Factory Connection ramping up there pricing.

NeedMoto
I called for an O.T.D for a set of Cone Valve forks.

They quoted me $4,600.00. I asked if there was any movement on that, as they have done a few sets of revalve's this last year for me on other bikes. They said NO Sad I was just thinking/hoping customer loyalty might come into play.

Others shops that have quoted the same set up, were several hundred less. Guess I'll be buying elsewhere.

Anyone else getting higher quotes as of late from FC?
|
Digger29
5/11/2018 3:45pm
It was WP that raised the pricing and it's $4250 for CV forks so they're definitely not doing you any favors at $350 over retail.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
5/11/2018 4:34pm
Digger29 wrote:
It was WP that raised the pricing and it's $4250 for CV forks so they're definitely not doing you any favors at $350 over retail.
Rough tax?

The Shop

Pool-eh
Fantasy
2875th
5/11/2018 7:00pm
Can confirm that wp increased their pricing on a lot of items.
Ron_Shuler
5/16/2018 7:40am
What people don’t realize is when a WP dealer orders Cone Valves they still need to be re-valved they come with a base line setting and trust me it’s a very stiff setting. So in FC defense they are having to adjust the valving and that is worth something
TeamGreen
5/16/2018 9:12am
If you're getting their revalve/rebuild for that price?

Just do it.
Sixeightone
5/16/2018 10:23am
From what I was told Factory connection does not "re-valve" or spring it for the correct weight as it comes from wp. The Best bang for your buck is to go through Billy at Powerband. He will correctly spring it for you before it's sent to the customer.
Pool-eh
Fantasy
2875th
5/16/2018 12:10pm
From what I was told Factory connection does not "re-valve" or spring it for the correct weight as it comes from wp. The Best bang for...
From what I was told Factory connection does not "re-valve" or spring it for the correct weight as it comes from wp. The Best bang for your buck is to go through Billy at Powerband. He will correctly spring it for you before it's sent to the customer.
That is incorrect. They do respring and revalve
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
5/16/2018 1:19pm
From what I was told Factory connection does not "re-valve" or spring it for the correct weight as it comes from wp. The Best bang for...
Part of the price increase was sending spring options with every set of forks from WP to it's Centers.

Setup is extra if you want something other than the standard cone setting.

Yes, the price went up from WP and that has to get passed to the customer at some point.
KDXGarage
5/16/2018 2:26pm
NeedMoto wrote:
I called for an O.T.D for a set of Cone Valve forks. They quoted me $4,600.00. I asked if there was any movement on that, as...
I called for an O.T.D for a set of Cone Valve forks.

They quoted me $4,600.00. I asked if there was any movement on that, as they have done a few sets of revalve's this last year for me on other bikes. They said NO Sad I was just thinking/hoping customer loyalty might come into play.

Others shops that have quoted the same set up, were several hundred less. Guess I'll be buying elsewhere.

Anyone else getting higher quotes as of late from FC?
If this is what "customer loyalty" is about, then it's no wonder they won't rush to give away money. VITAL MX is the new headquarters of "I didn't get my way, so I am going to put some place on BLAST. " It's Factory Connection, not Joe Bob that gets on TT suspension forum and starts a business six months later. LOL

Post a reply to: Factory Connection ramping up there pricing.

The Latest