Factory Teams meeting today......

kkawboy14
10/16/2016 8:22am
....."umm guys we need 1.5 seconds more per lap, minimum if we are going to hang with Roczen this year!"

personally I thought he would be 1 second a lap of the pace, that kid is impressive,
|
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1006th
10/16/2016 8:35am
He for sure looks like he is going to be hard to beat.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
10/16/2016 8:40am
I was waiting for Kenny to say that his setup wasn't right and we need to do more testing to get comfortable with that bike... instead he made a statement.

Tomac, Dunge and Musquin were really good also
a22
10/16/2016 8:44am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2016 8:45am
He did look quite comfortable and the bike appeared comfortable also.
Ted722
10/16/2016 8:57am
...and, one more thing at the "Factory meeting", if you have to part ways with the bike here's how you do it. KROC came back and won the third moto! Smile

I know it doesn't always work out as planned, but Pro's are damn good about hitting the eject button.

The Shop

hvaughn88
10/16/2016 9:00am
How awkward was it when Ricky was asked to comment on how Kenny looked on the Honda
10/16/2016 9:26am
hvaughn88 wrote:
How awkward was it when Ricky was asked to comment on how Kenny looked on the Honda
I was hoping that was asked as a subtle stab haha.
10/16/2016 9:28am
hvaughn88 wrote:
I thought the same thing but I seem to remember Ricky doing quite well on Kawasaki and them ditching them for Honda as well. Hard to be angry at Kenny when he did the same thing.

Ken is just on fire. If he is this fast having less than two weeks riding the bike just wait till A1 or Outdoors. Plus the new HRC 450's look trick/exotic again compared to the other bikes.
MR. X
10/16/2016 9:28am
I was watching him on the big sweeper and he was able to enter the corner anywhere he wanted and still hug the tough block on the way out .
10/16/2016 9:29am
no one noticed his starts? top 3 every time.
huge improvement over last years SX where he couldn't get a start to save his life.
early on I was reading about the new Honda being fast off the gate.
davistld01
10/16/2016 10:11am
hvaughn88 wrote:
Laughing
Xavier
10/16/2016 10:54am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2016 11:02am
Disagree.
Everyone has something good to use as a confidence booster after the MEC.
Kenny obviously showed that he could dominate.
But he also showed everyone that yet, he was not immune to a costly mistake when pressurized, which they can all capitalize on (only one such mistake can ruin a championship).
Dungey did his thing and made an important pass on Tomac, mentally-wise.
If it had been a championship, he'd be right there, where he excels to be.
That, a week after winning his come-back race in Germany.
Solid base to built a defending season.
Marvin went 4/3/2, the latter resisting to intense pressure.
Very positive for him, he knows he IS a legit race winner.
Tomac won.
For him and his camp, after all is said and done, racing the "meaningless races" (Charlotte, GH, Vegas) and winning every one of them appear like an investment in next year that money coul'nt have bought.
And he still got the money !
system
10/16/2016 10:56am
I think RD5 still has something for KRoc...no need to show your cards at a meaningless race in October. IMO, RD5 is still the favorite for the SX title. You won't see him making a mistake like KRoc did in moto 2.
matze
Fantasy
3072nd
10/16/2016 11:03am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2016 11:05am
system wrote:
I think RD5 still has something for KRoc...no need to show your cards at a meaningless race in October. IMO, RD5 is still the favorite for...
I think RD5 still has something for KRoc...no need to show your cards at a meaningless race in October. IMO, RD5 is still the favorite for the SX title. You won't see him making a mistake like KRoc did in moto 2.
Well, i agree with dungey being still able to beat kroc. But man, as if dungey didnt want 100k or 1 million dollars Laughing it is everything but not meaningless obviously. He pushed hard until the very end. He had a long time off and is just not quite there 100 %
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
10/16/2016 11:05am Edited Date/Time 10/16/2016 11:06am
hvaughn88 wrote:
He skated all around.

I caught live. Wondered if anyone else did. Sure wanted to take credit.
kiwifan
10/16/2016 12:20pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
yeah lol very awkward, didnt have anything to say about the new bike ...only about Kenny himself
kiwifan
10/16/2016 12:22pm
system wrote:
I think RD5 still has something for KRoc...no need to show your cards at a meaningless race in October. IMO, RD5 is still the favorite for...
matze wrote:
Well, i agree with dungey being still able to beat kroc. But man, as if dungey didnt want 100k or 1 million dollars :laugh: it is...
Well, i agree with dungey being still able to beat kroc. But man, as if dungey didnt want 100k or 1 million dollars Laughing it is everything but not meaningless obviously. He pushed hard until the very end. He had a long time off and is just not quite there 100 %
yeah you can easily argue Ryan wasnt 100% yet, nor Kenny (due to new ride)....everyone else didnt really have much of a excuse though
early
Fantasy
2139th
10/16/2016 1:41pm
Kenny was simply amazing on that ice track in the first moto. Eli was laying the screws to him in that second moto before he crashed, Kenny wasnt out pacing him. Third moto eli came thru the pack but all 4 of the top riders were pretty close.

Bottom line Kennys amazing, the new Honda looks very good, but it wasnt a runaway over the course of the night. Is it January yet?
10/16/2016 1:50pm
Couldn't be more excited for this season. We have 3 great contenders and so many more who will challenge them week in and week out.
machine
10/16/2016 1:53pm
Xavier wrote:
Disagree. Everyone has something good to use as a confidence booster after the MEC. Kenny obviously showed that he could dominate. But he also showed everyone...
Disagree.
Everyone has something good to use as a confidence booster after the MEC.
Kenny obviously showed that he could dominate.
But he also showed everyone that yet, he was not immune to a costly mistake when pressurized, which they can all capitalize on (only one such mistake can ruin a championship).
Dungey did his thing and made an important pass on Tomac, mentally-wise.
If it had been a championship, he'd be right there, where he excels to be.
That, a week after winning his come-back race in Germany.
Solid base to built a defending season.
Marvin went 4/3/2, the latter resisting to intense pressure.
Very positive for him, he knows he IS a legit race winner.
Tomac won.
For him and his camp, after all is said and done, racing the "meaningless races" (Charlotte, GH, Vegas) and winning every one of them appear like an investment in next year that money coul'nt have bought.
And he still got the money !
Yep, also Tomac was about .5 secs faster on the fastest lap in the 3rd moto after a bad start. It's going to be a fight, no one is going to completely dominate.
kiwifan
10/16/2016 1:53pm
early wrote:
Kenny was simply amazing on that ice track in the first moto. Eli was laying the screws to him in that second moto before he crashed...
Kenny was simply amazing on that ice track in the first moto. Eli was laying the screws to him in that second moto before he crashed, Kenny wasnt out pacing him. Third moto eli came thru the pack but all 4 of the top riders were pretty close.

Bottom line Kennys amazing, the new Honda looks very good, but it wasnt a runaway over the course of the night. Is it January yet?
I think for that amount of laps on that style of track it is never going to be a big runaway unless there are crashes behind first place.
ledger
10/16/2016 2:21pm
Roczen will do for Honda as Dungey has for KTM.......Sell a ton of motorcycle's. Oops, can't leave The Man out of the equasion for KTM.
10/16/2016 2:48pm
I never thought honda's fell off though? Local tracks all over the state and the midwest are primarily Honda riders. Red runs deep in peoples blood and customer loyalty. They seem to be some of the most reliable bikes too besides the few guys having issues with frames here and there.
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
10/16/2016 2:48pm
Roczen got great starts last night. That got me to thinking, was this the first MEC without gate malfunctions (asked in the race thread but got buried)?
kiwifan
10/16/2016 4:33pm
I never thought honda's fell off though? Local tracks all over the state and the midwest are primarily Honda riders. Red runs deep in peoples blood...
I never thought honda's fell off though? Local tracks all over the state and the midwest are primarily Honda riders. Red runs deep in peoples blood and customer loyalty. They seem to be some of the most reliable bikes too besides the few guys having issues with frames here and there.
Careful stating facts here will upset the anti-Honda brigade at Vital Smile
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
10/16/2016 4:53pm
Kenny is the clear favorite for 2017 Supercross in my mind. Eli was ever so slowly chipping away at the lead in moto 2 before Kenny ejected but over an entire series that won't matter with Kenny getting holeshots and Eli getting mid pack starts most races.

Dungey was definitely off his game. I know he's been out for a while but I expected more from him.
brimx153
10/16/2016 4:55pm
Did you look at the same race i did . He looked great .But Tomac and dungey and even MM25 are a hell of alot closer to him than they were in outdoors . Plus one DNF like that , and he prob has no chance at the title
resetjet
10/16/2016 5:19pm
Ramrod wrote:
I was waiting for Kenny to say that his setup wasn't right and we need to do more testing to get comfortable with that bike... instead...
I was waiting for Kenny to say that his setup wasn't right and we need to do more testing to get comfortable with that bike... instead he made a statement.

Tomac, Dunge and Musquin were really good also
Yes, but what if he wasn't fully comfortable. Hard to believe he is so quick. Therefore when he gets all the planets aligned it may make for a boring sx season......He is the best rider right now for sure.
51xc
10/16/2016 5:31pm
tomac was catching ken in moto 2 and pushed him to make a mistake. moto 3 eli was like 10th after the first turn and caught up to ken within 2-3 seconds on a 10 lap moto. tomac was on it and so was ken but ken sure didn't dominate. ken started out with suzuki the same way, winning 2 out of the first 3 races and we all know how that turned around quick.
kiwifan
10/16/2016 5:31pm
brimx153 wrote:
Did you look at the same race i did . He looked great .But Tomac and dungey and even MM25 are a hell of alot closer...
Did you look at the same race i did . He looked great .But Tomac and dungey and even MM25 are a hell of alot closer to him than they were in outdoors . Plus one DNF like that , and he prob has no chance at the title
Lets put things into context...

Kenny - hasnt been injured but allegedly hasnt had much time on the new bike (which would be totally different to the Zook), and we have no proof to say he hasnt had more seat time on the new Honda
Ryan - coming off injury but has a settled bike, would not expect him to be 100% yet at race speed (depends on how long he has been practicing for though, might be longer than we think) but was still fast
ET - fully fit and no change of bike, should be fast
MM - same as ET

When you put all the the above into context ET and MM should of been winning, ET did but only due to a crash from Kenny, although some have said he was catching Kenny there was still a 1.5s gap with only 4 laps left...I dont think he would of got near imho

Plus the 10 lap races mean they should always be fairly close unless people behind 1st have issues, which is what has happened a bit in previous years, this year there wasnt a lot of carnage behind 1st place in the 450 races.

In any case I think 2017 SX season should be great, lets all hope there is not the injury list that there was this year.

Post a reply to: Factory Teams meeting today......

The Latest