Fast By Ferracci Husqvarna Cr 250 help needed?/ Build

Hammer 663s
11/4/2021 10:51am Edited Date/Time 11/4/2021 10:52am
SLAPAHO wrote:
So awesome. If you never committed to this crazy project, that bike would have died a miserable death and would have just rotted away into nothing...
So awesome. If you never committed to this crazy project, that bike would have died a miserable death and would have just rotted away into nothing. Huge props for saving it. I’ve been following this thread and am amazed at the effort you’ve put in. 👍. If you ever decide to take donations, I’d be down to kick in a couple of bucks. Good job man 👌👌👌
Thanks a lot man it’s been a hell of a project and I’m pretty deep into it more then I could ever sell it for I’m...
Thanks a lot man it’s been a hell of a project and I’m pretty deep into it more then I could ever sell it for I’m sure . I couldn’t just see it just rot away one more bad owner and I’m sure it would of been in scrap yard . I’m about 6k into it now , I paid 3k for bike . Every pay I just buy some parts lol . Savings and budget got ate up fast. but she’s worth it and deserved to be saved !!
I’m thinking it’s going have to be over 10k when all Done I’m just going keep plugging away ordering a bit of parts every pay, and...
I’m thinking it’s going have to be over 10k when all
Done I’m just going keep plugging away ordering a bit of parts every pay, and searching eBay and online every night for parts . It’s a hell of challenge tracking down parts and finding parts and trying get people part with parts that have parts I’m finding . Not much out there and a lot of oem parts are unevlbale I’m finding.
I bought my 79RM125 for $1500 too. Then I spent another $4500 making it as close to perfect as I could get it, within some reason. I could have easily spent more!

I will never get my $$$ out of it, but that's not the point, right? Smile Now I have it sitting outside my office for the winter. We will ride it on occasion when the weather is perfect just because we should. My boy will get it when I'm gone.

Hammer 663s
11/4/2021 11:05am
Thanks a lot man it’s been a hell of a project and I’m pretty deep into it more then I could ever sell it for I’m...
Thanks a lot man it’s been a hell of a project and I’m pretty deep into it more then I could ever sell it for I’m sure . I couldn’t just see it just rot away one more bad owner and I’m sure it would of been in scrap yard . I’m about 6k into it now , I paid 3k for bike . Every pay I just buy some parts lol . Savings and budget got ate up fast. but she’s worth it and deserved to be saved !!
I’m thinking it’s going have to be over 10k when all Done I’m just going keep plugging away ordering a bit of parts every pay, and...
I’m thinking it’s going have to be over 10k when all
Done I’m just going keep plugging away ordering a bit of parts every pay, and searching eBay and online every night for parts . It’s a hell of challenge tracking down parts and finding parts and trying get people part with parts that have parts I’m finding . Not much out there and a lot of oem parts are unevlbale I’m finding.
I bought my 79RM125 for $1500 too. Then I spent another $4500 making it as close to perfect as I could get it, within some reason...
I bought my 79RM125 for $1500 too. Then I spent another $4500 making it as close to perfect as I could get it, within some reason. I could have easily spent more!

I will never get my $$$ out of it, but that's not the point, right? Smile Now I have it sitting outside my office for the winter. We will ride it on occasion when the weather is perfect just because we should. My boy will get it when I'm gone.

Hammer 663s
It’s a dream bike for me and going be kept mostly inside and never used after which I’m ok with. I don’t ever plan on parting with it for no amount of money even if someone offered me 15k 20k I wouldn’t sell it .
11/4/2021 3:23pm
I would sell my whole parts lot for $350
I’m interested in the tank and brake line guide and maybe the back rim with hub and maybe even front . I’m just going be 3 weeks befor I can buy that off you. I’m committed to buy other parts right now from stormworksgarage this pay and it’s really some stuff I need right now and stuff I have been looking forward to !!

The Shop

LungButter
11/4/2021 3:41pm
I gotta agree that it's pretty bad ass what you are doing with this bike.

Can't say that I have any attachment or personal sentiments to those Husky's but they are pretty historically significant in my opinion and it's cool to see one being saved from a certain death in the scrap bin eventually.

Good on you man, I hope you enjoy many cold ones staring at it over the years.
11/4/2021 4:04pm
LungButter wrote:
I gotta agree that it's pretty bad ass what you are doing with this bike. Can't say that I have any attachment or personal sentiments to...

Can't say that I have any attachment or personal sentiments to those Husky's but they are pretty historically significant in my opinion and it's cool to see one being saved from a certain death in the scrap bin eventually.

Can’t wait for that day to be able to walk out into garage and just sit down and stare at the old girl when she’s all together .
11/5/2021 7:48pm Edited Date/Time 11/5/2021 7:48pm
The Ti subframe and JD ignition were the best parts I got from FBF for my Husky's, but I think I may have gotten the last subframe they had. I thought those engines were bulletproof. I had a ton of 250 parts, but I unloaded everything when KTM bought Husky.

Skerby
11/5/2021 8:34pm
LungButter wrote:
I gotta agree that it's pretty bad ass what you are doing with this bike. Can't say that I have any attachment or personal sentiments to...

I owned 2 of the 125s and I dont even feel attachment to them lol.

Love the build though, my buddy still has the 125 I sold him years ago and I still stare at it from time to time.
11/5/2021 10:02pm
The Ti subframe and JD ignition were the best parts I got from FBF for my Husky's, but I think I may have gotten the last...
The Ti subframe and JD ignition were the best parts I got from FBF for my Husky's, but I think I may have gotten the last subframe they had. I thought those engines were bulletproof. I had a ton of 250 parts, but I unloaded everything when KTM bought Husky.

My hope is to get my hands on ti subframe one of the rare parts on my list to get and the DID shoulderless rims. I might have plan for the rims
11/6/2021 1:19pm
She’s coming together Soo sooo happy she’s looking good again so much better then when I first saw her [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/11/06/517372/s1200_EFD31D99_1421_4761_AFA2_8CDF6D41BA0E.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/11/06/517373/s1200_30D62C0C_0448_4404_845E_260A2AEE9EE2.jpg[/img]
She’s coming together Soo sooo happy she’s looking good again so much better then when I first saw her

I left the Ferracci rider setting sticker it’s a bit chewed up but didn’t want to lose it on forks .
11/6/2021 1:24pm Edited Date/Time 11/6/2021 2:39pm
2016 Thruxton R?
Yes shes such a fun bike. I sold my last dirtbike 2 years ago to buy her I was done with motocross burnt out on riding I had a bunch of injuries riding motocross when I was younger and was starting catch up on me . So I seen this bike for sale, year old same price as new but came with all the oem mod parts and only 1000k on it . It’s such a blast to ride around town picks up front wheel so easy and corners so crazy. I thought I wouldn’t own another dirtbike, this was only bike I would ever buy again and because it was that one dream bike for me if I ever had a chance to own one I said I would !!
11/6/2021 8:42pm Edited Date/Time 11/6/2021 8:44pm
Couldn’t cal it a night with out trying out my super rare slechten pipe, thanks to scott from toy tech cycles on this pipe !! . And this is it tell I get more parts in from Stormworksgarage .
11/9/2021 3:51pm
I need help finding a holder for the dual map ignition it’s still one thing I can’t seem find at all if anyone has any Leeds on one please let me know . Im going try fab one up best I can for now
11/9/2021 5:05pm
I need help finding a holder for the dual map ignition it’s still one thing I can’t seem find at all if anyone has any Leeds...
I need help finding a holder for the dual map ignition it’s still one thing I can’t seem find at all if anyone has any Leeds on one please let me know . Im going try fab one up best I can for now
No fear dude we are in the process of getting some carbon ones made for your type husky and the JD fuel map ignition so watch this space for an update 🤙
FlyingBob
11/10/2021 5:21am
My hope is to get my hands on ti subframe one of the rare parts on my list to get and the DID shoulderless rims. I...
My hope is to get my hands on ti subframe one of the rare parts on my list to get and the DID shoulderless rims. I might have plan for the rims
I have a set of those hoops.
11/10/2021 11:09am
My hope is to get my hands on ti subframe one of the rare parts on my list to get and the DID shoulderless rims. I...
FlyingBob wrote:
I have a set of those hoops.
Would you like sell them ?
11/10/2021 2:02pm
Custom race ignition holder thanks to a motor coach bus part from work . I will sand blast it up and paint it up . This will do tell the real thing comes around !!
11/12/2021 2:37pm
Want to say thanks to everyone reaching out to me on this build and for the leads on parts . It’s because of vital mx I have been able to do this build and the leads on parts has come through here. Everyone has said keep eye eBay but it has all been members on here helping and just want to say thanks again. This is a dream bike for me and I’m so close now having everything I need and it’s all thanks to vital mx and the members here !!!
11/13/2021 4:07pm
I’m looking for a new or used oem rear fender or a older style light blue UFO one. I ordered a new UFO one “it showed on site light blue like oem” but came in dark navy and it’s just way off from the graphic colours . if anyone has leads on either please let me know thanks !!

11/14/2021 1:27am
Hello!

Interesting topic. My friend has a Husky shop in the Netherlands and has lots of parts from this era of Huskies. You should contact him if you need still some parts.

http://www.benvanerp.nl/

11/14/2021 1:15pm
SLAPAHO wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/11/14/518304/s1200_D2401A3A_B22B_461E_8A46_8839484428CE.jpg[/img]

Thanks to vital mx member Underground I have Tyler Evans number plates coming for the build. He got them from Kibby, Evans mechanic at FBF. Can’t wait to see the # 247 on bike when all done !! And this week I found a item I didn’t think I would ever find for the build but thanks to a member here I have a set of the black D.I.D shoulderless rims the team ran on a handful of bikes and very super rare never thought I would find set !!
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
609th
11/14/2021 1:22pm Edited Date/Time 11/14/2021 1:24pm
Thanks to vital mx member Underground I have Tyler Evans number plates coming for the build. He got them from Kibby, Evans mechanic at FBF. Can’t...
Thanks to vital mx member Underground I have Tyler Evans number plates coming for the build. He got them from Kibby, Evans mechanic at FBF. Can’t wait to see the # 247 on bike when all done !! And this week I found a item I didn’t think I would ever find for the build but thanks to a member here I have a set of the black D.I.D shoulderless rims the team ran on a handful of bikes and very super rare never thought I would find set !!
Yup, saw that. That’s why I posted the pic of One Punch that I came across yesterday. And some loser already down voted it Laughing
Ps. I looked all over the place for that color rear fender yesterday, nothing. Strange.
11/14/2021 2:47pm
Thanks to vital mx member Underground I have Tyler Evans number plates coming for the build. He got them from Kibby, Evans mechanic at FBF. Can’t...
SLAPAHO wrote:
Yup, saw that. That’s why I posted the pic of One Punch that I came across yesterday. And some loser already down voted it :laugh: Ps...
Yup, saw that. That’s why I posted the pic of One Punch that I came across yesterday. And some loser already down voted it Laughing
Ps. I looked all over the place for that color rear fender yesterday, nothing. Strange.
Never thought the rear fender would be the hardest part to find I still can’t believe I haven’t found one but I’ll keep looking and have people looking also

Post a reply to: Fast By Ferracci Husqvarna Cr 250 help needed?/ Build

The Latest