Factory KTM Fuel Type

Related:
Create New Tag

8/27/2018 6:31 PM

I couldn't help but notice, and really can't believe I haven't at all the SX's I have attended. What kind of fuel is factory KTM using? It has a completely different smell that stands out compared to the VP fuel and Renegade

|

8/27/2018 6:34 PM

ETS Fuel.

Do a quick search on here. It was talked about not all that long ago.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/27/2018 6:56 PM

Ahh thanks... Interesting info

|

8/27/2018 7:57 PM

Worst smelling stuff in the paddock.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

8/27/2018 7:59 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

I can’t breathe around the stuff, following a bike burning it is pretty rough too.

|

8/27/2018 8:09 PM

TeamGreen wrote:

ML512 wrote:

I can’t breathe around the stuff, following a bike burning it is pretty rough too.

It's French.

I'm jus' sayin'...

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

8/27/2018 8:20 PM

In my testing - it wasnt better than pro6

However - It was from a 55 drum that had been opened and closed over about 4 weeks for use - and that always hurts performance

Anyone know why thats the fuel of choice for them?

|

8/27/2018 9:01 PM

Derek Harris wrote:

However - It was from a 55 drum that had been opened and closed over about 4 weeks ...more

Doesn't boil as easily as the pro 6

|

8/27/2018 9:04 PM

And yes it smells terrible. You know you were around it too much when you couldn't smell it anymore and the wife is trying to make you sleep on the couch because you stink like it. w00t

|

8/28/2018 7:12 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2018 7:13 AM

Derek Harris wrote:

However - It was from a 55 drum that had been opened and closed over about 4 weeks ...more

mx216 wrote:

Doesn't boil as easily as the pro 6

We haven't had issue since VP introduced the pro6-HT version
And efi solved a lot of those issues when fuel boiled on carb bikes it was terrible

But years back that makes a lot of sense - it used to be hugely problematic

|

8/28/2018 7:39 AM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

ETS Fuel.

Do a quick search on here. It was talked about not all that long ago.

Love the smell of some Vp pro 6, But I can honestly say the smell of ets gives me an unreal headache. Don’t even like being around their pit.

|

8/28/2018 8:20 AM

Derek Harris wrote:

We haven't had issue since VP introduced the pro6-HT version
And efi solved a lot of those issues when fuel boiled on carb ...more

It appears that it still boils less that the HT. After the switch to ETS the problems we had we're corrected. It didn't happen much, but at some of the hot races near the end of the motos the bikes ran a little wonky. I am in no way endorsing or badmouthing certain fuels. Just sharing the experience.

|