You fellas putting that damn clip in the right way or

The Shop

langhammx
Fantasy
455th
7/17/2021 2:12pm
tek14 wrote:
They got free chains from Husky.
Ok, that’s pretty funny. But yeah… RK has to be a little concerned.
crowe660
Fantasy
4049th
7/17/2021 2:34pm
If he breaks a motor mount, will his season be over?
xrmark
7/17/2021 3:08pm
crowe660 wrote:
100%. He’ll have to hop on here and blow out ML to get new ones
FHKRacingZ
7/17/2021 5:50pm
Rupert X wrote:
You fellas putting that damn clip in the right way or
Bet those factory riders ain’t running a sand track with a regular clip chain...
CivBars
7/17/2021 11:01pm
crowe660 wrote:
-MAVERICK- wrote:
Depends on shipping. Grinning
You mean receiving?
VRR7
7/18/2021 12:59am
tek14 wrote:
They got free chains from Husky.
langhammx wrote:
Ok, that’s pretty funny. But yeah… RK has to be a little concerned.
RK Hampshire :-)
TK40_FC
7/18/2021 5:07am
Schock said in his post race press, the derailments were caused by rocks and not chain failures, but its gonna be hard to convince the masses when they are coming off in consecutive motos. If its a position vs a DNF, Im just making the decision to run an X-ring at this point. lol
7/19/2021 6:56am
TK40_FC wrote:
Schock said in his post race press, the derailments were caused by rocks and not chain failures, but its gonna be hard to convince the masses...
Schock said in his post race press, the derailments were caused by rocks and not chain failures, but its gonna be hard to convince the masses when they are coming off in consecutive motos. If its a position vs a DNF, Im just making the decision to run an X-ring at this point. lol
I was next to the fence where he ended up at spring creek. I can say for a fact that his chain was broken, not derailed. Cant say if it was a master link but the chain was no longer connected.
Motofinne
7/19/2021 7:16am Edited Date/Time 7/19/2021 7:39am
TK40_FC wrote:
Schock said in his post race press, the derailments were caused by rocks and not chain failures, but its gonna be hard to convince the masses...
Rocks or user fault. Knowing how chains are made, the odds that the team have had bad chains with bad QC is minuscule.
TK40_FC
7/19/2021 9:42am
TK40_FC wrote:
I was next to the fence where he ended up at spring creek. I can say for a fact that his chain was broken, not derailed...
I was next to the fence where he ended up at spring creek. I can say for a fact that his chain was broken, not derailed. Cant say if it was a master link but the chain was no longer connected.
Hard to argue with that, maybe some assumptions on his part or just trying to deflect a little for a sponsor. Maybe both. lol.
mxtech1
7/19/2021 9:50am
TK40_FC wrote:
I was next to the fence where he ended up at spring creek. I can say for a fact that his chain was broken, not derailed...
How do you know it didn't break during during the derailment process? If it got bound up as it was coming off the sprockets and the engine was still driving it fully loaded, it's possible the peak load was greater than the tensile strength of the chain.
7/19/2021 10:08am Edited Date/Time 7/19/2021 10:18am
TK40_FC wrote:
mxtech1 wrote:
How do you know it didn't break during during the derailment process? If it got bound up as it was coming off the sprockets and the...
How do you know it didn't break during during the derailment process? If it got bound up as it was coming off the sprockets and the engine was still driving it fully loaded, it's possible the peak load was greater than the tensile strength of the chain.
But how would Schock know that either?

If indeed the chain is demonstrably broken and bound up, how would one assume the bind up as the cause of the breakage vs the breakage being the cause of the bind up?
7/19/2021 10:16am
Whats everyone's favorite/most reliable x-oring chain for these modern 450's. My WE chain has been good thus far.
RichieW13
Fantasy
2913th
7/19/2021 10:18am
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2021/07/17/502056/s1200_Chap_RK.jpg[/img] https://www.vitalmx.com/forums/Moto-Related,20/Rockstar-Husky-chains,1392068
I (accidentally) bought my first press link chain a few months ago. I didn't love that design. It's hard to tell if you've peened the pin enough, and if you peen it too far the link will be tight, and I don't think it can be loosened at that point.

Not a fan.
7/19/2021 10:51am
TK40_FC wrote:
mxtech1 wrote:
How do you know it didn't break during during the derailment process? If it got bound up as it was coming off the sprockets and the...
I'm not saying it didn't break during derailment. All I am saying is that for a fact the chain was not connected when he came off the track and it was not bound up in anything. Track staff rolled the bike forward, he pulled the chain straight back through the rear derailer.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
7/19/2021 12:16pm
mxtech1 wrote:
But how would Schock know that either? If indeed the chain is demonstrably broken and bound up, how would one assume the bind up as the...

If indeed the chain is demonstrably broken and bound up, how would one assume the bind up as the cause of the breakage vs the breakage being the cause of the bind up?
So in either case the chain broke, correct?
7/19/2021 12:25pm Edited Date/Time 7/19/2021 12:33pm
mxtech1 wrote:
But how would Schock know that either? If indeed the chain is demonstrably broken and bound up, how would one assume the bind up as the...

yak651 wrote:
So in either case the chain broke, correct?
Correct. And I don't see how without some sort of high shutter slow motion footage, one would be able to say whether the chain failed prior to derailment or as a result of it.

Post a reply to: FXR Chapparal Honda chain?

The Latest