Fast By Ferracci Husqvarna Cr 250 help needed?/ Build

Edited Date/Time 11/9/2022 11:15pm
Hello I found this beat up husky cr250 for sale by me but closer look it looks like a fast by Ferracci race bike it has the the big 50 mm team forks with rider sticker on it but the writing is worn off from over the years and the cylinder is stamp FBF . If this is a old race bike I would like restore it but if it isn’t anything special not worth it to me . Can any help me out if they know of this is a old team bike ?

|

The Shop

8/23/2021 11:43am Edited Date/Time 8/23/2021 1:18pm
I know the bike hasn’t been Taken care of and beaten but I know these husky kind of and these are the race team 50 mm forks not just anyone would have these and the cylinder is tagged FBF like the team would of been .
8/23/2021 12:53pm
Cool bike.
8/23/2021 1:20pm
If anyone knows more infor about these bikes can you please pm me. I haven’t bought the bike yet if it isn’t anything special I won’t waste my money it’s going take a lot restore which I will if it really is a old team bike I
Will buy and restore it
8/23/2021 1:21pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2021 1:23pm
It’s has the FBF machine triple clamps and the foot begs brackets have been beefed up and welded
wpark89
8/23/2021 1:51pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2021 2:09pm
I raced one in 2002. All the FBF parts were available to anyone who wanted to pay for them. I would guess this isn’t an actual factory bike….on the 250s they would replace that radiator hose that the pipe is rubbing on with an aluminum tube. Hard to say unless you got into the motor and it had a billet clutch basket and some other parts. FBF also used lots of Titanium, axles, pivot bolts, etc. Dual map ignition. Still, all the parts, ported cylinders, and the coated Marzocchis (both 45 and 50mm) were available to anyone.

Who knows. But there are several of these out there with some of the Ferracci parts that guys claim to have Steve Lamsons bikes.
8/23/2021 1:59pm
wpark89 wrote:
I raced one in 2002. All the FBF parts were available to anyone who wanted to pay for them. I would guess this isn’t an actual...
I raced one in 2002. All the FBF parts were available to anyone who wanted to pay for them. I would guess this isn’t an actual factory bike….on the 250s they would replace that radiator hose that the pipe is rubbing on with an aluminum tube. Hard to say unless you got into the motor and it had a billet clutch basket and some other parts. FBF also used lots of Titanium, axles, pivot bolts, etc. Dual map ignition. Still, all the parts, ported cylinders, and the coated Marzocchis (both 45 and 50mm) were available to anyone.

Who knows. But there are several of these out there with some of the Ferracci parts that guys claim to have Steve Lamsons bikes.
Thanks I’m going take a close look at it tomorrow anything on frame should look out for like the team did extra welds and stuff?
wpark89
8/23/2021 2:40pm
I don’t know for sure. My opinion from what I see in the picture is that looks like a backyard fix on a broken peg mount and not a factory mod. Still, they are cool bikes and if you can get it cheap it would be a good base for a resto project.
8/23/2021 2:48pm
wpark89 wrote:
I don’t know for sure. My opinion from what I see in the picture is that looks like a backyard fix on a broken peg mount...
I don’t know for sure. My opinion from what I see in the picture is that looks like a backyard fix on a broken peg mount and not a factory mod. Still, they are cool bikes and if you can get it cheap it would be a good base for a resto project.
That’s what I’m thinking anyways because I have dreamed of doing a factory replica build of one of these since I first saw them in 2001 and this one does have one of the hard to get things I thought I wouldn’t find and that’s the 50mm forks and the billet triple clamps. I’m probably going to go for it just because it has the forks and that’s a big ticket item for a factory replica build and I think if I needed to find some now would be almost impossible. But keep a eye out I’ll do a build post of building it up if I do get !
xrmark
8/23/2021 5:15pm
Buy it for the forks alone man. This is a no brainer
8/23/2021 5:24pm
I’m going to and I’m going restore back to how it was in 2002 with full fast by Ferracci graphics . It’s going be my winter project . I know this must of been a race bike for some pro or amateur no way you buy those 50 m a kit forks and having the motor work done by the race team FBF and not racing it . So hopefully I can restore it back to the way it deserves to look again
Jt$
8/23/2021 5:29pm
Looks pretty legit. The 50MM forks were nearly impossible to get outside of being on the team. Lamy got the first set they made, and I got the second set. The frame flexed soo badly, the 50MM were a Godsend.
Has~Been
8/23/2021 5:34pm
Camp332 wrote:
Paging Joel Dengler!
Spoke skins scream Dirty Jerzz!!! JD would never run them - not even for $$$

BUT JT$ has $ in the name...

The missing parts are probably still in deltys's pit
8/23/2021 5:39pm
Jt$ wrote:
Looks pretty legit. The 50MM forks were nearly impossible to get outside of being on the team. Lamy got the first set they made, and I...
Looks pretty legit. The 50MM forks were nearly impossible to get outside of being on the team. Lamy got the first set they made, and I got the second set. The frame flexed soo badly, the 50MM were a Godsend.
This is so cool man thanks
burn1986
Fantasy
3303rd
8/23/2021 5:53pm
I think you have a winner there. What is that welded on tab in front of the steering head? I'm thinking that is the last times...
I think you have a winner there. What is that welded on tab in front of the steering head? I'm thinking that is the last times any manufacturer besides the big ones had a bike homologated?

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic/1102090-former-ferracci-factory-ra…

http://pulpmx.com/2012/08/23/gps-classic-steel-23-2002-husqvarna-250cr/

Good article on PulpMX. 👍
Rickyisms
8/23/2021 6:09pm
I think you have a winner there. What is that welded on tab in front of the steering head? I'm thinking that is the last times...
I think you have a winner there. What is that welded on tab in front of the steering head? I'm thinking that is the last times any manufacturer besides the big ones had a bike homologated?

burn1986 wrote:
I forgot what show, but hearing JT tell the Fast by Ferracci stories were gold. I was laughing my ass off driving down the interstate when he told the story of the team owner waving a gun at a homeless guy in the race shop parking lot.

Cool bike OP. Let us know if/when you score it!
8/23/2021 6:21pm

burn1986 wrote:
Rickyisms wrote:
I forgot what show, but hearing JT tell the Fast by Ferracci stories were gold. I was laughing my ass off driving down the interstate when...
I forgot what show, but hearing JT tell the Fast by Ferracci stories were gold. I was laughing my ass off driving down the interstate when he told the story of the team owner waving a gun at a homeless guy in the race shop parking lot.

Cool bike OP. Let us know if/when you score it!
Yeah I’m going tomorrow once he’s off of working and this going going be a full rebuild back to a team bike I’ll keep everyone posted as build goes on aslong as I’m able to pick bike up off the guy . The bike so deserve to go back to how it was when it was a race bike it’s really sad to see the shape it’s in now
Camp332
8/23/2021 6:22pm
Camp332 wrote:
Paging Joel Dengler!
Is he the guy on these ?
Definitely not the guy who would promote spoke skins, but he rode for the Fast By Ferracci Husky Team back then.
8/23/2021 6:27pm
Camp332 wrote:
Paging Joel Dengler!
Is he the guy on these ?
Camp332 wrote:
Definitely not the guy who would promote spoke skins, but he rode for the Fast By Ferracci Husky Team back then.
Yeah be good get input from him on it . I’m feeling pretty good now after what JT said above about it !!
Ryan625
8/23/2021 7:16pm
wpark89 wrote:
I raced one in 2002. All the FBF parts were available to anyone who wanted to pay for them. I would guess this isn’t an actual...

I remember drooling over your FBF Husky’s every chance I got. Especially at an EWMX school in Brewster, Wa when you blew EW’s doors off in a tight 90 so bad it blew his sinisalo’s open 😂😂

Post a reply to: Fast By Ferracci Husqvarna Cr 250 help needed?/ Build

The Latest