who cares, makes a big difference, It just ...more

It's a 2006 crF dipshit.

While Titan is right that the travel itself is similar in distance...I am positive that dealing with traveling in the various countries would add a shitload of stress to a person. Everything external to the actual racing does separate the GPs from the AMA Nats.

Still think that a guy like 'Poto would wipe the field in the GP's if he chose to ride them and had the kind of support needed to manage the logistics.

|

6/15/2010 3:04 PM

mccread wrote:

ssshh... don't let the facts get in the way of american patriotism.. lol

The real way to look at it is how would the top US ...more

Titan1 wrote:

You put too much emphasis on the different countries/cultures. It's the jet lag. And you need to remember that flying from ...more

mccread wrote:

they race in 14 different countries.... the AMA series races in one and everyone is fastest in their own country...

It is the ...more

They race in 14 countries the almost all of which are all in Europe...hence the series heavily favors the European based riders.

Longer motos by like 4 or 5 laps....it's not like they're racing for an hour + 2 over there or something.

A full weekend of racing? They race 2 moto's just like they do in the AMA...they have practice sessions just like they do in the AMA....Who cares if their races are on Sunday and practice on Saturday.

|

6/15/2010 3:06 PM

mccread wrote:

ssshh... don't let the facts get in the way of american patriotism.. lol

The real way to look at it is how would the top US ...more

Titan1 wrote:

You put too much emphasis on the different countries/cultures. It's the jet lag. And you need to remember that flying from ...more

Team Euro wrote:

And you travel across Europe weekly, One of my homes is in Calif, not east coast. I was getting over jet lag when you were ...more

McCread-the very person I was replying to-said they were a neutral series.

And all you've got is name calling, and bragging (ONE of my homes is in Calif...leading one to believe you've got more than one home and are "rich))....stick a fork in you. You're done.

|

6/15/2010 3:09 PM

mccread wrote:

ssshh... don't let the facts get in the way of american patriotism.. lol

The real way to look at it is how would the top US ...more

Titan1 wrote:

You put too much emphasis on the different countries/cultures. It's the jet lag. And you need to remember that flying from ...more

Ever travelled through Europe? I would say having to deal each week with a different language, currency (maybe not now with the Euro), food, infrastructure that varies widely etc has a huge impact. Much easier in the US where just about everything is constant.

The US Nationals favour US riders in the same ways that you claim the GP's do.

Oh, and I didn't realise that Europe was a country.

|

6/15/2010 3:11 PM

GP's have more seat time than AMA= FACT
let's take 2 minute lap times, 30+2 gets you 17 laps, 40+2 gets you 22 laps that's 30% more. so every 5 minutes more on the bike gets you 15% more tired.
Again fact.

Which series is faster? i think, except some extraordinairy riders, they are pretty even.

|

Roger DeCoster, Team Manager: I have to thank Tony and Jeffrey for the riding lessons; you guys were unbelievable.

6/15/2010 3:11 PM

ando wrote:

Ever travelled through Europe? I would say having to deal each week with a different language, currency (maybe not now with ...more

Much easier in the US where just about everything is constant.



You are right about one thing...USA RULES!!! We do it better and make life easier for scooter racers. Tony should jump the pond.


w00t
|

6/15/2010 3:11 PM

This Poto spectator guy would probably do quite well on the weekends..no doubt fast, but a little fragile. This Potp guy has to deal with travel, border crossings, language barriers, a sense of no home,no friends, no one to talk to. how do I order a meal in Latvia? What do I do Monday to Thursday, where do I have to be to practice and what country is it in and how do I get there?This Poto has to make all border crossings with a USA passport ( he`ll learn to regret that) This Poto will not fit in, he will not be a hero anywhere except the track, he will have a tough time from the time he wakes up to the time he goes to sleep. 2 months into the season this Poto wants to go home to his comfort zone where he`s a hero and can order a meal by himself.

|

6/15/2010 3:12 PM

Team Euro wrote:

It`s not a question of speed, I agree fast is fast anywhere. I was touching on the fact of the brutality of a full GP season. ...more

BLAHBLAH wrote:

lets see.. supercross plus nationals equals 29 races (not to mention MXdN, US Open, Bercy, Australian SX and a few other Euro ...more

mccread wrote:

You do realise most riders in the AMA dont race the full 28 race schedule due to injuries or supercross only ? All the lites ...more

Mccread you are truly and completely an idiot.. The comment I made was in response to TeamEuro's post trying to prove how tough the GP series is and how its toughness results in injuries.. I argued that the AMA series including supercross was a lot of racing which results in injury and the first sentance you wirte is about how MOST US based riders don't ride the full series due to injury.

then you try to back your point up with Alessi one of only a couple of US racers to enter the GP was beat by Carolli. Obviously you forgot Townley one the second moto against a full field of GP riders. In case you were wondering.. In three rounds of Nationals neither Townley nor Alessi have won an Overall. But in only one race which is suppose to be so much tougher than their normal series they faired extremley well. Come to think of it neither Townley or Alessi have ever won a US National championship. Congrats your best rider, multi-time "world champion" beat two of our top five guys in one race.

Get you facts strait... Mccread I may argue points with your buddy TeamEuro but your just a moron.

|

Relax this is suppose to be fun...

6/15/2010 3:13 PM

Team Euro wrote:

Zach is going to be fine and already showing GP mentality, here`s on a great Team who cares, makes a big difference, It just ...more

The truth about Zach is he was a often injured rider whose team was falling apart. He and Tyler Bowers had been injured and when they were ready to return Yamaha of Troy told them to stay home. Zach bailed mid season and went to Europe because there was little chance to find a ride in the middle of the series.

He sure seem to bring up in interviews that if a ride was available in the states he would come home.

|

6/15/2010 3:14 PM

Team Euro wrote:

This Poto spectator guy would probably do quite well on the weekends..no doubt fast, but a little fragile. This Potp guy has ...more

LMAO!!!!

you're killing me bro....straight comedy central.

|

6/15/2010 3:17 PM

Hej Dufuss..step up with your European experience..rise to the occasion

|

6/15/2010 3:19 PM

Team Euro wrote:

Hej Dufuss..step up with your European experience..rise to the occasion

Your attention is requested in this thread....

http://www.vitalmx.com/forums/MotoRelated,20/Remember-when-the-Nationals-where-dominated-by-riders-from-the-USA,961291?page=4

You've conveniently dissappeared from it...why?

|

6/15/2010 3:22 PM

Team Euro wrote:

Hej Dufuss..step up with your European experience..rise to the occasion

Americans don't have to ever watch or follow a European MX series to see the best European riders... Almost all of Europes best talent races hear in the states. Us Americans get to see them battle it out at stadiums and motocross facilities accross the wonderful USA.

Maybe that is what you are really mad about. It probably burns your ass to know that if you want to see the best Motocross in the world you have to come to America to watch it.

|

Relax this is suppose to be fun...