Fantic/Yamaha 2t's best the field of Factory 250 4t's in Italian Championship, New 125 2t rumored??

Johnny Depp
3/8/2021 7:37am Edited Date/Time 3/19/2021 4:32am
Fantic leads the 250 and the 125 class. Impressive stuff!

https://mxvice.com/all-results-alghero-ita/

A win and a 2nd so far for Nicholas Lapucci! Surely credit also goes to Jan Witteveen the famous tuner.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CMILycCgHTO/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CL43C-Jh6YH/

Motofinne:
"During the 125 moto the commentator said to Rinaldi in a slightly funny way that he has heard rumors about Yamaha coming out with a new 125 engine, Rinaldi answered that he doesn't know anything about something like that. Then the commentator laughed and basically said "oh, well those are the rumors that i have heard" and Rinaldi finally said "i have heard them too".

It's really difficult to put that conversation to text. But with the tone they talked and with the tone he answered the commentator, it was pretty easy to read between the lines that something is coming in the future."

|
3/8/2021 9:01am Edited Date/Time 3/8/2021 10:56am
Yamaha just needs to cut the check for whatever designs/tooling Fantic have put together on their cylinder and bodywork, and fold it into the YZ.

Let the Italian company be their subsidized-by-branded-sales R&D house, and keep that blue dinosaur alive for another decade.
3/8/2021 10:17am
If Yamaha is building a new 125- and hopefully a 250 2stroke- how many years will it take for the Austrian Company to get back on that Level???
vdrsnk04
Fantasy
4190th
3/8/2021 10:57am
Yamaha just needs to cut the check for whatever designs/tooling Fantic have put together on their cylinder and bodywork, and fold it into the YZ. Let...
Yamaha just needs to cut the check for whatever designs/tooling Fantic have put together on their cylinder and bodywork, and fold it into the YZ.

Let the Italian company be their subsidized-by-branded-sales R&D house, and keep that blue dinosaur alive for another decade.
I’d buy a Fantic if they were in the US.
3/8/2021 11:46am
I will say it again i would pay good money to look in those yz cylinders tuned by Jan Witteveen, those bikes seem to have super great bottom but will still rev very far.

The Shop

RCMXracing
3/8/2021 12:21pm
If Yamaha is going to improve anything it should be the weird old school ergos. The rider triangle is 1990’s. At 5’ 10” switching from modern brands like KTM and Honda to the YZ it’s just bizarre, wouldn’t know where to start to fix it. 🤷🏾‍♂️
3/8/2021 12:24pm
In regards to handling, is the 250f chassis better than the 125 chassis?
If so, is the 250f chassis to big to slot a 125 into?

Would it be fairly simple for Yamaha to slot an updated 125 engine into late model 250f chassis?
3/8/2021 2:56pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2021 3:04pm
RCMXracing wrote:
If Yamaha is going to improve anything it should be the weird old school ergos. The rider triangle is 1990’s. At 5’ 10” switching from modern...
If Yamaha is going to improve anything it should be the weird old school ergos. The rider triangle is 1990’s. At 5’ 10” switching from modern brands like KTM and Honda to the YZ it’s just bizarre, wouldn’t know where to start to fix it. 🤷🏾‍♂️
The Fantic has new bodywork that purports modern-style ergos. Different seat/tank/shrouds with a narrower, flatter junction. Different top clamp with different bars.
bvm111
3/8/2021 4:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2021 4:16pm
curious....what’s a 2t or 4t?
Bearuno
3/8/2021 4:56pm
2T - 4T:

2- 4Tempi / 2- 4Takt, and a variety of other languages are out there that describe the ICE formats. There's more than just English out there on our planet.
Bearuno
3/8/2021 5:05pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2021 5:11pm
In regards to handling, is the 250f chassis better than the 125 chassis? If so, is the 250f chassis to big to slot a 125 into...

Would it be fairly simple for Yamaha to slot an updated 125 engine into late model 250f chassis?
If blokes can shoe horn all sorts of engines into all sorts of chassis, in their sheds, Yamaha ( and every other Japanese manufacturer, if they wanted to make a bit of money from their old 2t engines) could easily fit their 2ts into 4t chassis. It's absolutely the most basic of engineering tasks. And a 125 in the 250 4t chassis, well, I can't think of anything easier, given how small 125 engines are.

Me - I'm not sure that you'd get much, if any, benefit from putting the 125 into the 250F chassis. Just slimmer / different plastics and seat set up, on the existing chassis, ala Fantic, and dipping into the 4t parts bin to get the weight savings from the Swingarm etc conversion that so many do, makes for a very cheap, very effective update.
3/8/2021 5:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2021 6:02pm
In regards to handling, is the 250f chassis better than the 125 chassis? If so, is the 250f chassis to big to slot a 125 into...

Bearuno wrote:
If blokes can shoe horn all sorts of engines into all sorts of chassis, in their sheds, Yamaha ( and every other Japanese manufacturer, if they...
If blokes can shoe horn all sorts of engines into all sorts of chassis, in their sheds, Yamaha ( and every other Japanese manufacturer, if they wanted to make a bit of money from their old 2t engines) could easily fit their 2ts into 4t chassis. It's absolutely the most basic of engineering tasks. And a 125 in the 250 4t chassis, well, I can't think of anything easier, given how small 125 engines are.

Me - I'm not sure that you'd get much, if any, benefit from putting the 125 into the 250F chassis. Just slimmer / different plastics and seat set up, on the existing chassis, ala Fantic, and dipping into the 4t parts bin to get the weight savings from the Swingarm etc conversion that so many do, makes for a very cheap, very effective update.
Yeah. Easiest thing in the world putting a YZ125 engine into a front-intake YZ250F chassis! Most basic of engineering tasks!

All they have to do is drop the little smoker engine in butt-end forward, route the chain up to the front wheel: Voilà! ready to rip the world's first front wheel drive MXer
SoCalMX70
3/8/2021 6:12pm

Bearuno wrote:
If blokes can shoe horn all sorts of engines into all sorts of chassis, in their sheds, Yamaha ( and every other Japanese manufacturer, if they...

Yeah. Easiest thing in the world putting a YZ125 engine into a front-intake YZ250F chassis! Most basic of engineering tasks! All they have to do is...
Yeah. Easiest thing in the world putting a YZ125 engine into a front-intake YZ250F chassis! Most basic of engineering tasks!

All they have to do is drop the little smoker engine in butt-end forward, route the chain up to the front wheel: Voilà! ready to rip the world's first front wheel drive MXer
Also, you know, there's nothing wrong with the 125 chasis as it sits. Still comparably nimble to modern bikes.

The 250 chasis could use a little love.
3/8/2021 6:22pm
Yamaha just needs to cut the check for whatever designs/tooling Fantic have put together on their cylinder and bodywork, and fold it into the YZ. Let...

vdrsnk04 wrote:
Yeah me too. Probably be easier to buy one from Europe. Than find a 05-07 cr125 in America.
bayodome
Fantasy
4180th
3/8/2021 8:06pm
I do enjoy watching Lapucci ride. The guy has style for days and just looks like he's having fun out there. Considering he's already had some decent MXGP-class finishes, it seems he took the Fantic ride as a way to increase his value with, perhaps, easier wins in EMX2T racing. I hope that will translate into some bigger rides.
Bearuno
3/8/2021 9:31pm
Yeah. Easiest thing in the world putting a YZ125 engine into a front-intake YZ250F chassis! Most basic of engineering tasks! All they have to do is...

Yes, it is easy for those of us that have done such things for Decades.

You, especially with your 2nd paragraph, read as being one that can't do such things.

Fair enough, as there are plenty of things I can't do as well as others here, and, I daresay, things that you may do easily. Cool
3/8/2021 10:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2021 10:29pm

Bearuno wrote:
Yes, it [b]is [/b] easy for those of us that have done such things for [i]Decades. [/i] You, especially with your 2nd paragraph, read as being...
Yes, it is easy for those of us that have done such things for Decades.

You, especially with your 2nd paragraph, read as being one that can't do such things.

Fair enough, as there are plenty of things I can't do as well as others here, and, I daresay, things that you may do easily. Cool
C'mon now. Don't be silly.

A Yz125 motor shoved into the backwards motor chassis would be a cobbled-together trainwreck compared to just a YZ125 in even the best of builds.

Obviously the second paragraph was just a joke meant to illustrate that.
Bearuno
3/8/2021 10:34pm
C'mon now. Don't be silly. A Yz125 motor shoved into the backwards motor chassis would be a cobbled-together trainwreck compared to just a YZ125 in even...

A Yz125 motor shoved into the backwards motor chassis would be a cobbled-together trainwreck compared to just a YZ125 in even the best of builds.

Re-read my first post.

You'll find that I don't favour such a conversion. Just a waste of time, in my opinion. Check my second paragraph in my original post.

But doing the, to me, unnecessary job, would not be particularly hard. Putting the engine in the correct position - and by that I mean duplicating the CS to SA pivot geometry ( as close as possible, I've no idea of the CS center to SA pivot center in both engines respective cases) , would be the most important thing. It always is, though so, so many mess that up.

Then, you do the ancillaries. With no airbox behind the engine, well, you'd have some fun and games, but, it would be far from insurmountable. The fuel tank? Well, no real problem there using the std one, but with my obsession for getting fuel low, I'd find it hard not to be a silly bugger and not build a tank - a tank that would be far, far more work that the engine placement. If I didn't do that - and I hope I wouldn't want to give myself so much work, the next silly thing would be resisting the temptation to do a 'weird' pipe, with all the room above the tiny, slanted engine.

And hey, as I wrote, there's things you may do better than me. For example, take your Points avatar and Nom de plume : the last time I set some points was when I had a 348 Montesa, in 1983.......... or was it my VW Station Wagon??? I haven't got near a Points and Condenser ignition, in yonks Woohoo
3/8/2021 10:45pm Edited Date/Time 3/8/2021 10:46pm
C'mon now. Don't be silly. A Yz125 motor shoved into the backwards motor chassis would be a cobbled-together trainwreck compared to just a YZ125 in even...

Bearuno wrote:
Re-read my first post. You'll find that I don't favour such a conversion. Just a waste of time, in my opinion. Check my second paragraph in...
Re-read my first post.

You'll find that I don't favour such a conversion. Just a waste of time, in my opinion. Check my second paragraph in my original post.

But doing the, to me, unnecessary job, would not be particularly hard. Putting the engine in the correct position - and by that I mean duplicating the CS to SA pivot geometry ( as close as possible, I've no idea of the CS center to SA pivot center in both engines respective cases) , would be the most important thing. It always is, though so, so many mess that up.

Then, you do the ancillaries. With no airbox behind the engine, well, you'd have some fun and games, but, it would be far from insurmountable. The fuel tank? Well, no real problem there using the std one, but with my obsession for getting fuel low, I'd find it hard not to be a silly bugger and not build a tank - a tank that would be far, far more work that the engine placement. If I didn't do that - and I hope I wouldn't want to give myself so much work, the next silly thing would be resisting the temptation to do a 'weird' pipe, with all the room above the tiny, slanted engine.

And hey, as I wrote, there's things you may do better than me. For example, take your Points avatar and Nom de plume : the last time I set some points was when I had a 348 Montesa, in 1983.......... or was it my VW Station Wagon??? I haven't got near a Points and Condenser ignition, in yonks Woohoo
Every single machine that has ever been "engineered" under the flight of fancy thinking you are toying with in your post -- trying to solve problems you created for the sake of solving problems -- has resulted in a steaming pile of shit. And none of it reflects "the most basic of engineering tasks"
Bearuno
3/9/2021 12:14am
Every single machine that has ever been "engineered" under the flight of fancy thinking you are toying with in your post -- trying to solve problems...
Every single machine that has ever been "engineered" under the flight of fancy thinking you are toying with in your post -- trying to solve problems you created for the sake of solving problems -- has resulted in a steaming pile of shit. And none of it reflects "the most basic of engineering tasks"
That's Complete and Utter Bullshit, Dirty Points .
That you can't do projects / engineering and fabrication, does not mean many others can't.

Though, there are plenty of useless 'Engineers', like MPS, and other dodgy "makers", out there doing dreadful work, and ripping people off.
PJRAUS
3/9/2021 3:20am

Bearuno wrote:

True..I ride an 06 yz 125 and a 2020 yz 450...could see no possible benefit having the 125 motor in the 450 chassis over keeping it in its present chassis.
Yeah update the swing arm and linkage to the current design..make a more compact and more powerful motor like ktm have and at least have the tank inside the shrouds like one of those Italian revolution kits...
Really wouldn't take much...
CKNY
3/9/2021 3:29am

vdrsnk04 wrote:
They are.
YZRIPPER15
3/9/2021 5:12pm

Bearuno wrote:

Hillarious, 5🌟
YZ1254LIFE
3/10/2021 4:41pm
Fantic leads the 250 and the 125 class. Impressive stuff! https://mxvice.com/all-results-alghero-ita/ A win and a 2nd so far for Nicholas Lapucci! Surely credit also goes to...

A win and a 2nd so far for Nicholas Lapucci! Surely credit also goes to Jan Witteveen the famous tuner.

Motofinne:
"During the 125 moto the commentator said to Rinaldi in a slightly funny way that he has heard rumors about Yamaha coming out with a new 125 engine, Rinaldi answered that he doesn't know anything about something like that. Then the commentator laughed and basically said "oh, well those are the rumors that i have heard" and Rinaldi finally said "i have heard them too".

It's really difficult to put that conversation to text. But with the tone they talked and with the tone he answered the commentator, it was pretty easy to read between the lines that something is coming in the future."

I have a hard time understanding the results. The 250 won against 450’s and 125 against 250’s? Help me understand.
USA
Fantasy
545th
3/10/2021 5:13pm
If Yamaha made a new 125 i would buy it the day I could. Not sure what I would do with my current yz125.
Johnny Depp
3/10/2021 5:50pm
Fantic leads the 250 and the 125 class. Impressive stuff! https://mxvice.com/all-results-alghero-ita/ A win and a 2nd so far for Nicholas Lapucci! Surely credit also goes to...

Motofinne:

YZ1254LIFE wrote:
I have a hard time understanding the results. The 250 won against 450’s and 125 against 250’s? Help me understand.
250 vs 250, 125 vs 125
b_kowalsk
3/10/2021 6:34pm
Little to no chance they update their two strokes.
GalagaOnMYArm
Fantasy
52nd
3/13/2021 10:09am
Has anyone tried getting the Fantic bodywork from Europe and fitting it to a YZ yet?
Hrzk75
Fantasy
1969th
3/13/2021 12:01pm
from the yamaha commercial i thought i saw a Yz1250/250 with the restyled shroud/tank? is it the same as fantic maybe? im not sure if it was another bike or anything just saw that the shroud covered the tank and it was a 2T.

is it racetech that makes a restyle tank and shrouds already?
Darrin Willis
3/13/2021 12:45pm
I emailed fantic Canada. They are trying to bring them in to the great white north. Land of moose and trudeau.
Johnny Depp
3/15/2021 9:30am
So Fantic took the 250 and 125 Championships💪💪💪

Post a reply to: Fantic/Yamaha 2t's best the field of Factory 250 4t's in Italian Championship, New 125 2t rumored??

The Latest