FXR Revo Gear Review

phatfi20
Edited Date/Time 12/5/2017 11:21am
So I just bought a set of FXR Revo gear and thought I would share a short review because they are relatively new and I've only seen less than a handful of guys at the track with it. For what its worth, Keefer likes wearing this gear as you can see from his Instagram.

Have to say performance wise the attention to detail is in line with top of the line stuff like fox flexair level. There isn't a better set of gear I own and think it edges out fox flexair with durability. I'm a big guy on needing ventilation. The whole jersey is knit in a way similar to vented gear but its not "mesh". You can see through it if you put your hand in it. Definitely not something you want for woods riding getting snagged on, but they have a woods jersey for that.. The pants look/feel like it will be more durable than the flexair stuff. Fit is not as tight as flexair and more similar to the fly hydro lite. It is an athletic/modern cut.

I got on their rider support program which is simple and get a huge discount from retail. I never pay retail for gear. Pay much less than flex air stuff for that level fit/performance. Ok ball chugging done.

|
ricko
12/5/2017 6:38am
There gear has been poping up a lot more at my local races, I must say I do like it, looks nice, not too over done.
-MAVERICK-
Fantasy
3730th
12/5/2017 6:52am Edited Date/Time 12/5/2017 6:54am
FXR has been in business for over 25 years. I'm not sure exactly when they started making MX gear but in the early 2000's when I started riding they were around back then. They just never pushed their MX gear because the snowmobile segment is where they started, concentrated and is their bread and butter to this day.

Personally I'm glad they started marketing their stuff in recent years because I think it looks nice.

Head over to Racer X and search for the interview they did with Milt Reimer the owner of FXR.
Steadman
12/5/2017 7:52am
I have a few friends who wear it and they swear it's some of the most comfortable, well built gear they have owned. I'm tempted to try a set or two.
12/5/2017 8:09am
I was a support rider last year, was pretty excited to support a Canadian company that I figured would have good gear. I've been using their sled gear for years (boots, bibs, jacket, gloves etc.) which has been great, their moto gear is just as good, I haven't been able to rip it yet in the woods or on the track.
The thing I like the most is the clean, classic designs, I can't stand most of the new gear from other companies design wise.
They are really gaining ground in moto, it's nice to see. Hopefully will be receiving rider support for 2017 when I know for sure I'll be racing.

The Shop

yz763
12/5/2017 8:27am
I was a support rider last year, was pretty excited to support a Canadian company that I figured would have good gear. I've been using their...
I was a support rider last year, was pretty excited to support a Canadian company that I figured would have good gear. I've been using their sled gear for years (boots, bibs, jacket, gloves etc.) which has been great, their moto gear is just as good, I haven't been able to rip it yet in the woods or on the track.
The thing I like the most is the clean, classic designs, I can't stand most of the new gear from other companies design wise.
They are really gaining ground in moto, it's nice to see. Hopefully will be receiving rider support for 2017 when I know for sure I'll be racing.

You know, this brings up a solid point. Do these gear manufacturers actually listen to what the consumer wants or do they have some ADHD graphic design guy partnered up with a marketing guy slamming out radical designs of gear for a new launch every 3 months? It seems the purists on this board, along with myself, prefer the subtle designs with decent color ways over the radical designs that a lot of these gear companies are putting out.
JeepnMike
12/5/2017 8:30am
They seem to put a HUGE effort to supporting privateers too.
danzig138
Fantasy
4063rd
12/5/2017 9:18am
phatfi20 wrote:
So I just bought a set of FXR Revo gear and thought I would share a short review because they are relatively new and I've only...
So I just bought a set of FXR Revo gear and thought I would share a short review because they are relatively new and I've only seen less than a handful of guys at the track with it. For what its worth, Keefer likes wearing this gear as you can see from his Instagram.

Have to say performance wise the attention to detail is in line with top of the line stuff like fox flexair level. There isn't a better set of gear I own and think it edges out fox flexair with durability. I'm a big guy on needing ventilation. The whole jersey is knit in a way similar to vented gear but its not "mesh". You can see through it if you put your hand in it. Definitely not something you want for woods riding getting snagged on, but they have a woods jersey for that.. The pants look/feel like it will be more durable than the flexair stuff. Fit is not as tight as flexair and more similar to the fly hydro lite. It is an athletic/modern cut.

I got on their rider support program which is simple and get a huge discount from retail. I never pay retail for gear. Pay much less than flex air stuff for that level fit/performance. Ok ball chugging done.

I'm not gonna lie, thats some of the best looking gear (other than Answer) i've seen in a long time.
phatfi20
12/5/2017 10:15am Edited Date/Time 12/5/2017 10:15am
JeepnMike wrote:
They seem to put a HUGE effort to supporting privateers too.
Thats funny you say that because its so true. AJ catanzaro started wearing it and it caught my eye from his insta. He rides at the local MX track Tomahawk in WV and built a private full supercross next to the MX track.

He will be one privateer to watch this year.
12/5/2017 11:20am
yz763 wrote:
You know, this brings up a solid point. Do these gear manufacturers actually listen to what the consumer wants or do they have some ADHD graphic...
You know, this brings up a solid point. Do these gear manufacturers actually listen to what the consumer wants or do they have some ADHD graphic design guy partnered up with a marketing guy slamming out radical designs of gear for a new launch every 3 months? It seems the purists on this board, along with myself, prefer the subtle designs with decent color ways over the radical designs that a lot of these gear companies are putting out.
FXR listens to the feed back they get. They have given their pro riders some gear that wasn't out for the public, but with the feedback they got they ended up releasing it... Now, I'm not sure if they had planned to do that to create buzz about a design before they released, but it worked. I never thought so many grown men would want to wear hot pink, but when that jersey came out (I think it was 2016) everyone liked it.

They have their style, and as far back as I can remember with their sled gear, It's always been clean and sharp looking so I don't see it changing... I think if they just tried to follow suit with the industry they would lose what makes them stand out, not all of us want to look like an acid trip.

Post a reply to: FXR Revo Gear Review

The Latest