Factory Connection ramping up there pricing.

Related:
Create New Tag

5/11/2018 2:12 PM

I called for an O.T.D for a set of Cone Valve forks.

They quoted me $4,600.00. I asked if there was any movement on that, as they have done a few sets of revalve's this last year for me on other bikes. They said NO sad I was just thinking/hoping customer loyalty might come into play.

Others shops that have quoted the same set up, were several hundred less. Guess I'll be buying elsewhere.

Anyone else getting higher quotes as of late from FC?

|

5/11/2018 2:15 PM

I’ve heard the prices from WP were raised.

|

5/11/2018 3:45 PM

It was WP that raised the pricing and it's $4250 for CV forks so they're definitely not doing you any favors at $350 over retail.

|

5/11/2018 4:34 PM

Digger29 wrote:

It was WP that raised the pricing and it's $4250 for CV forks so they're definitely not doing you any favors at $350 over ...more

Rough tax?

|

5/11/2018 4:53 PM

Springs and “set up” prob shipping if its otd

|

5/11/2018 6:21 PM

Derek Harris wrote:

Springs and “set up” prob shipping if its otd

That is correct^^^

|

5/11/2018 7:00 PM

Can confirm that wp increased their pricing on a lot of items.

|

5/15/2018 9:54 PM

|

5/16/2018 7:40 AM

What people don’t realize is when a WP dealer orders Cone Valves they still need to be re-valved they come with a base line setting and trust me it’s a very stiff setting. So in FC defense they are having to adjust the valving and that is worth something

|

5/16/2018 9:12 AM

If you're getting their revalve/rebuild for that price?

Just do it.

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

5/16/2018 10:23 AM

From what I was told Factory connection does not "re-valve" or spring it for the correct weight as it comes from wp. The Best bang for your buck is to go through Billy at Powerband. He will correctly spring it for you before it's sent to the customer.

|

Tony Alessi, "I think it's time to have more kids so I can have hopes of actually raising a champion."

5/16/2018 12:10 PM

Sixeightone wrote:

From what I was told Factory connection does not "re-valve" or spring it for the correct weight as it comes from wp. The Best ...more

That is incorrect. They do respring and revalve

|

5/16/2018 1:19 PM

Sixeightone wrote:

From what I was told Factory connection does not "re-valve" or spring it for the correct weight as it comes from wp. The Best ...more

Part of the price increase was sending spring options with every set of forks from WP to it's Centers.

Setup is extra if you want something other than the standard cone setting.

Yes, the price went up from WP and that has to get passed to the customer at some point.

|

Race Tech Director of Marketing
www.racetech.com
Proud supporters of VitalMX. Ask me about the VitalMX Discount!

5/16/2018 2:26 PM

NeedMoto wrote:

I called for an O.T.D for a set of Cone Valve forks.

They quoted me $4,600.00. I asked if there was any movement on that, as ...more

If this is what "customer loyalty" is about, then it's no wonder they won't rush to give away money. VITAL MX is the new headquarters of "I didn't get my way, so I am going to put some place on BLAST. " It's Factory Connection, not Joe Bob that gets on TT suspension forum and starts a business six months later. LOL

|