Factory GAS GAS

Bidirella
6/26/2020 7:44am
MXMattii wrote:
With all do respect but; 1. The USA ain't the world. 2. MX Bikes are for most manufacturers a marginal piece of the pie. 3. I've...
With all do respect but;

1. The USA ain't the world.
2. MX Bikes are for most manufacturers a marginal piece of the pie.
3. I've talked with people running Austrian branded (KTM Group teams) and they are talking about deep red, bloody figures.
4. I've talked with people working for Japanese teams and they are talking that in April (when the Japanese market has their annual meetings) the board was already talking about a big crisis. About cutting into the funding for more marginal race programs such as MX in both AMA/MXGP/Australia and all the other National championships. Also cutting and even scrapping funding in National road racing championships such as BSB/FSB/German Superbike/...

And that is only motorcycle brands, I won't start about clothing, oil, helmet ... brands who didn't sold anything when people were in lock down. In Belgium for example are all championships cancelled for 2020 and in Holland the same.
Dude, with all respect but you talk allot of shit.
Get your facts straight before you scream all that stuff.

And by the way, there will be racing in Belgium and Holland this year. Next Tuesday the Dutch Federation will announce their new calendar.
MXMattii
6/26/2020 10:36am
USA wrote:
I know absolutely nothing. But, aren't dealers selling bikes that the Manufacturers already sold to them? And the Manufacturers aren't making new product due to the...
I know absolutely nothing. But, aren't dealers selling bikes that the Manufacturers already sold to them? And the Manufacturers aren't making new product due to the shutdowns globally, so I dont know if higher dealer sales really means much to the OEMs in the current environment.

I know I'm excited to see another brand of bike out there though, I hope the TLD team just adds some 450s so we dont lose any rides, just add some more factory seats Cool

Is it a possibility that JGR goes Husky, TLD goes Gas Gas, and then we have 2 KTM teams (Factory and RMATV), 2 Husky teams (Factory and JGR) and Gas Gas (TLD)?

I really hope we all get through this situation stronger, like the current sales are hinting at.
I think you absolutely know more then you are telling Tongue . When a manufacturer stops producing bikes and shipping, what happens then... You get a drought at the market. Does that mean that it is a great year? When KTM hires x people extra to work extra hours to get rid of a % of the backlog, does that mean that it is a great year?

Are the dealers sales really up? Or are they just out of bikes and are their no new products to refile their stock?
OLDMOTO
6/26/2020 11:02am
Manufacturers have a yearly business plan. Its based on past sales and projections of growth. You build the amount of units you believe you will sell for your market. You don't want large amounts of unsold inventory sitting on the floor at year end and before the next year model. Also you have to plan delivery from your suppliers well in advance. A manufacturer does not produce all of their years production all at the same time, its spread out over time. The plague forced manufacturers and suppliers to close down during the height of production. The inventory that has been sold was already in the supply line. If sales are brisk there most likely will be a shortage of products available at some point. These conditions may prevent the manufacturers from reaching their total production goals for the model year. Scarcity of product to sell drives the price up if there is a large demand and depletes the inventory more quickly. So the the first half of the year sales are booming but lack of inventory can kill the last half. Also consumers may have purchased earlier than planned due to the quarantine. There may be a drop off in demand because of this. Its going to be interesting we resting to see how this ends up.
Mr. Afterbar
6/26/2020 11:20am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2020 11:23am
MXMattii wrote:
I think you absolutely know more then you are telling :P. When a manufacturer stops producing bikes and shipping, what happens then... You get a drought...
I think you absolutely know more then you are telling Tongue . When a manufacturer stops producing bikes and shipping, what happens then... You get a drought at the market. Does that mean that it is a great year? When KTM hires x people extra to work extra hours to get rid of a % of the backlog, does that mean that it is a great year?

Are the dealers sales really up? Or are they just out of bikes and are their no new products to refile their stock?
I don’t know this to be fact, but I’d venture to guess that all the manufacturers were done building 2020 MX bikes before the pandemic hit. (Edit) I see OLDMOTO above states the opposite so I may be way off base here. I think the lack of inventory suggests that sales are up. All we’ve been hearing since this mess began is how parts sales have been up while everyone is on lockdown. I can guarantee you pit bikes and their parts sales are through the roof.

The Shop

TeamGreen
6/26/2020 11:24am
MXMattii wrote:
I think you absolutely know more then you are telling :P. When a manufacturer stops producing bikes and shipping, what happens then... You get a drought...

I don’t know this to be fact, but I’d venture to guess that all the manufacturers were done building 2020 MX bikes before the pandemic hit...
I don’t know this to be fact, but I’d venture to guess that all the manufacturers were done building 2020 MX bikes before the pandemic hit. (Edit) I see OLDMOTO above states the opposite so I may be way off base here. I think the lack of inventory suggests that sales are up. All we’ve been hearing since this mess began is how parts sales have been up while everyone is on lockdown. I can guarantee you pit bikes and their parts sales are through the roof.
Some '21s were already in production. Hence, some 21s will be in dealers soon.

Post a reply to: Factory GAS GAS

The Latest