Falls down a cliff... survives

Related:
Create New Tag

9/17/2019 6:44 AM

Didn't see this posted, but this is a lucky guy right here. Dont know how to embed the video.

https://kdvr.com/2019/09/14/video-shows-man-on-motorcycle-fly-off-the-side-of-a-colorado-cliff-plunge-into-water-and-survive/

|

9/17/2019 6:49 AM

Damn! That is some luck

|

9/17/2019 6:54 AM

Threads on ADVrider and TT also - in the regional forums. One lucky SOB!

|

9/17/2019 7:10 AM

If you want to see something even MORE horrifying than the fall, watch this video of them rescuing the bike.

Bike rescue

|

9/17/2019 7:17 AM

Sometimes when things go all wrong they go all right.

|

9/17/2019 7:18 AM

Im headed up there for a ride trip tomorrow. A buddy sent us this last week, great video to see before heading up.....LoL

|

9/17/2019 7:20 AM

Crossup wrote:

If you want to see something even MORE horrifying than the fall, watch this video of them rescuing the bike.

Bike rescue

Yikes... that hurts to watch.

|

9/17/2019 7:41 AM

Damn, what a terrifying crash, but what a beautiful place to end up.

|

9/17/2019 8:01 AM

The guy willed himself off at that very spot!

If you notice, on the ride down - he almost goes off right there, then he mentions 'that spot' to his riding buddy at the bottom. Then they decide to go back up... Then boom, whiskey throttle right off the side in the same exact spot!

Quote from the video: 'My throttle hand activated the throttle.'

By the way, I've personally put in about a thousand miles of those old mining roads in the last 3 months...

|

9/17/2019 8:29 AM

My palms started to sweat watching that!

|

United States of America

9/17/2019 8:59 AM

Should’ve called Graham Jarvis, he would’ve just ridden it out 😉

|

9/17/2019 9:55 AM

I must be missing something....what's the point of riding trails like that with zero margin for error?
Especially where one small mistake and you can die!

|

9/17/2019 10:02 AM

Indy mxer wrote:

I must be missing something....what's the point of riding trails like that with zero margin for error?

Not enough money in the world for me to ride a trail like that.

|

9/17/2019 10:38 AM

He had surprisingly little to say as it was happening I’d have sounded like Aunt Bunny falling down the stairs.

|

9/17/2019 11:06 AM

Indy mxer wrote:

Zero margin for error IS the point! It's what makes it an adventure...

And then the views from the top make it all worth it!

Like this
Photo

|

9/17/2019 11:08 AM

Crazy! That's one lucky mofo right there.

|

9/17/2019 12:00 PM

Umm, maybe he wasn't covering the clutch lever? Holy crap that's insane, my anxiety is through the roof after watching that.

|

9/17/2019 1:01 PM

Indy mxer wrote:

jjavaman wrote:

Not enough money in the world for me to ride a trail like that.

It's not nearly as bad as it looks. It was a huge mistake by the rider and nothing else. I've been over this many times on a bike and also in our jeep.

|

9/17/2019 1:05 PM

Video is up on USA Today & MSN's home pages now.

|

9/17/2019 1:12 PM

Indy mxer wrote:

The rush! This guy doesn’t appear to have much bike handling skills so this trail probably isn’t for him.

|

9/17/2019 1:31 PM

Indy mxer wrote:

There is room for tons of error. If it wasn't for one turn, you could literally drive an F250 up that road. It's that wide. This was a serious lack of rider skill, as it's literally a mountain road, not even a trail.

|

9/17/2019 2:19 PM

face biter wrote:

He had surprisingly little to say as it was happening I’d have sounded like Aunt Bunny falling down the stairs.

Holy crap I about died laughing imagining that! “ help me laud Jesus Christ help me laud...... bugaduh buguduh.... I’m half way down now!”

|

9/17/2019 4:55 PM

MotoCoUSA wrote:

Didn't see this posted, but this is a lucky guy right here. Dont know how to embed the video.

https://kdvr.com/2019/09/14/video-shows-man-on-motorcycle-fly-off-the-side-of-a-colorado-cliff-plunge-into-water-and-survive/

That guy ran out of talent long before he ever went off the cliff and was sketchy from the start. That trail was clearly over his head...........

|

9/17/2019 5:05 PM

face biter wrote:

gjbruny wrote:

Holy crap I about died laughing imagining that! “ help me laud Jesus Christ help me laud...... bugaduh buguduh.... I’m half way down now!”

"Why don't you want to give your aunt Bunny a kiss?"

"She got a mustaaaache!!!!!"

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

9/17/2019 5:15 PM

face biter wrote:

gjbruny wrote:

Falcon wrote:

"Why don't you want to give your aunt Bunny a kiss?"

"She got a mustaaaache!!!!!"

Goonie goo goo!

|

9/17/2019 5:18 PM

Glad the guy is ok! Really though that was a jeep trail, plenty of room for mistakes there... he just made a huge one! He is lucky to be alive.

|

9/17/2019 7:23 PM

Taddy Błażusiak could've got that thing out quicker!...but he would've "put" it there in the first place.laughing

|

9/18/2019 5:33 AM

Crossup wrote:

Bike rescue

Ouch. That was painful to watch

|

9/18/2019 6:51 AM

Shocked he survived that fall! I’ve ridden that same trail/section and it’s a long way to the bottom if you go off the edge. Very lucky SOB indeed. Needs to buy a lottery ticket. That section can be a bit sketchy for a newb, but really not that difficult, especially if you’re on an off road specific bike. Anyway, glad the dude survived.
Here’s a snip from my GoPro I got a few years ago of the exact section where he went over. Photo

|

9/18/2019 6:56 AM

What do you expect from a KTM rider?

|