FXR Chapparal Team is done?

avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
4/10/2020 1:01pm
newmann wrote:
Just go watch Reality of Speed on YouTube. He never seemed like he wanted to be there. Pissed and moaned and bellyached...Laughing
Those were awesome. Can we get Michael, Jimmy, AND DV on a podcast together? Laughing
face biter
4/10/2020 1:17pm
What’s the difference between a pre med student and God?

God doesn’t think he’s a pre med student.
🤣
Seriously though, if this Jeff Walker guy is really going to go to medical school then maybe this summer was going to be a kind of “ last hurrah “ before buckling down and making that the priority.
Now that the schedule has gotten caddywampus, and questionable maybe it’s best that he spend less time risking an injury that could jeopardize his education.
hasko158
4/10/2020 1:53pm
I just have 1 question about all of this......who is Jeff Walker?
dean122
4/10/2020 2:22pm
Yeah, it's all speculation, but living conditions may have a part in all of this. You're on your own from the East coast joining a new race team, (girlfriend in tow <---key clue) and who's paying for and supporting cross-country living arrangements during uncertain times and worldwide pandemic? It's not always about the gear and graphics you get for "free". There's a lot of other shit that goes along with being on a team, especially when expectations for either party aren't living up to...expectation. Shit happens.

The Shop

LungButter
4/10/2020 3:53pm
dean122 wrote:
Yeah, it's all speculation, but living conditions may have a part in all of this. You're on your own from the East coast joining a new...
Yeah, it's all speculation, but living conditions may have a part in all of this. You're on your own from the East coast joining a new race team, (girlfriend in tow <---key clue) and who's paying for and supporting cross-country living arrangements during uncertain times and worldwide pandemic? It's not always about the gear and graphics you get for "free". There's a lot of other shit that goes along with being on a team, especially when expectations for either party aren't living up to...expectation. Shit happens.
Seems like his Dad has been footing the bills to get him this far along so I'm sure Dad was footing the bills in California. Dad will likely still be footing the bills now that Walker "wants to do his own thing"

ML will end up with a better rider on the team anyway. Plenty of dudes capable of scoring points that will take a ride like that in a heartbeat. Walker is lucky to make the fast 40 weekly.
Ruskowski233
4/10/2020 3:57pm
dean122 wrote:
Yeah, it's all speculation, but living conditions may have a part in all of this. You're on your own from the East coast joining a new...
LungButter wrote:
Seems like his Dad has been footing the bills to get him this far along so I'm sure Dad was footing the bills in California. Dad...
Seems like his Dad has been footing the bills to get him this far along so I'm sure Dad was footing the bills in California. Dad will likely still be footing the bills now that Walker "wants to do his own thing"

ML will end up with a better rider on the team anyway. Plenty of dudes capable of scoring points that will take a ride like that in a heartbeat. Walker is lucky to make the fast 40 weekly.
Couldn't of said it any better myself.
moto551
4/10/2020 4:24pm
seth505 wrote:
The only thing making Walker look bad is his own post.
How would his post make him look bad ?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
4/10/2020 4:33pm
Honestly, while I appreciate the vast majority of this community supporting my/the team's efforts, I would like to see the Walker negative comments cease. Not saying people shouldn't share opinions (that's what the forum is for), it's actually my personal opinion being shared by saying this and my own request to the community.

At a time like this, with no racing and giant unknown ahead of us, it leaves a lot of time to ponder and a lot of time to let negativity soak in...something I don't want for anyone involved.

I guess take my comment for what it's worth.

Also, I think I can speak for everyone when I say...CAN WE JUST GO RACING AGAIN! Laughing

4/10/2020 4:54pm
Jeffro needs to sit down and talk with Phil, DD, Amart about their e10 mods days. ML seems to run a better ship than Sanner. But...
Jeffro needs to sit down and talk with Phil, DD, Amart about their e10 mods days.

ML seems to run a better ship than Sanner. But Sanner did build a bike that did this...so.

That is the best trophy Sanner would have too.
BobbyM
4/10/2020 9:50pm
500guy wrote:
Nobody will gain anything by airing out the Laundry on here. The Industry is small and tight knit and it doesn't tolerate the dirty laundry. Both...
Nobody will gain anything by airing out the Laundry on here.

The Industry is small and tight knit and it doesn't tolerate the dirty laundry.

Both parties need to just move on and Vitards need to accept they will never know everything and the really shouldn't know any ways.
Bring back the chinaman dammit!
BobbyM
4/10/2020 9:51pm
mb60 wrote:
We need DV12 to explain his time with BooKoo. Lol
avidchimp wrote:
I'd pay money to listen to that one.
newmann wrote:
Just go watch Reality of Speed on YouTube. He never seemed like he wanted to be there. Pissed and moaned and bellyached...Laughing
He always does that, he was just in character.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
4/10/2020 11:16pm
seth505 wrote:
The only thing making Walker look bad is his own post.
moto551 wrote:
How would his post make him look bad ?
Just read it after listening to the pulp interview he references, it comes off as misguided and bitchy. Anyway, ML would rather leave it alone and I don’t wish walker any ill will.
Mx286
4/11/2020 3:49am Edited Date/Time 4/11/2020 3:49am
Everyone bagging on Jeff should here his side of the story. You’ll never know Jeff’s side of the story though because it could piss certain people off and hurt him in the long run. I mean honestly come on, who just ups and leaves a team for no reason? Hopefully it eventually works it’s way out so people can see the grass is not always greener on the other side...
4/11/2020 8:54am
Jeffro needs to sit down and talk with Phil, DD, Amart about their e10 mods days. ML seems to run a better ship than Sanner. But...
Jeffro needs to sit down and talk with Phil, DD, Amart about their e10 mods days.

ML seems to run a better ship than Sanner. But Sanner did build a bike that did this...so.

Well I’d like to think the the facts lie some where between ML’s story and the two former riders side.
I’m also of the opinion that people have grown fond of ML through his tests either on Vital or independently over the years. Many may have a hard time believing that the team situation was not as great as perceived to be.
I also Have heard ML taking a lot of jabs at Sanner over the years and I think he found out the hard way “It’s not as Easy as it looks”.

I obviously hope for the sport the Team stays around but promise you no FXR Chaparral Honda will comes close to the results of E10 mods. That much I do know!

Ghost🤙🏻
4/11/2020 9:51am
Mx286 wrote:
Everyone bagging on Jeff should here his side of the story. You’ll never know Jeff’s side of the story though because it could piss certain people...
Everyone bagging on Jeff should here his side of the story. You’ll never know Jeff’s side of the story though because it could piss certain people off and hurt him in the long run. I mean honestly come on, who just ups and leaves a team for no reason? Hopefully it eventually works it’s way out so people can see the grass is not always greener on the other side...
Thanks, this is what i was trying to say in my previous post.
shuggs
4/11/2020 11:02am
ML512 wrote:
Honestly, while I appreciate the vast majority of this community supporting my/the team's efforts, I would like to see the Walker negative comments cease. Not saying...
Honestly, while I appreciate the vast majority of this community supporting my/the team's efforts, I would like to see the Walker negative comments cease. Not saying people shouldn't share opinions (that's what the forum is for), it's actually my personal opinion being shared by saying this and my own request to the community.

At a time like this, with no racing and giant unknown ahead of us, it leaves a lot of time to ponder and a lot of time to let negativity soak in...something I don't want for anyone involved.

I guess take my comment for what it's worth.

Also, I think I can speak for everyone when I say...CAN WE JUST GO RACING AGAIN! Laughing

Classy comment from someone I consider to be a classy guy👍

Wishing you & team nothing but positives for the future
mb60
4/11/2020 11:29am
I guess we will see this summer if we have a series. Robin and Walker will be teaming up and hitting the road.
4/12/2020 9:34pm
Mx286 wrote:
Everyone bagging on Jeff should here his side of the story. You’ll never know Jeff’s side of the story though because it could piss certain people...
hurt Jeff from what in the long run? from getting a factory honda ride lol?why not spill the beans, which i feel is none.
he`s clearly a good rider to qualify for a national but doesnt have a shitshow in making a decent living or getting any kind of ride, ML`s was his only chance.

EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
4/13/2020 12:16am
"Did Lindsay's fricken bolt ever win a race!?"
bierbower105
4/13/2020 4:45am
Well I’d like to think the the facts lie some where between ML’s story and the two former riders side. I’m also of the opinion that...
Well I’d like to think the the facts lie some where between ML’s story and the two former riders side.
I’m also of the opinion that people have grown fond of ML through his tests either on Vital or independently over the years. Many may have a hard time believing that the team situation was not as great as perceived to be.
I also Have heard ML taking a lot of jabs at Sanner over the years and I think he found out the hard way “It’s not as Easy as it looks”.

I obviously hope for the sport the Team stays around but promise you no FXR Chaparral Honda will comes close to the results of E10 mods. That much I do know!

Ghost🤙🏻
Sanner is a legend. DD said when he went to pro circuit that picture was the background on their desktop computers.

Racing is just tough. That's what we all love about it.
newmann
4/13/2020 6:23am

I had the pleasure of pitting with those guys at Freestone the day Phil Nicoletti burned all of Team PC and Geicos asses to the first turn and pulled out a pretty commanding lead for a bit. That Sanner horsepower sucked the fuel tank dry with 5 laps to go...Blink

I helped his mechanic blow the tank up between motos to a point that it had to be wedged back into the frame. Probably held an extra quart or two.Laughing Second moto...DNF. Good times. Would have been neat to see what could have been if Sanner had a big budget to work with.
aeffertz
4/13/2020 9:14am
newmann wrote:
I had the pleasure of pitting with those guys at Freestone the day Phil Nicoletti burned all of Team PC and Geicos asses to the first...
I had the pleasure of pitting with those guys at Freestone the day Phil Nicoletti burned all of Team PC and Geicos asses to the first turn and pulled out a pretty commanding lead for a bit. That Sanner horsepower sucked the fuel tank dry with 5 laps to go...Blink

I helped his mechanic blow the tank up between motos to a point that it had to be wedged back into the frame. Probably held an extra quart or two.Laughing Second moto...DNF. Good times. Would have been neat to see what could have been if Sanner had a big budget to work with.
I think all these factory teams could produce a bike that makes more horsepower but it’s pointless if the bike can’t finish the race. How great is the engine builder really if he’s constantly blowing the motors up? Sure, the wow factor is there but you have build a fast bike that can actually finish the race.
newmann
4/13/2020 9:40am
newmann wrote:
I had the pleasure of pitting with those guys at Freestone the day Phil Nicoletti burned all of Team PC and Geicos asses to the first...

aeffertz wrote:
I think all these factory teams could produce a bike that makes more horsepower but it’s pointless if the bike can’t finish the race. How great...
I think all these factory teams could produce a bike that makes more horsepower but it’s pointless if the bike can’t finish the race. How great is the engine builder really if he’s constantly blowing the motors up? Sure, the wow factor is there but you have build a fast bike that can actually finish the race.
I guess you missed the part where I mentioned big budget?

4/13/2020 10:06am
newmann wrote:

aeffertz wrote:
I think all these factory teams could produce a bike that makes more horsepower but it’s pointless if the bike can’t finish the race. How great...
Pointless? Maybe. The fact is At that level you need any and all advantages. If you rrally want to be competitive you generally walk the line. Mitch and PC are considered the “best” if you are counting titles. They have had their fair share of DNF’s but it’s the price you pay. Things break in racing...

Ghost

Riesenberg448
Fantasy
2005th
4/13/2020 10:29am

Would you believe that the bike Jerry was getting top 5 starts on often last year had under $1500 retail in the engine? Let's just say it was good enough that a lot of guys were whispering about it being a big bore. I wish someone would've torn it down and seen how basic it was.

It also only had 1 rebuild during the entire national series.

The stock parts on a lot of these bikes are really good and someone that knows what they are doing can do a lot with a little budget without sacrificing reliability.

Looks like we'll give it another go this summer on a Husky 250 with Jerry while Justin, Chris, and Coty will get to continue to show their FXR Chap Hondas are plenty competitive too.
Mx286
4/13/2020 4:12pm
Mx286 wrote:
cablecable wrote:
hurt Jeff from what in the long run? from getting a factory honda ride lol?why not spill the beans, which i feel is none. he`s clearly...
hurt Jeff from what in the long run? from getting a factory honda ride lol?why not spill the beans, which i feel is none.
he`s clearly a good rider to qualify for a national but doesnt have a shitshow in making a decent living or getting any kind of ride, ML`s was his only chance.

No, more than likely he will never have a factory ride. But if he tells the story it will make him look bad by shitting on the guy that was “supposed” to be helping him. It’s a BRO industry and people talk. If you piss off the right people, goodluck trying to get any future support from companies.
mxjon454
4/13/2020 6:36pm
Well I’d like to think the the facts lie some where between ML’s story and the two former riders side. I’m also of the opinion that...

Ghost🤙🏻
Sanner is a legend. DD said when he went to pro circuit that picture was the background on their desktop computers. Racing is just tough. That's...
Sanner is a legend. DD said when he went to pro circuit that picture was the background on their desktop computers.

Racing is just tough. That's what we all love about it.
Rattray was actually passing DD in that photo where DD is waving at him. Epic pic regardless!!!
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
4/13/2020 7:22pm
Finally listed to the pulp episode, sounds to me ML told those guys no semi for outdoors, limited rounds and they wanted to do the full series. To do this they had to leave the team. That was my take from it.
Joe512
4/14/2020 9:02am
yak651 wrote:
Finally listed to the pulp episode, sounds to me ML told those guys no semi for outdoors, limited rounds and they wanted to do the full...
Finally listed to the pulp episode, sounds to me ML told those guys no semi for outdoors, limited rounds and they wanted to do the full series. To do this they had to leave the team. That was my take from it.
From day 1 he was clear it was going to be a very limited effort outdoors. I'm just amazed this thread is still going 🙄

Post a reply to: FXR Chapparal Team is done?

The Latest