Fast Frenchmen

Related:
Create New Tag

7/2/2018 7:25 PM

If Dylan Ferrandis wins Red Bud and Marvin is competitive with Eli then I don’t see the MXoN being the American walk many are predicting. Those two plus one of Febvre or Paulin is a formidable team. Tres formidable, mais oui? Honestly Ferrandis might be the best MX2 of anyone and both Febvre and Paulin are MXoN assassins.

For the record I’m Canadian so I don’t have a patriotic dog in the fight. Canada will be lucky not to be in B final as usual.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

7/2/2018 7:35 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/2/2018 7:35 PM

Tomac has Marv covered all day long. All the sudden Ferrandis is the best 250 rider? Kudos on his win last weekend but he didn't have Forkner and Amarts speed. If AP starts riding like he should he's quicker than him and how about Shane Mac? Who by way got zero credit for winning a couple weeks ago. What fantasy land is Dylan the best 250 rider?

|

7/2/2018 7:43 PM

cbuehler767 wrote:

Tomac has Marv covered all day long. All the sudden Ferrandis is the best 250 rider? Kudos on his win last weekend but he didn't have Forkner and Amarts speed. If AP starts riding like he should he's quicker than him and how about Shane Mac? Who by way got zero credit for winning a couple weeks ago. What fantasy land is Dylan the best 250 rider?

Well. Ferrandis started around 10th and was about 10 seconds off Forkner/AMart yet he did catch them. And it was his second race.

Marvin, Febvre, Ferrandis is a very strong team.

|

7/2/2018 7:45 PM

He won because Martin and Forkner KOd each other!

|

7/2/2018 7:50 PM

I do t think Marv will ride the des nations

|

7/2/2018 7:51 PM

cbuehler767 wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

Well. Ferrandis started around 10th and was about 10 seconds off Forkner/AMart yet he did catch them. And it was his second race.

That team could win all day long no doubt.

|

7/2/2018 7:52 PM

Beeby wrote:

Seen that a couple times... why is this common thought again?

|

7/2/2018 8:00 PM

DPR250R wrote:

I think its because marv got dropped a few years back because he was riding in the us and the french federation wanted european riders over him

|

7/2/2018 8:03 PM

hamncheeze wrote:

If Dylan Ferrandis wins Red Bud and Marvin is competitive with Eli then I don’t see the MXoN being the American walk many are predicting. Those two plus one of Febvre or Paulin is a formidable team. Tres formidable, mais oui? Honestly Ferrandis might be the best MX2 of anyone and both Febvre and Paulin are MXoN assassins.

For the record I’m Canadian so I don’t have a patriotic dog in the fight. Canada will be lucky not to be in B final as usual.

"Canada will be lucky not to be in B final as usual."

I think they'll easily make the main. Have you seen Benoit, Facciotti and Pettis ride this year? Have Thompson and Maffenbeier as alternates.

Guess we'll see who Kourtney picks for team Canada but I personally think that should be our team this year.
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

7/2/2018 8:09 PM

cbuehler767 wrote:

Motofinne wrote:

cbuehler767 wrote:

Yep

|

7/2/2018 8:14 PM

kkawboy14 wrote:

The result counts. He went 4-2-1 after his comeback which is pretty damn good.
Not sure I would say he's the best 250 rider. But on a good day he can probably beat any other 250 rider. But so can guys like plessinger and probably savatgy

|

7/2/2018 8:16 PM

Beeby wrote:

DPR250R wrote:

The year GL said the French weren't gonna win the event because they didn't pick him? whistling

|

7/2/2018 8:23 PM

Pretty strong team if they can afford to leave Paulin at home. He's been probably the most impressive and consistent performer at the MXDN out of all riders in the last 5 years.

|

7/2/2018 8:41 PM

cbuehler767 wrote:

Febvre, Paulin, Musquin, Ferrandis and even Paturel are all former MXoN winners.
French team is in a position where they have three top tier riders for 450, so they don't depend on any particular rider for that class, and one of them would be easily available for 250 in an emergency situation.
Whether we like it or not, no other country is as solid as them right now.

|

7/2/2018 8:47 PM

Ferrandis Was the only rider that could send hang with Herlings, he's no joke.

|

7/2/2018 11:46 PM

DrinkMoreWater wrote:

Ferrandis Was the only rider that could send hang with Herlings, he's no joke.

Hang? sometimes ?beat him in one overall....
Could come down barcia vs fevbre or paulin....think it will be close

|

RV, 4 th to 8 th, mxgp

7/3/2018 12:23 AM

cbuehler767 wrote:

He cerainly had amart and forkner speed and more the last two weekends. did you not watch the race? He had consistenly faster laptimes and was catching them fast from way back. It is not out of the question that he might have passed them both without them crashing.

|

7/3/2018 1:32 AM

kkawboy14 wrote:

Aye

Photo

|

James = #7. Malcolm = #27
7/27=0.259259259259259259259
Stewart return confirmed!

7/3/2018 6:24 AM

Spudinki25 wrote:

I think its because marv got dropped a few years back because he was riding in the us and the french federation wanted european riders over him

If that is still the train of thought and both Marv and Ferrandis are not going to be considered, pretty short sighted on their part.

|

7/3/2018 7:48 AM

DPR250R wrote:

Spudinki25 wrote:

DPR250R wrote:

If that is still the train of thought and both Marv and Ferrandis are not going to be considered, pretty short sighted on their part.

But he rode the year after at their home mxdn, if I’m not mistaken, so I don’t think he’s holding any serious grudges.

|

7/3/2018 11:48 AM

Best team hands down who ever the hell they choose to select.

|

7/3/2018 12:03 PM

The french teammanager will habe a hard time not choosing paulin and febvre. But this year they would be stupid not to choose ferrandis, musquin and febvre. Thats a winning team

|