Factory Kawi’s mechanical’s

Related:
Create New Tag

7/21/2019 10:33 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2019 6:29 PM

Does anyone else think for a factory level 450 team Kawi was unacceptable amount of mechanical issues? In recent history I can't remember another factory level team with so many mechanicals, but I could just be hyper focused on Kawi and not pay attention to other teams.

Does Kawi have too many mechanical DNF’s

View Results

|

7/21/2019 10:41 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2019 10:43 AM

You’re hyper focused on Kawi. Two Hondas got pushed off the track yesterday in the same moto for example and it’s not the first time. Savatgy has had a few weird issues this year, but a couple of them were his own doing.

|

7/21/2019 10:43 AM

Are all polls necessary?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

|

7/21/2019 11:15 AM

Mr. Afterbar wrote:

You’re hyper focused on Kawi. Two Hondas got pushed off the track yesterday in the same moto for example and it’s not the first time. Savatgy has had a few weird issues this year, but a couple of them were his own doing.

I'm talking about 450 factory teams.

|

7/21/2019 11:21 AM

GuyB wrote:

Are all polls necessary?

[ ] Yes
[ ] No

When I see a poll thread it makes my heart flutter

|

7/21/2019 11:21 AM

Maybe it's a rider problem. Tomac hasn't had a mechanical this season.

Ferrandis can overcook his bike in 5minutes. But you probably wouldn't say Star Racing has a bike problem

|

7/21/2019 11:24 AM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2019 11:27 AM

crusty_xx wrote:

Maybe it's a rider problem. Tomac hasn't had a mechanical this season.

Ferrandis can overcook his bike in 5minutes. But you probably wouldn't say Star Racing has a bike problem

Didn't his bike crap out in Nashville SX heat race? and again I'm not talking about 250 teams or bikes.

|

7/21/2019 11:58 AM

Conspiracy theorists will say that Kawasaki has given up on Savatgy and is testing parts on Savatgy’s bike, since he is leaving after outdoors.

Some say he’s signing with Honda, others say he already signed with JGR. Where ever he lands, hopefully the bike is more reliable than the Kawi has been lately.....

|

7/21/2019 12:11 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2019 12:12 PM

I can’t imagine Tomac is feeling all that confident given his mechanical at Red Bud last year and Savatgy’s mechanicals this year. If Savatgy’s problems were to happen to Eli instead , Vital would explode.

|

7/21/2019 12:15 PM

Mr. Afterbar wrote:

I’m aware. Didn’t every factory Honda 450 get pushed off the track at Southwick 6 or 7 years ago? Shit happens.

|

7/21/2019 12:16 PM

KurtJ99 wrote:

I can’t imagine Tomac is feeling all that confident given his mechanical at Red Bud last year and Savatgy’s mechanicals this year. If Savatgy’s problems were to happen to Eli instead , Vital would explode.

Brian Kranz knows what he's doing

|

If talk is cheap, silence must be expensive because nobody can afford it!

7/21/2019 12:18 PM

KurtJ99 wrote:

One at MXoN, too.

|

7/21/2019 12:59 PM

KurtJ99 wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

One at MXoN, too.

Stalled the bike the battery starter sensor stopped it from cranking because it overheated not a mechanical... Happened to me once

|

7/21/2019 1:00 PM

KurtJ99 wrote:

18 and 19 two different engines

|

7/21/2019 1:28 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2019 1:54 PM

KurtJ99 wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

One at MXoN, too.

lawson34 wrote:

Stalled the bike the battery starter sensor stopped it from cranking because it overheated not a mechanical... Happened to me once

Stalled the bike and it wouldn't restart and that's not a mechanical?

|

7/21/2019 1:49 PM

Dirty Points wrote:

One at MXoN, too.

lawson34 wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

Actually no, it's technically an electrical.

|

If talk is cheap, silence must be expensive because nobody can afford it!

7/21/2019 1:53 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2019 1:54 PM

lawson34 wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

GoonRider93 wrote:

Actually no, technically an overheated starter would be electro-mechanical.

Dork.

|

7/21/2019 2:07 PM

Has another KX450 had issues besides Savatgy’s? Don’t think so.

|

7/21/2019 2:13 PM

I'm just glad I decided to stop putting savatgy on my fantasy team. I do know he has had a few crashes, but the fact that a weekend racer can put 75hrs on an engine and clutch without issue, but his bike can't get through a 30min motowhistling

|

7/21/2019 3:07 PM

Dirty Points wrote:

GoonRider93 wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

Dork.

not the starter. The starter sensor.
Electrical

|

7/21/2019 4:00 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2019 4:02 PM

Dirty Points wrote:

GoonRider93 wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

Dork.

|

7/21/2019 4:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2019 4:03 PM

GoonRider93 wrote:

Dirty Points wrote:

Dork.

crusty_xx wrote:

not the starter. The starter sensor.
Electrical

Exactly...

|

7/21/2019 4:07 PM

I stalled my bike went to restart it gave it a little throttle in a hurry to get moving flooded it or something it cranked a few seconds then nothing.... after short time I guess it cooled she fired and never to happen again... was it a mechanical I'm not sure I didn't have anything to fix

|

7/21/2019 4:34 PM

Kawi could have a mechanical failure every race for the rest of the season and still have less DNF's then KTM in its past

|

7/21/2019 4:48 PM

But, in moto terms, mechanical is a broad statement, including electrical.

|

7/21/2019 4:57 PM

I'm sure factory kawi teams have figured out a way around that sensor, that was ET3's first race on the 19.. obviously they're growing pains on a all new bike without any notes to referee to

|

7/21/2019 5:01 PM
Edited Date/Time: 7/21/2019 5:07 PM

The part we are supposedly arguing about: "battery starter sensor". I have no idea what's being referred to. Someone educate me here.

I don't see any sensor relating to either battery or starter on the parts diagrams.

I mean, of course there's the tipover sensor that we are familiar with, but that doesn't appear period on factory bikes.

|

7/21/2019 5:04 PM

loftyair wrote:

But, in moto terms, mechanical is a broad statement, including electrical.

You're right electrical failure is a mechanical, but a shity safety sensor that is playing it safe to prevent damage in my opinion ain't a mechanical failure it's a inconvenience

|

7/21/2019 5:08 PM

280driver wrote:

Has another KX450 had issues besides Savatgy’s? Don’t think so.

Tommy Searle had his fair share this year with a factory satellite team in the Gps

|

7/21/2019 5:10 PM

The bike shuts down all power to prevent the battery from overheating, after it cools a little all is well... long story short if you have to crank the bike more than it thinks you should to goes dead

|