Fast Freddy!!

8-10 for Fast Freddy real good day for someone who's never been too great in the sand. And he did it with some other guys practice engine, so props to whoever let him use their engine and his mechanic for getting the motor swapped, and apparently he only did like 4 laps of practice before the motos.

Pumped for him!!
|
Lastander
7/9/2017 6:57am
Yeah Freddy needs more recognition considering he is running a bike that has less work done on it than most guys practice bikes
7/9/2017 7:45am
FF is always flying under the radar. Sure would be nice if Honda would loan him a engine or 2. Just another solid ride for what seems to be a great person. Well done!

tcallahan707
7/9/2017 9:26am
I'd be willing to bet in a year from now, he has a great ride and is battling for some top 5s. He is only getting better at SX which is what is what's holding him back.

He got back to 13th a few weeks ago without a shifter and brake lever. Gnarly.

The Shop

H4L
7/9/2017 10:48am
That was impressive considering it was someones practice engine & going top 10 on both motos. Can't remember, but there was a factory rider (could've been DW15) I think it was in the 1st moto he was pulling on some straights. I've been a fan & good to see some of the non-factory riders on a lower budget get good results.
JRT812
7/9/2017 11:09am Edited Date/Time 7/9/2017 11:09am
Freddy looked fast
7/9/2017 11:49am
GuyB wrote:
http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/Fredrik-Noren,15850/GuyB,64
Can someone help me understand something? He has on a good looking shirt for his interview with GuyB, showing his sponsor. HRC racing is clearly visible on the shirt. He has filled in for Honda with factory support. Looks very professional in his interviews, I have never heard a bad thing about him. Why is he staggering through the pits looking for a engine for his bike?? I understand he does not have extra engines laying around, but HRC can't help him? Just seems strange to me. I do not expect Honda to drop everything and replace his engine, but Honda can't come up with a engine?
tcallahan707
7/9/2017 2:45pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2017 2:49pm
GuyB wrote:
http://www.vitalmx.com/videos/features/Fredrik-Noren,15850/GuyB,64
1911 wrote:
Can someone help me understand something? He has on a good looking shirt for his interview with GuyB, showing his sponsor. HRC racing is clearly visible...
Can someone help me understand something? He has on a good looking shirt for his interview with GuyB, showing his sponsor. HRC racing is clearly visible on the shirt. He has filled in for Honda with factory support. Looks very professional in his interviews, I have never heard a bad thing about him. Why is he staggering through the pits looking for a engine for his bike?? I understand he does not have extra engines laying around, but HRC can't help him? Just seems strange to me. I do not expect Honda to drop everything and replace his engine, but Honda can't come up with a engine?
Because his SX results haven't been where they need to be. I think he'll get there next year. It is odd that Honda doesn't help out more. I can understand not giving him a factory motor and I'm sure they don't keep stock ones laying around but still. They bring two rigs to the races, many times with one rider. They can't throw his bike in the semi and hook him up with a practice bike? That seriously costs them basically nothing. It's a joke that a top 10 rider has to either drive all summer long or find someone to haul his bike to each round just so he can fly in.

DADTAXI
7/9/2017 4:28pm
8-10 for Fast Freddy real good day for someone who's never been too great in the sand. And he did it with some other guys practice...
8-10 for Fast Freddy real good day for someone who's never been too great in the sand. And he did it with some other guys practice engine, so props to whoever let him use their engine and his mechanic for getting the motor swapped, and apparently he only did like 4 laps of practice before the motos.

Pumped for him!!
It's my buddy chris Makuta. I made a post about his two 17s blowing up two weeks ago . One was at 6h other at 34h. Believe Honda did something for him.

7/9/2017 10:31pm
DADTAXI wrote:
It's my buddy chris Makuta. I made a post about his two 17s blowing up two weeks ago . One was at 6h other at 34h...
It's my buddy chris Makuta. I made a post about his two 17s blowing up two weeks ago . One was at 6h other at 34h. Believe Honda did something for him.

Thank you
Nystrom
7/10/2017 12:40am
I'd be willing to bet in a year from now, he has a great ride and is battling for some top 5s. He is only getting...
I'd be willing to bet in a year from now, he has a great ride and is battling for some top 5s. He is only getting better at SX which is what is what's holding him back.

He got back to 13th a few weeks ago without a shifter and brake lever. Gnarly.
He already has a top 5 moto finish at Millville! And dont forget his ride at Des Nations in Kegums.
kiwifan
7/10/2017 1:40am Edited Date/Time 7/10/2017 1:42am
1911 wrote:
Can someone help me understand something? He has on a good looking shirt for his interview with GuyB, showing his sponsor. HRC racing is clearly visible...
Honda have been helping him....

Edit: oopss someone else already confirmed that
Jrewing
7/10/2017 1:51am
He's way better than the Japanese full-in rider out of the HRC tent.
Bearuno
7/10/2017 2:40am
It's strange. He's filled in at Honda a few times now, to my recollection. And did pretty well for them.

Everyone seems to like him. He gets good results, and is getting better at 'The SX Circus' . Didn't he qualify for the 450 night show on a 250 this year?

You'd think Honda might get him on a deal somewhat like Philthy Phil had. I'm sure having him on a retainer for stepping into the team during injuries, and as , say, a test rider wouldn't break the bank for Honda. Perhaps he's committed to living elsewhere / away from where he'd need to be based to work for Honda?

But, you see that interview, and he's having to turn to a (fellow) privateer for use of a motor.

As I said at the start - it's strange.
kiwifan
7/12/2017 1:04pm Edited Date/Time 7/12/2017 1:06pm
1911 wrote:
http://racerxonline.com/2017/07/11/unsung-hero-tyler-nowlin

This cleared up things, HRC uses electric start. HRC did also install a cam in the engine he borrowed
Good to see some facts rather than speculation as to why Honda wasnt able to give him a motor...as you said clearly they still helped him out.

Post a reply to: Fast Freddy!!

The Latest