Fan Boys

Mod Killer
8/14/2011 2:09pm
ocscottie wrote:
Further proof as to why Sundays are labeled "Fantard Day" around here. Dry
FastEddy wrote:
"Fantards"! :) That would be a great name for a sub-forum. Like when someone is banned they only get access to that sub-forum. It could be...
"Fantards"! Smile
That would be a great name for a sub-forum.
Like when someone is banned they only get access to that sub-forum.
It could be a step below the Dumbgeon.
ive been a big advocate of a sub-forum of that sort for a long time now. since the big lenny days.

its almost worse than getting clicked. getting clicked is like getting evicted. getting relegated to the fantard forum would be like going to jail and sharing a cell with lenny and ddavis.
flarider
8/14/2011 2:18pm
What's even dumber is the labeling of someone because they express an opinion.

If you side with a particular rider on a specific situation, you're labeled a "fanboy" of that rider. Never mind the fact that your observation and point regarding that rider is valid, you're nonetheless immediately labeled a "fanboy" because you dare to do anything other than trash that rider.
raddad
8/14/2011 2:27pm
flarider wrote:
What's even dumber is the labeling of someone because they express an opinion. If you side with a particular rider on a specific situation, you're labeled...
What's even dumber is the labeling of someone because they express an opinion.

If you side with a particular rider on a specific situation, you're labeled a "fanboy" of that rider. Never mind the fact that your observation and point regarding that rider is valid, you're nonetheless immediately labeled a "fanboy" because you dare to do anything other than trash that rider.
yep, Martin did pretty good finishing ahead of bubba jr.!
Mod Killer
8/14/2011 2:29pm Edited Date/Time 8/14/2011 2:38pm
dave, thats not why people get labled fanboys.

i first started seeing it on the motogp and f1 forums. it originally started with the hyper-fanatical-rediculous-myopic ferrari/schumacher fans.

later the rossi fanboy vs everyone else wars took it to a whole 'nother level. lately the rossi vs stoner fanboyism makes motogp forums like crash.net unreadable. threads RARELY make it two or three posts before the pitch forks come out.

moto didnt get that bad til bubba showed up (not blaming bubba by any means). im not gonna take a guess as to who started what but the RC fanboys are no better than bubba's fanboys. and thats the case with any fanboy rivalry. its irrelevant who started it, its just stupid.

there's a big difference between a fan stating a opinion and a "fanboy" inciting a riot. or fans of different riders debating in a civilized rational manner or when the fanboys come in and are simply looking to take blind pot shots at each other and their respective riders for the simple sake of burning the place to the ground.

fanboyism is a cancer to forum boards no different than when the illegal aliens from ronron began hoping the fence and infiltrating this place. shoot em all on site and ask questions later imo.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
8/14/2011 3:20pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
None are better than the other and all are equally irritating.
X2
machine
8/14/2011 3:43pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
X2
Damn Guy, I thought you would have more to say than "X2" since this is your favorite pet peev....Grinning
8/14/2011 6:04pm
Not wanting to get all deep'n'meaningfull here; but as an outsider lookin' in, I can't help wondering if "fan boy" mentality (as defined in several posts above) isn't just a reflection of a growing social and political divide.

That said; go Reedy!
jammin76tx
8/14/2011 6:23pm
ATKpilot99 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
X2
I disagree. The RV fantards seem to be leading, but next lap, who knows? The track is really getting rough.Whistling
8/14/2011 6:28pm
Fanboyism is alright, and some biased banter can be fun. Being disrespectful towards other riders or those rider's fans is what gets annoying.
stackman17
8/14/2011 8:00pm
I have to admit it, I am a Fanboy. But it is ok, because I am a "fan" of my boy, Stack. I enjoy watching him ride more than any other.
jeffro503
8/14/2011 8:12pm
stackman17 wrote:
I have to admit it, I am a Fanboy. But it is ok, because I am a "fan" of my boy, Stack. I enjoy watching him...
I have to admit it, I am a Fanboy. But it is ok, because I am a "fan" of my boy, Stack. I enjoy watching him ride more than any other.
Now "That" kind of fanboy stuff is awesome and well deserved. You are a lucky dude for sure!
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
8/14/2011 8:12pm
machine wrote:
So there seems to be 3 different fan boy camps, RV, RD and JS. I can see a Barcia camp in the near future. Reed doesn't...
So there seems to be 3 different fan boy camps, RV, RD and JS. I can see a Barcia camp in the near future. Reed doesn't seem to attract fan boys, not sure why.

So the question is, why do one riders fan boys think they are better or less irritating than another riders fan boys? Dry

As an avid RV fan boy, I don't think I'm any different than any other riders fan boys.

Smile
you're rite, you're no different than any other 'fan boy". you're equally as lame as the rest, i agree with you 100%. as a matter of fact, i'm aproaching mx sports to do a calabo with some of the riders to have them do reproductions of their cocks made out of licorice to sell to guys just like you, huge market from what i can see... stay tuned..... the only hold up right now is if we should make them strap-on or just suckers. i say both, but...
8/14/2011 8:27pm
Hey, SLAPAHO. I'm currently reading 'Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee - An Indian History of the American West' by Dee Brown. Heart-breaking shit, really. Anyway, I was wondering, what part of America do the Slapahos come from?
SLAPAHO
Fantasy
638th
8/14/2011 8:34pm Edited Date/Time 8/15/2011 2:45am
Antipodean wrote:
Hey, SLAPAHO. I'm currently reading [i]'Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee - An Indian History of the American West'[/i] by Dee Brown. Heart-breaking shit, really. Anyway...
Hey, SLAPAHO. I'm currently reading 'Bury My Heart At Wounded Knee - An Indian History of the American West' by Dee Brown. Heart-breaking shit, really. Anyway, I was wondering, what part of America do the Slapahos come from?
from orange county
8/14/2011 8:36pm
I'm a fan boy for the fan boys (no homo). Getting these people fired up is the absolute easiest fun on the internet. They used to bother me until I found a way to get my kicks from it.
Mod Killer
8/14/2011 9:03pm
SLAPAHO wrote:
you're rite, you're no different than any other 'fan boy". you're equally as lame as the rest, i agree with you 100%. as a matter of...
you're rite, you're no different than any other 'fan boy". you're equally as lame as the rest, i agree with you 100%. as a matter of fact, i'm aproaching mx sports to do a calabo with some of the riders to have them do reproductions of their cocks made out of licorice to sell to guys just like you, huge market from what i can see... stay tuned..... the only hold up right now is if we should make them strap-on or just suckers. i say both, but...
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahaha

slapaho never disappoints. im a fan of slapaho.

Post a reply to: Fan Boys

The Latest