FXR Chapparal Team is done?

jessdr1
Edited Date/Time 4/13/2020 7:22pm
Damn that sucks if its the end for FXR Chapparal... Jerry Robin's moving away 3 days ago and now Jeff Walker. Dang corona virus ...

|
T-Fish
Fantasy
173rd
4/4/2020 3:31pm
I hope that’s not the case, as ML has put so much into this. This hasn’t been a good year at all. Hopefully things pan out and his team can rock-n-roll once things get closer to normal.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
4/4/2020 3:36pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2020 3:36pm
Yeah, they’re not done. Just riders looking for other options if I had to guess
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/4/2020 3:49pm
Nope, team is still going. Like most teams, waiting to see how the rest of the year falls but the plan is to compete in outdoors and the rest of the SX season. Smile

The Shop

Pink
4/5/2020 8:06am
Lots of people underestimate the cost associated with operating any business. Things like mistakes, trucks breaking down, flat tires or people not showing up can break companies fast. It cost $1.75 per mile to operate a semi truck alone. Usually your successful companies are owned or operated by senior people with lots of experience. My guess is this owner is young, with little to no experience. Probably the “ I’m gonna show you how it’s done” attitude. Now there’s now work, no income and no employees. I wish this team luck, but I would recommend restructuring fast.
8tensolutions
4/5/2020 8:31am
Pink wrote:
Lots of people underestimate the cost associated with operating any business. Things like mistakes, trucks breaking down, flat tires or people not showing up can break...
Lots of people underestimate the cost associated with operating any business. Things like mistakes, trucks breaking down, flat tires or people not showing up can break companies fast. It cost $1.75 per mile to operate a semi truck alone. Usually your successful companies are owned or operated by senior people with lots of experience. My guess is this owner is young, with little to no experience. Probably the “ I’m gonna show you how it’s done” attitude. Now there’s now work, no income and no employees. I wish this team luck, but I would recommend restructuring fast.
I agree with this, but wish the riders and the owner would just say what happened. No way two riders left a team in the same week because they felt they were better off out of a van. I love what ML is doing by starting a Team and have much respect, but overall all the BS in the industry is just frustrating. This is why Matthes is so refreshing in this bro sport.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/5/2020 9:01am
Pink wrote:
Lots of people underestimate the cost associated with operating any business. Things like mistakes, trucks breaking down, flat tires or people not showing up can break...
Young, yes...thinking I’m going to “show you how it’s done” not even close. I’ve said from the minute I started this that it is the worst idea ever and it’s gonna be tough. Laughing
visser62
4/5/2020 9:23am
I'm confused as to why Jeff is leaving. He looked like he was making lots of progress, it was his first big break with a team and there was all this hype for the deal, so why back out now?
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
4/5/2020 9:42am
Bet it's more of a Chaparral problem than a ML problem. Has anything associated with Chaparral ever worked out in the long run?
Ray_MXS
4/5/2020 10:15am
I don't get why riders wanna "do things on their own" instead of getting bikes, mechanics and trailers to pit out of.

The time planning, wrenching, making sponsors happy etc could be spend in the gym, on a road bike, out running or whatever.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/5/2020 10:33am
RonSkj wrote:
Bet it's more of a Chaparral problem than a ML problem. Has anything associated with Chaparral ever worked out in the long run?
Chaparral has been a fantastic partner in everything I’ve ever done with them, they’ve always gone above and beyond and still are as we speak.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
4/5/2020 10:39am
Pink wrote:
There isn’t much to restructure.

ML is a one man show apart from the riders and wrenches. Believe me.
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
4/5/2020 10:44am Edited Date/Time 4/5/2020 10:45am
Ray_MXS wrote:
I don't get why riders wanna "do things on their own" instead of getting bikes, mechanics and trailers to pit out of. The time planning, wrenching...
I don't get why riders wanna "do things on their own" instead of getting bikes, mechanics and trailers to pit out of.

The time planning, wrenching, making sponsors happy etc could be spend in the gym, on a road bike, out running or whatever.
In a normal world yes, that doesn't make a bunch of sense.

In the current world, NOBODY is getting a bunch of sponsor product, so if they want to ride, it's on their own dime. I wouldn't be surprised to know that all of the teams are making their riders sit this month out to preserve parts and budget. If we don't race till the fall, or 2021 it's going to be a very lean year for budgets going forward.
GODZILLA
4/5/2020 11:00am
ML512 wrote:
Nope, team is still going. Like most teams, waiting to see how the rest of the year falls but the plan is to compete in outdoors...
Nope, team is still going. Like most teams, waiting to see how the rest of the year falls but the plan is to compete in outdoors and the rest of the SX season. Smile
The way things are developing, the rest of the season shouldn't be too expensive.
Unsure
4/5/2020 11:15am
From what I've understood this program was put together by ML to help his buddies with no other options get to the races. Maybe the guys who left feel they can do better on their own with less of a spotlight on them? I have zero inside info so this is all just my own opinion but I would be thankful for what ML has put together if I were in the riders position.
4/5/2020 12:00pm
Just speculation here but sometimes guys can make more money on their own through gear contracts and other personal sponsors, plus they can choose their equipment and have more flexibility if a fill-in ride pops up. That may be the case for Robin, or not. I don't know.

As for the other guy isn't he just a YouTube personality? I don't think he was on the team for his results.
4/5/2020 1:12pm
ML is better off without them anyway, both wont really do shit. Go for Chiz & A-ray? they both dont have much going do they
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/5/2020 1:19pm
I see a lot of Speculationvirus 2020 running rampant in here.
fullfloater
Fantasy
10th
4/5/2020 1:21pm
GuyB wrote:
Better chuck a mask on. It's already spread to about 4 different threads.

Good luck to ML & Team.
Racer111
4/5/2020 1:34pm
GuyB wrote:
Can the speculationvirus mutate or is it to early to tell? I heard it all started in Corona,CA. 😝😝
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/5/2020 1:50pm
Racer111 wrote:
Can the speculationvirus mutate or is it to early to tell? I heard it all started in Corona,CA. 😝😝
I'm sorry, but I have some bad news on that front. Due to the negative stigma caused by the Coronavirus, the Corona, CA, city council has changed the name of its city to Monster Energy, CA.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
4/5/2020 1:50pm
GuyB wrote:
Better chuck a mask on. It's already spread to about 4 different threads.

Good luck to ML & Team.
Yeah, I've been working on a cure.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
4/5/2020 1:56pm
Racer111 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I'm sorry, but I have some bad news on that front. Due to the negative stigma caused by the Coronavirus, the Corona, CA, city council has...
I'm sorry, but I have some bad news on that front. Due to the negative stigma caused by the Coronavirus, the Corona, CA, city council has changed the name of its city to Monster Energy, CA.
Laughing
newmann
4/5/2020 2:16pm
I can’t even find someone to wash cars and sweep floors that is dependable and puts forth an effort. I can’t even begin to imagine how many employees you would have to go through to assemble a good bunch to put together a decent race team effort.
Dust601
4/5/2020 3:09pm
Bummer, Walker posts video on his insta of those two riding those sweet team bikes up, and down the side of a massive hill, and later that week they both leave the team.
mb60
4/5/2020 3:40pm
Does anybody think that Walker and Robin were not getting paid or that it's all up in the air right now ? Maybe it was better to move back home continue to train and see where things are in 2 months ?
TeamGreen
4/5/2020 3:53pm
Pink wrote:
ML512 wrote:
Young, yes...thinking I’m going to “show you how it’s done” not even close. I’ve said from the minute I started this that it is the worst...
Young, yes...thinking I’m going to “show you how it’s done” not even close. I’ve said from the minute I started this that it is the worst idea ever and it’s gonna be tough. Laughing
I think most people don’t know how many industry veterans there are that help out with Michael’s program or that he’s surrounded by “transportation industry” folks in his personal life that know every aspect of running a rig up & down the road.

Here’s what I know: I’m extremely proud of Michael and the extent of his commitment to keeping this team going.
Big E
4/5/2020 4:10pm
No matter what happens, I'm sure ML will have a great team when things start back up. Blose is strong and when he heals up Starling is a great rider. The way I see it there will be opportunities for two more riders now.
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
4/5/2020 4:12pm
newmann wrote:
I can’t even find someone to wash cars and sweep floors that is dependable and puts forth an effort. I can’t even begin to imagine how...
I can’t even find someone to wash cars and sweep floors that is dependable and puts forth an effort. I can’t even begin to imagine how many employees you would have to go through to assemble a good bunch to put together a decent race team effort.
That someone who is dependable and puts forth effort, isn't sweeping floors and washing cars. Unsure

Post a reply to: FXR Chapparal Team is done?

The Latest