Factory HRC Honda 450

Fraser
11/18/2018 8:34am Edited Date/Time 11/18/2018 1:31pm
I found this on the Honda stand at the Motorcycle Live show in the UK today. It was in amongst all the road bikes being largely ignored. Seems to be on of Tim Gajser's full factory bikes. As you don't normally get to see one that close I took some pictures so you can see all the exotic factory parts on it-

|
11/18/2018 8:54am
Sweet! Saw one up close at the Swiss MXGP. The attention to detail is unreal. Even the stupid radiators are a piece of art.
11/18/2018 9:03am
#434 wrote:
Sweet! Saw one up close at the Swiss MXGP. The attention to detail is unreal. Even the stupid radiators are a piece of art.
World class attention to detail till you get to the forks and they are cruedly wraped in a carbon fiber sticker??‍♂️
Fraser
11/18/2018 9:13am
Those carbon fork guards are a work of art

The Shop

ledger
11/18/2018 10:33am
Bike is a Stud ! Thanks for the pics.
H4L
11/18/2018 12:22pm
Drool worthy...
11/18/2018 12:30pm
Great close ups, I could look at this all day long.

Ive wondered before why the factories spend thousands and thousands on super light-weight titanium fasteners along with other special metals, all in the name of dropping weight, but then use the supersprox sprocket with the steel outer-ring.
It doesn't make any sense- supersprox make some perfectly good aluminium sprockets and they could have a new one for each moto almost, not that Id believe they would tear up a new aluminium sprocket in one moto anyway.
Like I say, not much sense in spending thousands to drop weight, only to use the heavier than necessary option elsewhere.
11/18/2018 12:38pm
Great close ups, I could look at this all day long. Ive wondered before why the factories spend thousands and thousands on super light-weight titanium fasteners...

Ive wondered before why the factories spend thousands and thousands on super light-weight titanium fasteners along with other special metals, all in the name of dropping weight, but then use the supersprox sprocket with the steel outer-ring.
It doesn't make any sense- supersprox make some perfectly good aluminium sprockets and they could have a new one for each moto almost, not that Id believe they would tear up a new aluminium sprocket in one moto anyway.
Like I say, not much sense in spending thousands to drop weight, only to use the heavier than necessary option elsewhere.
It‘s an aluminium sprocket, just painted to look like a supersprox.
Motofinne
11/18/2018 12:43pm
Great close ups, I could look at this all day long. Ive wondered before why the factories spend thousands and thousands on super light-weight titanium fasteners...

That is actually a "painted" full alu sprocket, it only looks like the alu sprocket with the steel ring. The teams that are sponsored by Superprox gets those.
11/18/2018 12:52pm

Motofinne wrote:
That is actually a "painted" full alu sprocket, it only looks like the alu sprocket with the steel ring. The teams that are sponsored by Superprox...
That is actually a "painted" full alu sprocket, it only looks like the alu sprocket with the steel ring. The teams that are sponsored by Superprox gets those.
Interesting! Thanks guys.
Beeby
11/18/2018 1:31pm
Great shots Fraser! I wonder how much money is spent on parts for factory bikes that never makes it onto production machines later on.

Post a reply to: Factory HRC Honda 450

The Latest