FULL SEND across the Desert....Wowzers!

7I3N
4/13/2022 12:04pm
Titan1 wrote:
I busted up my ankle at the rhino rally this year…and it was another good dirt year…I also dnf’d in 2017 (flat tire)…and in 2015-ripped off...
I busted up my ankle at the rhino rally this year…and it was another good dirt year…I also dnf’d in 2017 (flat tire)…and in 2015-ripped off the chain guide( another great dirt year).
7I3N wrote:
Bummer about the ankle. Guessing the cast just comes off right about now?
Titan1 wrote:
I had to have surgery (two plates, 13 total screws)...so I've got my 6 week post-op appointment Monday, and I'll find out if I can start...
I had to have surgery (two plates, 13 total screws)...so I've got my 6 week post-op appointment Monday, and I'll find out if I can start putting weight on it. I'm thinking another 2-4 weeks before I'm out of a walking boot.
Ouch. Heal up man. Did you get to go for a ride in Terry's helicopter?
Titan1
4/13/2022 12:08pm
7I3N wrote:
Bummer about the ankle. Guessing the cast just comes off right about now?
Titan1 wrote:
I had to have surgery (two plates, 13 total screws)...so I've got my 6 week post-op appointment Monday, and I'll find out if I can start...
I had to have surgery (two plates, 13 total screws)...so I've got my 6 week post-op appointment Monday, and I'll find out if I can start putting weight on it. I'm thinking another 2-4 weeks before I'm out of a walking boot.
7I3N wrote:
Ouch. Heal up man. Did you get to go for a ride in Terry's helicopter?
Ha! Nah...I rode myself back to the truck...a helicopter ride would have probably been less painful though.

But I'm getting better every day...so I'm optimistic about the appointment on Monday. Hopefully I'll be boot free in less time than I'm thinking.
Spankey
4/13/2022 2:51pm

Old school
jeffro503
4/13/2022 3:37pm
Yep!!!......That's it , I'm sticking with closed course! Those guys are going at speeds way past my comfort zone.

The Shop

4/13/2022 4:03pm
Here's another favorite old school dez/smoke bomb pic. I understand the promoter of the race screwed up and sent the water truck in 10 minutes after they went by...

Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1673rd
4/13/2022 6:42pm
Here's another favorite old school dez/smoke bomb pic. I understand the promoter of the race screwed up and sent the water truck in 10 minutes after...
Here's another favorite old school dez/smoke bomb pic. I understand the promoter of the race screwed up and sent the water truck in 10 minutes after they went by...

KOM?
Mit12
4/14/2022 8:32am
Raced District 37 back in the mid 70 through 81. Bomb runs were insane on a 125, dead engine starts with over 100 riders lined up on the armature/expert start waiting for the banner to drop kick the engine over and take off! You could not pre ride the corse so learning how to read the terrain was paramount. 1981 I was rehabbing a shoulder injury and decided to race MX to get back in riding shape and fell in love with MX and the rest was history. That is where the 12 came from it was my earned national number from District 37 12c.
Muzzle
4/14/2022 8:51am
I remember my very first desert race, lining up right behind Destry Abbott in the Amateur wave at the Cherry Creek National in 2008, if I recall. I remember thinking this must be a good spot to start if Destry is starting here. I watched him take off like a bat out of hell and sitting there thinking - holy shit, what have I got myself into...

Those dudes are faaaaaaaast!
FWYT
4/14/2022 9:01am Edited Date/Time 4/14/2022 9:02am
Here's another favorite old school dez/smoke bomb pic. I understand the promoter of the race screwed up and sent the water truck in 10 minutes after...

Mr. Ted wrote:
KOM?
Photo by legendary photojournalist Bill Eppridge at the start of one of the Barstow-to-Vegas races.
Bill Eppridge is the one that took the famous photo of Senator Kennedy just after he was shot in the hotel.
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
4/14/2022 9:02pm

Mr. Ted wrote:
KOM?
FWYT wrote:
Photo by legendary photojournalist Bill Eppridge at the start of one of the Barstow-to-Vegas races. Bill Eppridge is the one that took the famous photo of...
Photo by legendary photojournalist Bill Eppridge at the start of one of the Barstow-to-Vegas races.
Bill Eppridge is the one that took the famous photo of Senator Kennedy just after he was shot in the hotel.
That’s interesting. I have had a print of that pic (B2V) on my wall for 15 years. I grew up with JN Robert’s son, so I’ve got a bunch of old school prints of that era…

Post a reply to: FULL SEND across the Desert....Wowzers!

The Latest